Alamosa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+107 Students
- A58 Students
- A50 Students
- B50 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-27 Students
- A24 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Alamosa High School
- NGAlamosa Ombudsman School of Excellence
- Alamosa School District No. RE-11J, CO
- B-Sangre de Cristo Undivided High School
- Sangre De Cristo School District, CO
- 13 reviews
- C+Sanford Junior/Senior High School
- Sanford School District No. 6, CO
- 22 reviews
- C+Monte Vista Senior High School
- Monte Vista School District, CO
- 34 reviews
Alamosa High School Reviews
Review Alamosa High School
My sophomore World History teacher was really disrespectful to girls who came from an unnamed school. He would sometimes harass students walking down the hall or interrupt other classes by barging in and yelling. My junior year U.S. History teacher was a world changer. He was always respectable, people could joke with him and they wouldn't feel uncomfortable. Every other teacher that I have had has not made me personally feel uncomfortable. Some teachers don't have a grading schedule. Sometimes they will put in an assignment in the grade book that should should have already been entered two months ago. Our band and guitar teachers go above and beyond with their students, because every instrument in the room comes from their own money. The school does not give them money for choir, to replace broken instruments, or to buy new instruments. The teaching styles differ, but in most classes everyone takes notes. Other days could be activities relating to the topic being learned. The communication skills are there, but it could be better for some teachers. Some teachers in our school have masters, so we can take AP classes. Some teachers have interests in students, because they take their time to have meaningful conversations with us.
The school is welcoming but also safe. Bad things can happen anywhere, but the town is immediate in its response to school emergencies and threats, which happen occassionally, but have yet to develop into anything harmful. (AKA- the safety procedures work fabulously). Though, once, we had a blackout and the bathrooms (which have zero emergency lights and zero windows were dangerous, especially since that also shut down the sinks and toilets (which were automated). Also, student fighting is not at all prohibited and so the courts become involved. That's a bit intense.
Alamosa High School is a great school to be in at the valley. The teachers at AHS is so sweet, thoughtful, and helpful. They continue to push students to do their best and make sure they succeed. Even if students are being disrespectful or would not put the time into their work, teachers still continue to push them because they see potential in all of their students and they want to see every single person graduate. Some of the teachers do lack some work. Every year, teachers are required to meet certain criteria, but sometimes, once the school year goes by, not only do students slack, but so do the teachers. Overall, the teachers are great, but need to work on keeping up with the education that students need.