Alamogordo High School Reviews

As a military child, I've lived many places and gone to many different schools. By far Alamogordo high school has surpassed these school and soared above my expectations. When I went to high school in Texas, I learned that we would be moving to Alamogordo New Mexico. I had no idea where that even was, but things were moving quickly and I knew I had to adjust soon. On my first day, I was accepted and invited to participate in extracurricular activities almost immediately. Attending Alamogordo High School has been one of the best experiences of my life. This is all due to the people, teachers, coaches, and environment. I have now attended for 3 years, and will graduate soon. I am grateful for the experiences and knowledge I have obtained at this school.
The Sports are organized and competitive. The coaches are nice and understanding and create a fun environment. The teachers are dedicated to the students and want them to succeed.
Alamogordo High School is a great place for kids to grow. Like any public school, not all of the teachers are perfect--It's a little game of chance. However, I can guarantee that you will find that one teacher that you will go to for everything. Some of the teachers are very caring people, especially when you form a bond with them.
Start Your Review of Alamogordo High School
Alamogordo High School strives to prepare its' scholars to be college ready within four years. The teachers go out of their way to expand students' knowledge and understanding of academics. It is a community effort to embrace, encourage, and mentor success.
My overall experience at Alamogordo High School is very memorable. The environment of the school is warm and welcoming, the teachers and students are, for the most part, helpful. I have enjoyed spending my past 4 years at this school, though I have experienced many new changes. Some changes I would like to see is more help from some teachers and from those of higher staff.
The teachers and students are very personable. My favorite activities were soccer and track and field. The track program and coaching staff is one of the best in the state. I do wish the curriculum at the school was more vigorous and challenging.
Alamogordo High School has been a good school to attend. It has many good teachers and has a good staff overall. I have met many new friends and developed a stronger relationship with the friends I already made. It has helped me become college ready.
The school has a good environment. The teachers here are wonderful. Great teachers happen to speak about how the District, principal, and the state hinder their ability to teach. This leaves the school with teachers who follow everything by the book. This doesn't allow any ability to learn for those who need a different type of learning. The fine arts program is also one of the most mistreated programs at the school. The music part of the building has a roof that leaks when it rains, even the main building has leaks in the roof. They receive the least amount of funding out of all the programs. The art building demolished and the students moved into smaller older rooms. The football program receives the most funding. They received a new field, uniforms, and track among other things. The football program is not even the mosst successful program either. Students are treated fairly and education is a top priority at Alamogordo High.
Alamogordo Highschool was a school I started my junior year of highschool. It was a big transition but I have really enjoyed it. The teachers are very helpful and the academics are challenging.
My experience at Alamogordo High School was definitely memorable. This school has become my second home through the past four years. All the teachers are very helpful, academically and personally. I have continuously felt safe returning daily. Most definitely would recommend to anyone.
It was okay. I didn't love it, the teachers were great but the other staff (security) were absolutely unbearable.
All of the teachers I have had, save one, have been over the top and amazing when it comes to student concerns and taking care of the students.
Sports are some of the most popular extracurricular activities at this school. Overall, Alamogordo High School's sports are not spectacular, but many students have fun with them. I am not overly impressed with the coaching staff, but many students do enjoy the programs.
Overall, I have had a nice experience at Alamogordo High School. This past year, I had a great world history class with Mr. Forest Pearson as the teacher. Mr. Pearson is engaging and motivated. He made history fun. I had other great classes with Mr. Kevin Blackstone and Mrs. Georgina Niedermeyer. Another benefit of this school is that the dual credit program is easily accessible, which opens the door to a wide variety of possible elective classes. I would choose this school again because overall I have had a very nice experience with some wonderful teachers.
As one would likely find at many high schools, there are good and bad teachers. It is possible for one to obtain an excellent education at Alamogordo High School. In general, most teachers are good but not spectacular. There are some incredible teachers at Alamogordo High School. Two of the best teachers are Mr. Kevin Blackstone who teaches AP Biology and Anatomy, and Mrs. Georgina Niedermeyer who teaches Spanish. There are many other great teachers at Alamogordo High School with whom I have not yet had the pleasure of having as an instructor. Alamogordo High School has good teachers, with some who go above and beyond what is required and expected.
The school was very protective of the students and never let anything harmful come between the students ever, when a fight would break out they would always be able to stop it almost immediately.
We have are lot to offer, I was in a clubit called HOSA Health Occupations Students of America and our club was very talented, myself personally got 2 place and was able to go to nationals in my category.
Start Your Review of Alamogordo High School
It's just a brand new thing in my life and it's all so exciting to just meet a bunch of people because when you're from a small town you don't meet a lot of people.
All of the teachers are super interactive with the students and care about there success
While there are some club options, the school does not have many. Some clubs are reserved for certain crowds and will exclude you if you do not "fit in". Other clubs are okay, meet occasionally, and accomplish some goals.