Alamogordo High School is an above average, public school located in Alamogordo, NM. It has 1,349 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Alamogordo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B249 Students
- B161 Students
- C101 Students
- B-54 Students
- A-48 Students
- A+45 Students
- A34 Students
- A-34 Students
- A26 Students
- A25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Alamogordo High School Reviews
Alamogordo High School has done a great job trying to use the resources it has, despite what it lacks because of low funding and low priorities from the city. Although it is not perfect, they try their hardest to create the best learning environment possible!
As a military child, I've lived many places and gone to many different schools. By far Alamogordo high school has surpassed these school and soared above my expectations. When I went to high school in Texas, I learned that we would be moving to Alamogordo New Mexico. I had no idea where that even was, but things were moving quickly and I knew I had to adjust soon. On my first day, I was accepted and invited to participate in extracurricular activities almost immediately. Attending Alamogordo High School has been one of the best experiences of my life. This is all due to the people, teachers, coaches, and environment. I have now attended for 3 years, and will graduate soon. I am grateful for the experiences and knowledge I have obtained at this school.
The school has a good environment. The teachers here are wonderful. Great teachers happen to speak about how the District, principal, and the state hinder their ability to teach. This leaves the school with teachers who follow everything by the book. This doesn't allow any ability to learn for those who need a different type of learning. The fine arts program is also one of the most mistreated programs at the school. The music part of the building has a roof that leaks when it rains, even the main building has leaks in the roof. They receive the least amount of funding out of all the programs. The art building demolished and the students moved into smaller older rooms. The football program receives the most funding. They received a new field, uniforms, and track among other things. The football program is not even the mosst successful program either. Students are treated fairly and education is a top priority at Alamogordo High.