Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Alamogordo High School is a public school located in Alamogordo, NM. It has 1,564 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Alamogordo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B339 Students
- B204 Students
- C138 Students
- B-72 Students
- A60 Students
- A-60 Students
- A58 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+48 Students
- B47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Alamogordo High School Reviews
My Alamogordo High experience has been great! I felt welcomed to build a good re pore with the majority of my teachers and felt comfortable to be able to ask for help or ask questions at anytime. I also felt very comfortable with the student body. There is a wide range of diversity in Alamogordo High School and all students no matter of race, color, religion,origin,sexual preference or disability are encouraged to participate in school activities and clubs. Changes i feel future students would benefits from are more teachers in certain subjects, better communication, offering classes such as home economics, sewing/fashion. Also clubs should be supported by the school district so they do not have to be terminated, clubs such as the drama and the school newspaper. Parents should be allowed to help sponsor such clubs and school official can not always sponsor.
My experience at Alamogordo High School was bittersweet. People at my school are very open; nobody is afraid to speak their mind and will stand up for each other or themselves. What I like about my high school is the sports. I play golf and I absolutely love it. My coach works extremely hard and thrives to win. He is constantly working with us to improve our game. I owe it all to him; if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be the golfer I am today. If I could change anything about my high school, it would be the academics. We have good teachers, but they are not excited to teach because they cannot do it the way they want to. Students should be excited to go to class and learn! I would let the teachers teach how they want to so students will actually take in the criteria and remember it, which would lead to test scores rapidly improving and students wanting to go to class. I would also require a class that helps students become prepared for college without the stress.
My time at Alamogordo high school was short but through my experience at the school, I noticed a lack of care in several areas of the school. The amount of freedom most students had was astonishing. However, their track and field program was one of the best and I was glad to be a part of it. Additionally, the guidance counselors did a fantastic job addressing student issues and being support of students and their outside issue. Lastly, there were several teachers that truly had a motivation and a drive to make their students better, which is hard to come by.