Alamogordo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B211 Students
- B138 Students
- C93 Students
- B-45 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-44 Students
- A28 Students
- A24 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Alamogordo High School Reviews
Review Alamogordo High School
The school has a good environment. The teachers here are wonderful. Great teachers happen to speak about how the District, principal, and the state hinder their ability to teach. This leaves the school with teachers who follow everything by the book. This doesn't allow any ability to learn for those who need a different type of learning. The fine arts program is also one of the most mistreated programs at the school. The music part of the building has a roof that leaks when it rains, even the main building has leaks in the roof. They receive the least amount of funding out of all the programs. The art building demolished and the students moved into smaller older rooms. The football program receives the most funding. They received a new field, uniforms, and track among other things. The football program is not even the mosst successful program either. Students are treated fairly and education is a top priority at Alamogordo High.
As one would likely find at many high schools, there are good and bad teachers. It is possible for one to obtain an excellent education at Alamogordo High School. In general, most teachers are good but not spectacular. There are some incredible teachers at Alamogordo High School. Two of the best teachers are Mr. Kevin Blackstone who teaches AP Biology and Anatomy, and Mrs. Georgina Niedermeyer who teaches Spanish. There are many other great teachers at Alamogordo High School with whom I have not yet had the pleasure of having as an instructor. Alamogordo High School has good teachers, with some who go above and beyond what is required and expected.
Overall, I have had a nice experience at Alamogordo High School. This past year, I had a great world history class with Mr. Forest Pearson as the teacher. Mr. Pearson is engaging and motivated. He made history fun. I had other great classes with Mr. Kevin Blackstone and Mrs. Georgina Niedermeyer. Another benefit of this school is that the dual credit program is easily accessible, which opens the door to a wide variety of possible elective classes. I would choose this school again because overall I have had a very nice experience with some wonderful teachers.