Alamo Heights High School Reviews

I really liked how the staff really cared for not only academically but your overall well-being. The staff is very helpful and kind.
I really liked Alamo Heights high school because they have great teachers, and will sit you down if any issues happens with your progress in school. They have great clubs, pep rallies and fun nights. They have great safety and support one another.
I enjoyed the size of my class. I knew everyone in my class but also was able to engage with smaller friend groups. I’d love to see parents and students more welcoming of others that are new to the district.
Start Your Review of Alamo Heights High School
The music department is amazing. We have music directors that go above and beyond to help you achieve success.
Alamo Heights was a very great place for students to get a feel for what college would be like. While allow many freedoms on the academic side of things, Alamo Heights also could handle student life interaction better.
I loved the atmosphere at Alamo Heights. The people and staff are so nice and helpful. All of the teachers are there for your success. Although it is a big school, the amount of freedom and self reliance is astonishing. They definitely want the students to learn how to manage full, stressful course loads.
Alamo Heights is a great school district. During my time studying there I enjoyed the strong academics and multiple extracurricular activities. Some of the teachers are amazing and are really knowledgeable, and reachable. The facilities are a little old but the city of Alamo Heights just approved a new fund to rebuild the school. The new facilities will be amazing, there will be a whole new classroom and shop for the rocketry program which is one of the coolest things you could do in high school. The only thing that I would change about the school is the social environment, a lot of its students live in a bubble, cheating is a severe problem at the school, but no student receives a real punishment because the administration doesn't want to deal with the parents. However, most people are really friendly and the counselors are really helpful.
I love the size of my school so that I'm familiar with most of the students and teachers but the quality of teachers isn't always what most expect it to be. A lot of the teachers have been there for years and just haven't kept up with the times and some that are new may have been qualified for the job but it's obvious that routine check ups are not done to be sure they are on track.
I love how the teachers stay on campus during lunch, and are great at providing help outside of class. The campus is also very pleasant to walk around, and it is easy to navigate around the school.
Alamo Heights High School is a great school with teachers who care. There are a lot of opportunities for those who would like to take them. All schools in the district are being updated, including the high school, so the facilities will be better than ever. Like any school or organization, you get out what you put in.
I went to high school here. I absolutely loved this school. This school helped prepare me for a higher education. Today I am a nurse and finishing my RN degree.
I like the way they teach and how the teacher make classes fun and try to improve teaching. We have grate classes and options. Small class sizes.
Alamo Heights is a well resourced school district that creates a lot of opportunities for students. However, diversity and equality is very low among the students and the teachers
Amazing traditions. The school has implemented many new ideas and programs to help improve student wellness.
I enjoyed the open-campus atmosphere. However, everyone is really rich and I don't fit in with them. Some are sweet but a lot are rude and snobby.
Very good school since it's art program is becoming more serious and involved, good interesting clubs introduced recently too!!
Alamo Heights High school had very good academics and care a lot about their students. AHHS makes an effort to be inclusive and attend to each one of their students to help them succeed. The environment at the school was very positive and students were driven to be the best.
Start Your Review of Alamo Heights High School
I will be a senior at Alamo Heights High School this year and I have gone there my whole high school career. The teachers and administration are very helpful and they care about their students. Everyone knows each other at the school and we all work together to achieve our goals.
I loved the close nit student life. Every one sort of knew everyone. I also loved how safe and non violent the faculty kept the campus. Before I attended Alamo Heights, I attended a middle school where there were daily fights and many Police officers circling the campus. It was a great not having to worry about that at Alamo Heights HS.
I liked how Alamo Heights provided me with an exceptional education by creating a comfortable atmosphere with intelligent teachers who are readily available to give there best teaching abilities. I liked how the school was not easy as teachers motivated us to challenge ourselves and strive for a bright future.