Alameda International Junior/Senior High School Reviews

I graduated from Alameda high school in 2012. It is a very diverse school because of the neighborhood it is in. This school is very well for southern Denver. I feel the sports teams were not really good, but the teachers were and that's all that mattered to me.
I was challenged on many levels at Alameda and with the education I received there, and the encouragement I received from teachers, I was able to go on and be successful in college and beyond.
Alameda is a great high school that unites both middle school students and high school students. It's a great place with a friendly atmosphere for all the students. The only problem was where all the students were placed throughout the building. They just need to get a little more organized.
Start Your Review of Alameda International Junior/Senior High School
Its alright. Some teachers care about students academics and do what they can to ensure students success down the line. Food is beyond uneatable and will make you feel sick for the rest of the day upon consumption. Restrooms are usually a mess during school hours with most missing toilet paper and hand soap. One of the only other positives is that the school security does what they need to in order to ensure students safety.
This school is a real experience, a place with genuine character. You will find a student population from the lower middle class and largely from immigrant families. Students here are always challenging the system either because the challenge is the system that has underprivileged kids fighting to succeed against the odds or because rebelling is the only thing they know. Either way the school provides those who want with opportunities and strengths for a future to continue their fight. There are thick skin teachers with open minds that put a lot of effort even when the students don't and staff that is always trying to inspire and drive improvement. At this school there is a lot of pushing and ambition. Whether through the changing policies and structure, or in the student's hands making their athletic, artistic, or academic abilities known. Alameda is place with spirit, and though it is not perfect, I believe it is a place that will undergo great and positive changes.
I like my school, I have been almost 3 years there and my experience is awesome, I am active in school I play soccer for Alameda in varsity team for 3 years with this, I like my classes and also my Passion is art classes and I have been join it for 3 semesters and was the best, all the teachers are great even when star in my first year and I didn’t know English they competent me and support me every single day until my graduation.
I attended alameda for all four years of high school! It was an amazing experience with such an amazing faculty and peers.
It was fun mostly because I was in honors and IB classes, so all the kids in those classes were nice and serious about their work. Otherwise, I've heard many stories about others being bullied in their regular classes. Besides that, my friend had to drop out of her honors classes at one point and was seriously unhappy. The teachers are great though.
This smaller school creates a warm inviting space. Since it is such a small school over time everyone, students and teachers, become truly caring and like family.
I made the best of what I could at Alameda and I think many of my peers did also. However, like many high schoolers, if students lacked motivation there was no help for them. I felt that Alameda just tried to get kids in and out the door but provided little support to help kids who did not have the help at home. There was little to no prep for college, and I felt that administration and teachers just assumed college was out of the question for many students.
These activities are available. My student feels welcomed and challenged. The principal is always involved.
The teachers at this school certainly have their work cut out for them, but they handle it with grace. I have never had any problems with any of the teaching staff at this school. These teachers seem very involved, and to genuinely care about their students success.
The school has opened its doors to the junior high school students, and with that, I was apprehensive about this move. After listening to this schools principal and ultimately trusting her, the jr/sr high school has really worked out. Security has been increased. This school has a clinic on site, and I believe that this is great. Along with their school nurse, who is great. The Lakewood Police department is involved and present, which I enjoy. Overall, this school is as safe as any other school in America.
In the last 4 years, my child has excelled in the IB Diploma Program and has held a 3.0 or higher GPA. I respect the school and the administration, especially the principal. The sports department is good, in some respects, but their football and basketball coaches should really be re-evaluated, because I don't believe a High School setting is really the place for nany of them. Overall, I will most likely send my daughter to this school in 3 years.
its not the cleanest school, and safety is high.
After school activities are pretty good at this school. They tend to keep students on the right track
This school is okay because it has nice programs, but I went threw the classes really fast and many times got bored. I don't believe that there enough options for students to get the education that they deserve.
Start Your Review of Alameda International Junior/Senior High School
I would rate the teachers at this school as okay, because there are equal amounts of not good teachers and good teachers. Some teachers do a really good job and some do not.
The health program seems very forced, and often times, not helpful or interesting.
We have an amazing theater program, our director is great and very creative. We also have a very good sports program, one that succeeds in several awards over the year.