Alameda High School Reviews

Alameda High school is a small school in a small town. The teachers aren't involved in helping the students; most of the teachers don't know much about the subject they are teaching, they were thrown into it. Administration puts all the minority groups under a microscope and are unintentionally racist. We have over weight coaches teaching sports, we don't have consistent coaches for tennis, and they aren't supportive either. Overall, being an African american student at a predominately white school has been a terrible experience.
I have had a great experience at Alameda High. My teachers for the most part have been really great and I feel that I'm well prepared for the next step in my education -- college! I've been very involved in the theatre program and have been given great opportunities to perform!
Alameda High School was a great school. Many of the faculty members were kind and open-minded. The school held events to celebrate diversity and LGBTQ kids. The school also had a health center which helped students with their physical and mental health. Overall gave a lasting impression.
Start Your Review of Alameda High School
There are a variety of classes and a short break each day. The passing periods seem a little short considering the distance and traffic between classrooms in different buildings. Unfortunately, teachers are not required to allow students to use the restroom during class time. This is only a problem when the teacher is strict, and most teachers are understanding.
I came to this school for my senior year in Fall 2017 from Vietnam. All the teachers and students here really helped me to integrate into the school and especially the American life. I have had a great time here learning English. I also got so many good advices for college that I got into my dream school the following year. However, I hoped the Alameda High School would have more active clubs, which help students make friends easily.
Alameda High School is a very good school. The school provides a wide range of classes and opportunities for students. There are many resources that the students can use like the college and career center or counselors to aid them. Not only does the school have great resources it has a very safe environment for students of all aspects of life. The community is great, no one is ever discriminated or bullied for who they are. The student body has a good relationship with everybody and truly cares for the other students. That also goes to say that the administration is also one of the very strong aspects of the school. They care about the safety and education of all students. Overall Alameda High is a very good school that all students should go to.
The teachers and other staff here are wonderful and always ready to help any student who asks. Bullying is almost nonexistent, so all students get along very well.
- great teachers, especially ROENISCH and CARLSON
- very diverse community
- offers a variety of classes at different levels
- school spirit has been improving
Alameda High School is a very average high school. Students spend a lot of time on the academics side but not as much in the extracurriculars side. Teachers are pretty average as well. The school culture isn't as strong as others.
I liked how diverse the school was. There were a bunch of clubs and activities for me to be involved in.
I spent my last three years of high school at Alameda High, and I very much enjoyed my experience because of the diversity and acceptance among students. I have never been in a school where I felt I could fit in as much as I did at Alameda High, and I am glad that I got the opportunity to learn how to make good friends, especially going into college
Majority of the teachers are nice and try their best to help. There are many activities for everyone to participate. Hope to see the new Kofman Auditorium soon.
Alameda High school welcomes all walks of life. With the diversity within, the student have a chance at mixing and learning culture. The teachers and staff have all been there for a while which makes for great relationship among st them campus wide. The sports program that Alameda High offers allows everyone to try something new if they would like. Great High School!
I enjoyed the wide variety of classes which challenged me more than I had expected. We have a fairly diverse community and I appreciate all the school does to try and welcome everyone.
One thing I would change is how strict teachers are with test taking. I have often seen students cheating on tests, and I don't think this is fair to the students who have studied for the tests.
Alameda has great academics with many passionate teachers who love their jobs. After three and a half years here, I feel ready for college and owe that to the great resources in the college and career center and the plethora of AP classes available to take. Overall, I have had a great experience at Alameda High School.
Alameda High isn't anything special. The teachers are only good if they teach AP classes, there's hardly any school spirit, and recently, with the class of 2020 and 2021, there have been many more fights breaking out on campus. However, if you're a driven student, Alameda High isn't the worst place to be- it's just not the best. The AP classes (depending on the teacher) are challenging and engaging but the resources are lacking, compared to Encinal High. A big plus is that we're allowed off campus lunches, which means we get to roam Alameda's business district for overly priced food for 50 minutes. Honestly, if given the choice, I would have gone to ASTI or the Oakland School for the Arts. The student community at Alameda is lacking as well. Hardly anyone shows up for fundraisers or concerts, even those that benefit the sophomore class or the freshman class, for example. For such a close community as Alameda claims to be, it's surprising that Alameda High doesn't reflect it at all.
I have just moved here this August but everyone is all welcome me. I like how diverse this school is and awesome assembly too
Start Your Review of Alameda High School
The teachers at Alameda High are fantastic. They are dedicated and creative and passionate. I do feel that students not on AP track, however, do get somewhat left behind.
Alameda High School is a very safe and supportive space for students to be able to get their high school diploma.
Alameda High is fun at times, boring at times. The teachers are hit or miss, and the hits are HITS while the misses are MISSES. People are always in cliques and there's a lot of drama. The campus is great though.