Alameda High School Reviews

I liked how diverse the school was. There were a bunch of clubs and activities for me to be involved in.
I spent my last three years of high school at Alameda High, and I very much enjoyed my experience because of the diversity and acceptance among students. I have never been in a school where I felt I could fit in as much as I did at Alameda High, and I am glad that I got the opportunity to learn how to make good friends, especially going into college
Majority of the teachers are nice and try their best to help. There are many activities for everyone to participate. Hope to see the new Kofman Auditorium soon.
Start Your Review of Alameda High School
Alameda High school welcomes all walks of life. With the diversity within, the student have a chance at mixing and learning culture. The teachers and staff have all been there for a while which makes for great relationship among st them campus wide. The sports program that Alameda High offers allows everyone to try something new if they would like. Great High School!
I enjoyed the wide variety of classes which challenged me more than I had expected. We have a fairly diverse community and I appreciate all the school does to try and welcome everyone.
One thing I would change is how strict teachers are with test taking. I have often seen students cheating on tests, and I don't think this is fair to the students who have studied for the tests.
Alameda has great academics with many passionate teachers who love their jobs. After three and a half years here, I feel ready for college and owe that to the great resources in the college and career center and the plethora of AP classes available to take. Overall, I have had a great experience at Alameda High School.
Alameda High isn't anything special. The teachers are only good if they teach AP classes, there's hardly any school spirit, and recently, with the class of 2020 and 2021, there have been many more fights breaking out on campus. However, if you're a driven student, Alameda High isn't the worst place to be- it's just not the best. The AP classes (depending on the teacher) are challenging and engaging but the resources are lacking, compared to Encinal High. A big plus is that we're allowed off campus lunches, which means we get to roam Alameda's business district for overly priced food for 50 minutes. Honestly, if given the choice, I would have gone to ASTI or the Oakland School for the Arts. The student community at Alameda is lacking as well. Hardly anyone shows up for fundraisers or concerts, even those that benefit the sophomore class or the freshman class, for example. For such a close community as Alameda claims to be, it's surprising that Alameda High doesn't reflect it at all.
I have just moved here this August but everyone is all welcome me. I like how diverse this school is and awesome assembly too
The teachers at Alameda High are fantastic. They are dedicated and creative and passionate. I do feel that students not on AP track, however, do get somewhat left behind.
Alameda High School is a very safe and supportive space for students to be able to get their high school diploma.
Alameda High is fun at times, boring at times. The teachers are hit or miss, and the hits are HITS while the misses are MISSES. People are always in cliques and there's a lot of drama. The campus is great though.
The school was great in general, there could've been more diversity and the school doesn't have much spirit but the academics were pretty good!
Amazing student culture. Teachers were passionate, supportive, and knowledgeable. Great athletic program and coaches!
My time at Alameda High School has prepared me for the next 4 years at college. Without challenging AP courses and wonderful extracurricular activities and clubs, I don't think I would have gotten accepted to the colleges I got accepted into, which includes UCSB and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Although the quality of some subjects like History courses are superior to other courses like Chemistry in terms of the teacher, AHS prepares a student for the future.
Alameda High School is one of the most diverse school I have ever been to. The school is really impacted with students. Sports and Education wise is GREAT!
Alameda High was a nice, average school with a welcoming community and a rigorous curriculum. It had many resources that helped students get ready for post-secondary life. The school next to one of the main streets of the town so it was a great place to look for after school activities. There are many groups at the school for extracurricular activities that helped students enrich their environment, whether sports or social and environmental activism.
For the most part, the teachers here are really supportive and want to see you succeed. There is a lack of diversity within the AP classes.
Start Your Review of Alameda High School
With a large variety of classes ranging from college preparing to multitudes of advanced placement, Alameda High's classes offer a diverse selection for students with varying abilities and talents, promoting educational and artistic diversity. With such diversity in classes, it makes sense that our school has over 100 clubs that are eligible for anyone to join or start. With no starting requirements, Alameda High's sport teams are inclusive and available for anyone. We are able to fund these clubs and sports due to our excellent “PTSA”, or Parent , teacher, and student association. The food selection is amazing. We have an open lunch, meaning we can go anywhere we would like for lunch. To conclude, with all of the diversity in classes, sports, clubs, and food, our school’s culture is amazing to be apart of , and enjoyable for all.
It is a good learning environment for students to excel. Even with budget cuts, teachers go far and beyond to supply their students with the best education possible. I really enjoy how diverse the campus and how there are many clubs for people to join. Most students I personally know went to four-year schools. Totally recommend this school for people who aim to excel in their studies.
Great teachers, good location, lots of AP choices, lots of sport and music options. Excellent communications from administration and most teachers.