Alameda High School is a top rated, public school located in Alameda, CA. It has 1,682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Alameda High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+298 Students
- A293 Students
- A+282 Students
- A242 Students
- A235 Students
- A+231 Students
- A-184 Students
- B-171 Students
- A-169 Students
- A+144 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Alameda High School
- A-Encinal Junior/Senior High School
- Alameda City Unified School District, CA
- 156 reviews
- A+California High School
- San Ramon Valley Unified School District, CA
- 535 reviews
- ACastro Valley High School
- Castro Valley Unified School District, CA
- 686 reviews
- A+Albany High School
- Albany City Unified School District, CA
- 255 reviews
Alameda High School Reviews
Alameda High School is an amazing campus, full of diversity and school spirit. The community is very open and welcoming of all students and staff, no matter their differences. In fact, those differences are exactly what makes the school such an open-minded and progressive campus. The education provided at Alameda High is also one of the greatest curriculums as the school offers a wide variety of subjects and electives, including Advanced Placement courses. The teachers are experienced and understanding, and truly take the student into consideration. As a result, Alameda High truly prepares its students for their future college and career pursuits. Alameda High School is simply one of the greatest high schools one could possibly attend. My time at Alameda High has been four of the greatest years of my life.
Alameda High school welcomes all walks of life. With the diversity within, the student have a chance at mixing and learning culture. The teachers and staff have all been there for a while which makes for great relationship among st them campus wide. The sports program that Alameda High offers allows everyone to try something new if they would like. Great High School!
I find my school to be a safe environment for children, but I think that their effort for being inclusive can't help those who don't want to be included. Our school has had a situation where a religion was targeted and the school felt unsafe. Our teachers are ok some are better than others by reaching out to help their students while others don't seem to care about the students and they only care about the final result. My personal experience at the school has been good I never felt like I was being discriminated and I have had a lot of fun, but for some of my classes I wish that the teachers would work together so that all of the big projects wouldn't overlap each other. When projects overlap more time is being consumed and sleep is being lost which makes me less productive the next day due to fatigue. Overall my experience was just fine, but there are things that could e changed.