COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
ACLC is currently in Distance Learning Mode. For information and FAQs about ACLC during the COVID pandemic, please follow this link. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D+
The Alameda Community Learning Center (ACLC) is a tuition-free public charter school in Alameda. We provide a creative and rigorous college-prep program to about 360 students in grades 6 through 12. Class sizes are small, ranging from 25 to 30 in core classes and smaller in many elective classes.
Our innovative learning environment provides students with vital academic, leadership, and collaboration skills through project-based learning and a unique democratic model.
-engages learners through project-based learning
-empowers them through unique leadership opportunities
-raises self-esteem through community building
-fosters independence through self-directed learning time
-provides individualized support
-sets the highest academic, social and ethical expectations.
Alameda Community Learning Center Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+51 Students
- grade B+44 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A28 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade A21 Students
- grade A+20 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade D
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C minus
Culture & Safety
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 3 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 3 responses
Alameda Community Learning Center Reviews
Firstly, the leadership opportunities are plentiful here. If I didn’t come here, I don’t know if I would have the skill sets and interpersonal abilities garnered throughout my years at ACLC.
Regarding clubs/extracurriculars, don’t come here for that. We have one robotics club and one computer science class.
If you take advantage of what you have here, you will be achieving a lot more than at a normal public high school. Academics are not stellar, but the freedom to take college classes are very beneficial. I will be graduating with over 30 college units and Participating in a research internship at a nearby university the following semester.
I would recommend sending your child here only if they are really good at being independent.