Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy Reviews

My 4 years attending Alain LeRoy Locke were fun, yet very hectic. What I really like about locke is that it has a really good sports program. I played in their volleyball team for 3 years and I can honestly say that I’ve met amazing coaches and team players that I consider now my family. Locke will give you wonderful teachers that care for you and intentionally want to see the best in you. Aside from these feedbacks, locke has poor resources. I am aware that this school is located in Watts, which is why the school lacks in valuable resources due to the fact that people can and will eventually take these valuable resources away from students who seek to grow out from this low income neighborhood.
Teachers in the school care about you not only as their student but also as their friends. Teachers notice when you are absent in class and wonder where are you or if you are okay, they will also help you in any circumstance that you are going though either school or personal related. They will do their best to support you in the classes and arrange their lessons depending on the type of students that they have, that way no one gets benefit over the others when learning the lessons. The entire staff is friendly and you get to know your classmates really well, people are friendly and help you in and out of the classroom when you need assistance with anything.
The academics were average compared to other schools, I just wish the school had more AP Classes other than the basic Bio, Calc, English, History classes. There is a need for classes such as AP Computer Science and Psychology. They do prepare you for college and I would say that the difficulty of the classes is considerably hard for AP kids. However, I wish we were offered more resources to study and prepare for the SAT and ACT.

The safety of Locke is still poor. You will often see kids associated with gangs, sometimes some kids would smoke weed in the bathroom and sometimes kids would pick up fights with other gang members INSIDE and OUTSIDE the school facilities.

Overall, the school is good but is still improving in areas such as safety and academics. I am glad to have studied here and met smart, driven and studious kids that made the difference in the community and offered support to their peers.
Start Your Review of Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy
I start in Alain Leroy Locke being a freshman, and I really like that school that why I decide to not change because in that school I learn something very important such as the word “ perseverance” and when I applied this word to my academics goals l, and life. I discovered that I can do everything I want with perseverance, and with God helping me in all the time. I am very happy to be able to study in this school. I recommend this school to others young people.
I have had an exceptional experience while at Locke high school. I have been taught at college level and as I graduate, I am sure ready for college life. The teachers are excellent and positive. My school is great but not entirely perfect. I will like somethings to change especially security and student control. Many students act out of place and a little more effort should be used to curtail them. My school is really doing well security wise but more security on campus will be great.
Locke College Preparatory Academy was a decent school. The teachers felt very supportive in helping students achieve their dreams, but overall students never really felt prepared for college. The constant school fights got so bad the police would always get involved. The food was okay for the most part but sometimes was burnt or looked like a science experiment gone wrong.
Locke is an okay school, you will have no trouble passing your classes if you just do your work and keep up. The administrators are bad, but they have good teachers and students. The sports teams are excellent!
The school itself has a wonderful campus and space provided for students to perfectly interact within each other’s. The color are bright and beautiful, it provides many different materials for students to use, and our grass areas are many!
Locke High School has improved throught the years. This school has amazing teachers who care for the students education and choices. Locke is actually preparing us for our next step to go to college. The teachers, counselors, advisors, provide everything in order to suceed. I am a student at Locke and I am proud of my school.
I like that it is a high school that look foward for there students to go to college and help them in what they need and in there interest.
I like how the teachers are very supportive. If a student is going through a difficult time, the teachers will talk it out with them and help them find a solution. The teachers will also do whatever it takes to send the students to a high education. I would want the rules and policies to be strict; it will prepare us for interviews and college.
My school has a lot of problems. Sometimes the bathrooms do not work and have no running water. Our pipes have lead in it so we can't drink from water fountains. Our teachers are great but they do not really give us the proper foundations for college so we can be well prepared.
My experience at Locke HS was very average. I was a straight A student all four years and I was in many sports including soccer, softball, track, and cross country, which made my experience much better. I was also part of AP courses; AP Biology, my favorite, AP English Language, which helped me in my writing alot more, and AP Calculus, which really challenged my math skills. Overall, I had a decent time at Locke, but it could have been better if I were to choose better people to befriend.
Alain Leroy Locke HS is actually a very good school. It has teachers that push you to do better and to better yourself as a person. I recommend it to anyone trying to do something positive in an area that isn't so positive,South Central.
What I really liked about Locke were the teachers. Despite the unacceptable behavior of some students they still found the way to keep teaching and inspire others.
It's an amazing school that many of the students don't realize. since the school isn't particularly large, the students get more attention but they don't realize this. The counselors are kind and patient. The history teacher is too sassy for my taste but she gets the lesson done and I will give her that much.
Locke High School is a school filled with individuals who make it their mission to help our youth. Locke provides an abundance of resources for those willing to go the extra mile for their own education. Locke teachers and administrators are professionals who cater to individual student needs. They make it there sole mission to know each student personally and allow themselves to be someone the student can both trust and respect.
Start Your Review of Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy
As a current senior at Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy, I can say that my experience at the school has been good and bad. A positive thing that the school offers is great support from both administration to the teachers. I have had the pleasure to take classes with amazing teachers that want to see their students succeed. Another positive thing is that the counselors are phenomenal. They take time out of their own to assure themselves to help you with issues at home or about college. Counselors at the school have become more like family to me. One disadvantage to the school is that the academics is poor since not many AP courses are offered to students that want to excel in school. Academics are important because students interests should be met but the school offers a limited amount of courses that affects students.
My experience here at Locke has been very up and down.Locke has really taught me that i need to branch out and become more. Going to Locke has made me a more involved in my community
When I was there it wasn't a preparatory school it was just a regular high school and it was great!! The teachers were really caring and really understanding