Al-Madinah School is an above average, private, Muslim school located in Brooklyn, NY. It has 803 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. After graduation, 80% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Al-Madinah School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+64 Students
- B57 Students
- A+56 Students
- B+45 Students
- B42 Students
- A+33 Students
- C+30 Students
- C21 Students
- B+19 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Al-Madinah School Reviews
Al-Madinah School has made many significant changes especially this school year. These changes were made for the better. AP courses, clubs and activities, and more were included. There are several aspects of the school that could be changed such as the classroom sizes, food, and having more teachers. However, I believe that since a lot changed already, these few minor factors could be changed as well over the next couple of years.
It was a good experience overall. Class size is small and there's a low student to instructor ratio, which helps students socialize better with their teachers. Students must be independent to some degree however, because the school won't walk you through the college process step by step. Since its a private school, there tends to be delays in their office with sending paperwork to colleges, but I've never been in a situation like that. I'd recommend you to come here but you must know that you'll have to have your objectives set, and must be determined to work hard.
The greatest thing about the school is the people there and the teachers who allow the students the ability to confide in them. The bonds created there are important bonds. One thing I'd like to see change would be the way the female students are treated. They shouldn't e extremely strict on the female body and overly lax on the males.