A.L. Brown High School Reviews

I’d say my personal experience at A.L. Brown was pretty average. I wasn’t a. Athlete but when I did want to get into sports no one knew anything about it. Any issues I had with peers were easily settled with administration. Brown is just like any other high school besides the fact that we have no college ready classes and we taught things about adulthood through teachers that decide to put it into their lesson plan. I will say there could be something done better to what is served during lunch. There has been many “incidents” were things have been interesting things found in the cafeteria food.
I liked my four years at Al.brown high school because everyone comes together and there is diversity and different race that joins together and it feels like we are family. I also have played four years of womans golf and I wish Al.brown would have put some extra money in the fund for my golf team and it seems like the school does not seem like it is important because other sports are getting funded by the school more than golf. If I had to change about my school is the food because the food is terrible and I believe the school district can feed students better quality of food.
I am a student at this school. I am academically smart in math and I am apart of the football and wrestling team however, I do run track as well. This school has taught me so much growth socially and academically. They've shown me how to be a role model and team player.
Start Your Review of A.L. Brown High School
My experience at A.l brown for the past 4 years have been great and not great sometimes. Overall the school is very protective in it's kids and takes everything seriously to make sure we are safe and succeed in life.They have meetings mostly every month to tech teachers how they can work better. So Al brown is great school.
I liked the bond I had with my teachers. Some of the staff could do better and honestly the cafeteria served unsafe food
The STEM building within the school is a feature which is noted when compared to other schools within the area as being quite advanced. The teachers and athletics are also both known to be quite passionate as well.
I played softball and volleyball at this school. I made a lot of friends. It's was an okay school with a lot of tradition and history. I would not be totally against sending my child here.
I liked being in a diverse community and in an environment that challenged its honors students. The school spirit was great.
High School is truly what you make it, but the staff can help make it better. I moved to this school my senior year and because of the amazingly kind and understanding staff it made my transition very smooth.
A.L. Brown is a decent school better than most but I feel like the school only cares if it contain football and their players
A. L. Brown High School was a great high school experience. The sports are highly rated, the academics prepare students for 4 year universities, and I'm impressed with the way they have grown their arts and vocational programs since my graduation.
I liked how engaged the staff are and are ready to help overcome any obstacle. They pushed and helped me become a dual major at the local community college. Are trying to create more diverse classes. Link to classes: https://s.cedgi.space/
I loved how A.L. Brown felt like little families a part of one big family. Sporting events always gathered people together, especially Friday night Football. Go Wonders! Although I loved the atmosphere of the sports, I wish the arts would get more attention. There are so many talented students that don't get enough respect or attention. I applaud them for shining through under the circumstances they work in.
One thing about A. L. Brown High School is that everyone is so close to each other. You really make a family here. The school is like an open campus so it really gets you ready for college. The staff is so nice and willing to help you in any situation.
I really like this school. I am going to miss this place when I go to college. The teachers are nice and supportive. It is obvious that they care and want their students to do great things in the future.
A lot of the teachers are kind and helpful but there's a big learning gap. All the teachers do things so differently and the way things are set up for core classes is very messed up.
Attending A.L Brown High has been a great experience for me. If I wasn't for the amazing teachers who work here I wouldn't be going to college.
Start Your Review of A.L. Brown High School
A.L. Brown is an overall great school, they have many different career cluster options. The only thing I would like to see changed would be the engineering department. You don't get to choose what type of engineering you learn it's just very general.
A.L. Brown is not like most highs schools. It is absolutely the MOST diverse place that I have ever been, and this is coming from a girl who was born and raised in Albany, New York and switched between Albany and Buffalo, New York. My high school has diverse "Social classes," "Cliques," and definitely race. The only weird thing is, the students may be very diverse, but the staff is pretty much the same. They say that they care, but very few show it and act on that very statement. The ones that do care actually stand-out and are pretty much admired by the students.
I absolutely love how the projects and many grade have to do with creativity and using your imagination! What I wish would change is how students cared about their education, I wish everyone could have the wonderful teachers I have that push you towards excellence and help you reach all of your goals and even set some!