Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Akron Westfield Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Akron, IA. It has 179 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Akron Westfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- A33 Students
- A25 Students
- B-17 Students
- B15 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- C10 Students
- B+7 Students
- C+7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Dodgeball Tournament50%
- Homecoming Week25%
- Powder Puff Football25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Akron Westfield Senior High School Reviews
I feel that the atmosphere is welcoming, but not pleasant. The school makes very little effort to make extracurricular activities include and help students. The activities use favoritism to support certain students, while ignoring others. While in the classes, the teachers are very caring. They try to show compassion towards their students, but many teachers fail. They are not adequately trained to understand and support a student suffering from mental health problems. Even though they put in effort to help, they are not knowledgable about the proper support to provide. The students are not college-ready after graduating from this school. Students graduate with classes that did not prepare them for college level classes. The school offers dual credit classes through Western Iowa Tech. These dual credit classes have been the best experience of my high school career. These classes offered me an opportunity to develop into a rounded student.
Akron-Westfield is a school that you are allowed to be yourself! The teachers here are one of a kind in my books, if you are in need of help on any subject in school a teacher that may not even be teaching that particular class will help you. The community of our school and the atmosphere of our school is phenomenal!
I’ve been at Akron my whole life and I truly believe all of the teachers ha e prepared me for my future. My teachers are like family, and my coaches care so much about me.