Akron High School is an above average, public school located in Akron, NY. It has 451 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Akron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-56 Students
- C+35 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-28 Students
- B-26 Students
- C+25 Students
- B24 Students
- C+24 Students
- B22 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Akron High School
- BDepew High School
- Depew Union Free School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- BMedina High School
- Medina Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- AAmherst Central High School
- Amherst Central School District, NY
- 91 reviews
- B+Lockport High School
- Lockport City School District, NY
- 151 reviews
Akron High School Reviews
I have a very good experience with Akron High School. Our former Principal, Mr.Lu, who retired last year was very caring towards everyone and was considered a "Father to all". Our current Principal, Mr. Ricci, is doing a great job of getting involved and getting to know all of the students and teachers. All of the teachers are very nice and caring. When they see students struggling, they will try to help that student in anyway possible to help them to succeed.
Spectacular teachers. Would like to see a greater investment into the English program over the science and math. Although both subjects have helped me and others in areas such as critical thinking, problem solving, etc., the English teacher(s) has instilled characteristics in students that will definitely result in responsible, wise, creative, and respectful people graduating every year.
Akron School District is behind in so many areas of athletics and academics. They are 10 years behind in helping children with disabilities and move more towards not helping them or any student of it is going to cost the district money. The teachers only teach to contract meaning they do not go above and beyond their basic contractual obligations. The students are the last to benefit from any advancement in education, growth and development. There is an attitude of this is the way it is and the way it has always been so they do not change or grow with the times as a whole. More families are tuning to home schooling or private schooling in this district.