Akron High School is an above average, public school located in Akron, NY. It has 460 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Akron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-36 Students
- B23 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+19 Students
- B+18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Akron High School
- BDepew High School
- Depew Union Free School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- B-Medina High School
- Medina Central School District, NY
- 59 reviews
- A-Amherst Central High School
- Amherst Central School District, NY
- 81 reviews
- BLockport High School
- Lockport City School District, NY
- 144 reviews
Akron High School Reviews
The programs that are available are very high quality. However, the school is very small and the district does not have a lot of money, so there aren't many options as far as programs.
My experience overall was very good because I feel that the teachers really care about the students and want them to succeed in school and in life. It is very well put together by the staff and supported by the community. It is a great small town school and I am always noticing so many new faces moving in.
The guidance counselors are very helpful and involved if a student is troublesome/troubled, as are the teachers. Bullying is dealt with right away and the bully is often suspended. However, if physical fights come about both parties are suspended. For dress code, primarily girls get in trouble, we must wear shorts two inches past are fingertips, as well as no spaghetti straps or razor back tank tops, girls get detention for this all the time. however profane/ explicit messages on clothing is also banned, yet that is never dealt with.