Akron Early College High School Reviews

When I first started this program I was very scared of how hard it was going to be, but the staff put in a lot of effort in making sure you succeed in your classes.
It is a little challenging because of the college courses, but the help provided by the staff relieves the stress by a large margin. And the help is always available everywhere, whether in the staff or peers.
I love the teachers and the freedom of being on campus. You get to learn the college campus and see what it is like to take college courses while being in high school. When it is all over, you will finish with an Associate's degree.
Start Your Review of Akron Early College High School
Throughout my four years at Early College, it’s staff helped me and my classmates prepare for college in ways we didn’t know were possible. Some things they taught us were how to pick the right professors, how to manage time and get work done reasonably, and even how to maintain a steady sleep schedule.
I absolutely LOVE Early College. It prepares us for the real college life while still earning a degree upon graduating. I hope that others can see how great our school is!
Akron Early College is a school that is extremely challenging. You start taking college classes as a freshman and when you graduate you get an associates degree from the University of Akron. Even though it is challenging it is worth it. The staff are always there for you and it is like having a second family.
I have family members that have graduated from AECHS. Based upon many reviews, Akron Early College is an outstanding school! During the summer, they give your summer work, so you're ready when it's time to start school. Akron Early College gives you possibilit
Akron Early College High School has been a great experience! I got the chance to take college during my high school years. I got a feel of the campus life and got closer to my goals. At times the academics may be difficult but there are always teachers and my professors willing to help at anytime. I have never felt more supported. The students are amazing as well. Yes we have our differences, but everyone is focused on their goals and do not mind helping others achieve their own goals. We have a history of seniors who help the underclassmen and I have been lucky to be among those seniors. I am very happy that I attend this school and would definitely recommend it to other students in Akron.
Akron Early College has amazing opportunities for the students that get in. You apply you freshman year and take college classes. When you graduate you can have a associates degree for free. It get's you college ready because you are on a college campus taking high school courses and college. The program is more rigorous than other high schools they push you to do your best.
My school is very strict on bullying, if any case is found out it is taken care immediately and is no longer a problem for anyone. Considering that we are on the University of Akron campus we do not follow as many procedures that any other traditional school would have but we do participate in fire drills and tornado drills.
At my school since we do not have sports we have extracurricular activties such as student council, yearbook, drama club, and many more activties that are staff lead. I am in most of these clubs and in my opinion a great thing to have considering that my school is not traditional. Our staff is great at making sure our in school and after school life is filled with fun.
At AECHS my first year I was very hesitant because I was not in a regular high school setting. I was very shy and not very talkative when it came to out of classroom situations, but once I got into my sophomore year I met the best people ever. They brought me out of my shell and helped me grow as a person. If I had a chance to pick a different school I wouldn't even think about it because this school has helped me become a better person and value my education more. My school is not traditional at all which makes it different and special in all different ways.
At Akron Early College the amount of teachers are very low considering each grade we progress in the more college classes we take on. With that being one would think that AECHS does not do very good in activities and turtoring, but my teachers spends time in and out of the classroom and also before and after school to help with turtoring, extra curricular activities and also personal problems. The teachers care about you and your well being no matter what your situation is. Our school is a small family that makes a big impact in our everyday lives that I am grateful for. i wouldn't ask for a better staff.
The extracurricular activities at our school are somewhat limited at times because we share the campus with college students. However, we are able to work with the nearby STEM high school and are able to use their facilities for events at times. We can take part in intramurals there and it is home to the annual all class competition. In other areas, we have yearbook, literary magazine, coding, cultural awareness and student council as well as drama club. Personal favorites tend to vary from person to person but most tend to look forward to and enjoy our class competitions. Everyone is welcome and accepted there as we show our school spirit throughout the classes.
While attending Akron Early College, I had the privilege of attending fun and informative classes led by very caring teachers. They did their best to make each day fun while keeping us on track. When I needed help, the staff was there for me. I couldn't choose a better high school if I tried.
At Akron Early College, the teachers strive to aid the students and direct them towards success. While facing honors classes as well as college classes, every teacher is openly available for tutoring or in times of great stress. They sincerely care about the students and do their best to have amazing relationships with each student.
This is a college campus that you feel safe on.
Start Your Review of Akron Early College High School
Not alot extracurricular activities. But what they have is done very nice
You are on a college campus from freshman year earning college credits. You mature quickly and learn to manage time.
Because AECHS is on a college campus, not as many safety measures are taken. When on campus, though, we have access to the University Police, and emergency phone system, and are advised to walk in groups on campus. There is also an alert system for emergencies and we attend ALICE training.