Akins High School Reviews

Akins high school is probably one of the best schools out there the atmosphere is always so energetic. The students are so involved with the school. We always dress up on days when there are fb games even though we dont usually win we always hype up our fb team so they never feel sad about not winning the game. The amount of clubs and important organizations that make a difference to our community are unbelievable. There are so many. Theres a lot of community service opportunities. So students dont have an excuse to not volunteering. Over all everyone enjoys being in this school. CLASS OF 2019
Akins is a great school to be at, everyone is really nice and accepting towards others. There’s a lot of academies to choose from and great opportunities that will help further your career.
Every High school has it's flaws. Akins, the only flaws I found were that if you weren't invested then many of the teachers weren't. Of course you're supposed to be independent, but you also need to be to do things on your own without having adults telling you what to do. Make your own memories and do not be afraid to ask questions. I have had problems with some of the staff members, but you can't let that get you down.
Start Your Review of Akins High School
I am only going into Akins high but I have been on campus met teachers and students gone to games and one thing I can say is that I love the community I love all the people and all the opportunities to meet new people I am so excited to finally go to Akins but I have done my research all of the academy leads are very feiendly outgoing and understanding i know for me it’s the perfect place to be the academics could be better but I know they are improving as it’s just be made into an early college high school I’m very excited to see this school grow and thrive
My experience of Akins High School was great but sports wise. I played volleyball all of my 4 years there, and 2 years on varsity. I made plenty of friendships and won a couple of awards. It was a great experience being coached by Mandy Thomas. She was a big influence in my life and pushed me to play at the collegiate level, where I won a national championship my first year there at Eastfield College. As for being a senior at Akins high school, I had the worst experience due to the principle Brandy Hosack. She was the worst principle ever and I am glad that she moved to the Dallas ISD district because Akins deserves someone way better than that. She pulled me out of prom and didn't let me participate over something small. I had good grades and I stayed on top of school work but because of a choice that I had in MIND but wasn't done (throwing a party, which every high school does), I got taken out of prom. All the money I spent was gone to waste.
The AP classes were very rigorous and I 100% recommend if you're looking for a challenge. What I want to see change is the overall organization of the administration. It's a complete mess.
Great teachers and principles, very welcoming, all the extra curriculars were very team oriented. Every class I was in impacted me in a very helpful way. I learned everything I possible could. College readiness was probably one of the best classes I took and helped me prepare a lot.
Even after graduating from Akins, I can look back on my high school experience and be glad I went there. I was able to meet some great teachers, and ones that genuinely want there students to succeed and make it in the real world. What made it so special is that, at least for me, it felt like everyone had there place and it seemed like no one was out of place. I'm glad I was able to spend my high school years at Akins.
Honestly Akins High School gave me so many opportunities to get involved and so many other things. The staff really does care about the students I would always want to give back to them for what they did for me.
Akins High School is full of diversity and opportunities for everyone. At Akins you feel accepted in your own skin, not put to shame for being who you are. Akins dwells in differences whether it be race, religion, fashion, sexual orientations, or even to the type of music you like.
Akins high school sets you up for your future the moment you register. They have academies which endorses careers. Within each academy they offer classes to help you learn more and prepare you for your career. Akins high school is the best high school on the planet
I’ve been at Akins high school for 2 years now and have never been so comfortable, motivated, and encouraged in my life. Akins is a school that cares about every individual student as if we were their own blood. Akins also has very advanced technology and programs to help all the students. As a future law student, I’ve been able to learn college level law information and take the ACC Finals with out having to leave the school. If I had to rate my school it’d be a 10/10.
I think Akins High School is the best school because i feel like like it helps everyone. It facilitates chrome books to take home and study and it helps kids with special needs.Its a safe place to learn. Learning has never been fun to me, but at Akins they make learning fun. Its gives kids the opportunity to learn new things.
Moving to Akins my sophmore year has been the best choice I could of ever made. Akins is a very diverse, welcoming school and a good example of wanting all its students to attend college and succeed. All the academies and interships that Akins offers, help you get a one on one expirence of whatever major you may want to go into.
I liked the student body as a whole. The academies also were very unique. The teacher feeling with students was very close & supportive.
Akins is huge but super inviting at the same time. It will take a little time to figure out where all your classes are but as soon as you do you will meet teachers who actually care about you and your personal situation. The majority of the staff at Akins want you to succeed and will do a lot to help you with whatever you mght need.
I love akins so much! The teachers help me to reach every single goal I have in mind and the way the schools system is set up makes succeeding easy. You can be in one of five specialized academies with their own specific consultants and principals. It’s like five different schools in one.
Start Your Review of Akins High School
I love how the most of the staff is very caring and understanding of each student, however, there are certain policies in place that are hard on students like the new FIT policy and tardy policies.
This school is like a big family of many cultures coming together and learning the staff is amazing and work hard to make sure we all succeed.
When I attended Akins It was a very good school years I had. I had a lot of potential teachers who genuinely believed in you and knew you can do better and go farther in life. The clubs were very expanding there was no way you can say there is no place for you to fit in. Akins High School accepted about everyone and gave you the best time of your life.