Airport Senior High School Reviews

The teachers are overall amazing with of course a few exceptions, but every school has that. The principal and assistant principal are amazing! They do need more of a variety of classes, but the school is fairly small do I can understand why many classes aren't offered. There's only air conditioning in a few classrooms, so it gets unimaginably hot in the summer.
Airport High School offers a lot to students that attend here. Airport is a good atmosphere with how helpful and encouraging the staff is along with the fellow students. One thing i would change about my experience at Airport Schools would to become more involved with some of the things that Airport offers the students when i was not participating in sports.
The school is very welcoming. The staff is very caring and easy to talk with. The only down side is no air conditioning which makes it terrible the beginning and end of the school year.
Start Your Review of Airport Senior High School
Airport Senior High School has helped me grow and prepare myself for college. The teachers and staff are so caring and compassionate that they will put you before themselves in any given situation. They make sure that you understand what you are learning as well as helping understand the different concepts to be learned. Being a student at Airport allows me to get out of my comfort zone and allows me to be myself. There is a lot of diversity and all the students get along with each other.
We have four children, one graduated, one middle and two elementary. There are tons of activities, advanced math started in fourth grade, both reading and math intervention, and secure entrances. The only thing I would like to see change is transportation to activities by the school. We love airport community schools, go Jets!
I went to high school at Airport and had excellent teachers. They all prepared me in a way for college. The staff is excellent and they always put their students first.
I like how close I feel to all my teachers. Most teachers here are very honest and funny. They are strict when they need to be, but are over all very kind. I also like our class options. We have a wide variety of classes to take and many AP and dual enrollment opportunities as well. One thing I wish the school would improve is the bathrooms. They are usually pretty well kept, but most of the toilets don't flush well. Occasionally some won't flush at all.
Many of the students within the school district are rather trashy, however - that cannot be changed. Overall, the school is run poorly. We have plenty of money coming from God knows where, but it all sorta goes... somewhere. Our money that goes somewhere we can see is our football field, baseball feild, and softball field. That's about it. However - we can tell it's going somewhere else.
Airport High School is good for someone who are able to pass their classes, but it doesn't help you to prepare for college. The administration is too busy with politics to do anything, especially with sports, politics are the worst.
Airport High school needs a ton of work to be done, there is nothing special about the high school at all. They need to work on their everything.
Usually the students get involved during the spirt weeks we put on. Peer pressure is something I really don't see here, however, that doesn't mean that it doesn't go on. I would say our school is very accepting to others that may have a disability. However, there is the one that usually disagrees with the majority of us.
All of the teachers love what they teach. However, not every teacher puts grades in throughout the semester. I would rather have a teacher who puts grades in dying the semester or marking period so I know where I am instead of waiting to the end othe semester. The scheduling process is usually easy unless you get called down to move some of your classes around due to a teachers conflicting schedule. Some of the popular classes include; biology one and two, physiology, chemistry, communications.
Bullying is not as noticeable due to the fact that airport has partnered with the Okay 2 Say program. Here is where any student can contact anyone at the company to get help if needed. We do have a liaison officer at the high school. I feel super safe while attending school here.
At Airport there is a good mixture of sports available; we have everything from bowling to baseball to basketball to volleyball and many more in between. There is also plenty of clubs to keep you busy too. You can pick from Spanish club, drama, art club, and gay straight alliance, and a few others. Each club has a good number of people in them each year. I would say the most popular club would be drama. W also have upward bound program where the students get paid for coming in and doing there homework. Our teachers usually stay after on tuesday; also called Tuesday's with teachers, to help any students with any of their homework.
I loved how much the seniors participated in the spirt weeks; for example during Homecoming and coming home. I also liked how if their was a tragic event; for example a death of a student, the whole student body comes together to help the grieving friends feels better. However, I didn't like how some of the teachers waited to put grades in until the end of the semester.
Some teachers are very consistent while grading while others wait until the last few days of the semester to finally put in grades. I would say all the teachers are very knowledgeable with their teaching. They all genuinely care about their students and what they are teaching.
This school is very safe and does everything is can to keep everyone in the school safe. We run many drills, including tornado, fire and lock down drills. We even have a day where the teachers have to defend their classrooms from a "bad guy" as practice incase something were to happen.
Start Your Review of Airport Senior High School
There are so many extracurricular activities to be involved in at this school. There is something for everyone. There are clubs for many different types of things, there is a huge variety and everyone should take place in at least one.
Airport Highschool will go above and beyond for all its students. For example, students with disabilities or families struggling will always receive help. If a student or family is struggling with something like cancer or cannot afford to pay bills, the school, parents, teachers and students will do all they can to raise money or help the family in any way they possibly can. This school is very close community and I would never want to go anywhere else.
The teachers always try their hardest to help to their fullest abilities. They will always go above and beyond to help you if you need it. Each teacher teaches differently but they will always explain what they expect of you and help you out when your struggling with new topics. Also, each teacher teaches differently. Some will just have you take notes and explain them and others will give you more hands on activities to learn new topics, but either way they will always make sure you learn the topic.