Airport Senior High School is a public school located in Carleton, MI. It has 766 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Airport Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+56 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+30 Students
- B+28 Students
- B+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Airport Senior High School
- BHuron High School
- Huron School District, MI
- 134 reviews
- BRiverview Community High School
- Riverview Community School District, MI
- 212 reviews
- BOscar A. Carlson High School
- Gibraltar School District, MI
- 194 reviews
- BFlat Rock Community High School
- Flat Rock Community Schools, MI
- 80 reviews
Airport Senior High School Reviews
We have four children, one graduated, one middle and two elementary. There are tons of activities, advanced math started in fourth grade, both reading and math intervention, and secure entrances. The only thing I would like to see change is transportation to activities by the school. We love airport community schools, go Jets!
I like how close I feel to all my teachers. Most teachers here are very honest and funny. They are strict when they need to be, but are over all very kind. I also like our class options. We have a wide variety of classes to take and many AP and dual enrollment opportunities as well. One thing I wish the school would improve is the bathrooms. They are usually pretty well kept, but most of the toilets don't flush well. Occasionally some won't flush at all.
Airport Senior High School has helped me grow and prepare myself for college. The teachers and staff are so caring and compassionate that they will put you before themselves in any given situation. They make sure that you understand what you are learning as well as helping understand the different concepts to be learned. Being a student at Airport allows me to get out of my comfort zone and allows me to be myself. There is a lot of diversity and all the students get along with each other.