Airport Senior High School is a public school located in Carleton, MI. It has 767 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Airport Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- B-61 Students
- B-57 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+28 Students
- B+28 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Airport Senior High School
- BHuron High School
- Huron School District, MI
- 132 reviews
- BRiverview Community High School
- Riverview Community School District, MI
- 207 reviews
- BOscar A. Carlson High School
- Gibraltar School District, MI
- 190 reviews
- BFlat Rock Community High School
- Flat Rock Community Schools, MI
- 79 reviews
Airport Senior High School Reviews
I like how close I feel to all my teachers. Most teachers here are very honest and funny. They are strict when they need to be, but are over all very kind. I also like our class options. We have a wide variety of classes to take and many AP and dual enrollment opportunities as well. One thing I wish the school would improve is the bathrooms. They are usually pretty well kept, but most of the toilets don't flush well. Occasionally some won't flush at all.
Many of the students within the school district are rather trashy, however - that cannot be changed. Overall, the school is run poorly. We have plenty of money coming from God knows where, but it all sorta goes... somewhere. Our money that goes somewhere we can see is our football field, baseball feild, and softball field. That's about it. However - we can tell it's going somewhere else.
At Airport there is a good mixture of sports available; we have everything from bowling to baseball to basketball to volleyball and many more in between. There is also plenty of clubs to keep you busy too. You can pick from Spanish club, drama, art club, and gay straight alliance, and a few others. Each club has a good number of people in them each year. I would say the most popular club would be drama. W also have upward bound program where the students get paid for coming in and doing there homework. Our teachers usually stay after on tuesday; also called Tuesday's with teachers, to help any students with any of their homework.