Air Academy High School Reviews

I moved to Air Academy High School at the beginning of my junior year. The academic challenge of changing schools was difficult but my teachers and counselors were there to support me and helped in finding the correct fit in my classes. The students are very welcoming and I do not want my senior year to end. I would recommend this school to parents and students. The only thing I could even think of changing would be the food but I am pretty picky!
The only thing that I would want to improve is the connection between the students. It feels like technology has taken away a lot of face to face contact.
AAHS has been very helpful and flexible with me when I've had difficult times. The counseling staff is amazing and there are wonderful, caring teachers willing to help.
Start Your Review of Air Academy High School
Air Academy provided me with a well rounded experience to prepare me for my future. The school is designed to be a challenge by choice school, so, if you want to push yourself, you may go for those AP and Honors classes, but, if you want an easier time, you can go for the easier regular classes. Teachers are kind and want you to succeed, but they also have a sense of humor, so classes are still relatively engaging. One cool thing about Air Academy is the PLTW Engineering courses. They prepare you very well for engineering as they do cool projects and teach you actual engineering terminology and problem solving skills. Besides some minor drama problems that come with all high schools, Air Academy was a spectacular experience.
Air Academy is an excellent school with a wide diversity of classes. The sports program is great, and the teachers are for the most part exceptional at teaching their course.
Overall, Air Academy has been great over the years I have been here. Like every other school, there are some teachers who you disagree with, but many of them stand by their students.
What I like about Air academy high school is that they teach you that there is no limit to education. What I don't like about Air academy high school is that they don't put much effort into the food.
Air Academy is clearly one of the top academic institutions in the state with wonderful teachers, administrators, resources and parent involvement. The extra-curricular activities are well funded and utilized. There is a tendency, as with most schools, to over emphasize sports over other activities; despite the relatively mediocre performance of most teams compared to their district counterparts.
Air Academy is filled with challenging Academics and teachers. You continue to learn how to build a community and set your self up for a successful future. As a school we have great spirit. We attend almost every sports game. We have gone through challenges; through the loss of people but our community was strong and has become a family.
Air Academy strives to ensure that all student are college-ready and can learn in an environment conducive to learning. Most of the teachers and faculty are caring and helpful, and Air Academy strives to provide all possible opportunities to their students.
Air Academy High School has very strong academic opportunities, sports programs, band, and good teachers. They recently opened a Kadet Koffee bar run by the business students, which is a fun way for students to get coffee and other drinks in the morning while serving as a service opportunity and business experience.
Air Academy HS has a wide variety of academic/elective classes available to its students, with an equally varying amount of success with students and teachers. The custodians do well with keeping the school clean. Many rooms still have asbestos in ceiling. The school recently received more funding via the district, which is in the process of paying for renovations to building 'B', and the purchase of two wall screens titled "Skool" that are turned off during school hours due to distrust in the students by the admin- a more effective use of that money would have been renovating and repairing the school bathrooms (one of which is missing walls between toilets, part of why the school obtained money in the first place). In general, the school is serviceable, providing the advanced students the best education they can offer- A fact that is difficult to extend to students who are not on the advanced track, due to a divide between the "graduation" and "college" pathways the school suggests.
Air Academy is a very nice school with a high standard of excellence, however, students often fall by the wayside as the emphasis on stellar academics.
I enjoyed my time at Air Academy I just didn't like how many of the clubs and sports had expected for the students to find where things were or where to turn in certain assignments.
The administration at this school is horrible. Staff is impossible to
contact directly. They hide behind voicemails and never call back!
Overall, I felt like I had a good learning experience while I attended Air Academy. There were a lot of clubs and safe spaces, which I really enjoyed. I felt as if most of the teachers were really dedicated to their jobs and genuinely cared about their students. However, there was a bias towards certain programs over others. Also, the staff at Air Academy is quite progressive, however, there's still a lot more that could be done as far as the inclusion and acceptance of certain students, such as those in the LGBTQ+ community or any of those in minority groups.
Great music program (which is the main reason I still go to Air Academy). However, some academics are better than others.
Start Your Review of Air Academy High School
It is a great school. It is rated one of the top schools in Colorado. The teachers are kind and almost always available for extra help. If a student is genuinely trying all the teachers I have had have grace and grade accordingly.
Horrible school, horrible staff, and teachers are the worst and so are the students. This school is full of a bunch of pricks.
Great and friendly atmosphere. Teachers are extremely helpful regarding materials taught during class and will also be willing to listen to any problems that you might like to share with them, such as personal ones. They will do everything they can to make you feel comfortable in their classroom. Students are generous and will help you find your way around if you are not familiar with the school.