Air Academy High School Reviews

Air Academy High School is an excellent institution. I was able to connect with my friends here and the teachers are amazing. They have good athletic programs and encourage students to get involved in the many clubs, and activities that they offer. The classes are challenging and prepare you for college classes.
Overall, I have enjoyed my time here at AAHS. I found activities that I enjoy, I’ve taken some incredibly fun and rigorous courses, and I have met some amazing people here. Despite this, there is still a lot to work on to make the school better. Firstly, the teachers here don’t seem to care unless they are teaching honors or AP courses. The honors and AP teachers are incredible and make learning fun but unless you’re involved in these courses, you don’t get that. Most of the teachers here are often biased and pick favorites. Secondly, there is absolutely no diversity. There’s no cultural diversity within the students and teachers. The school is filled with primarily privledged white kids who have the same personality as an Adidas sandal. There are no fun sports to participate in. The only good and enjoyable “sports” team to watch is the marching band. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great things about this school, but in my opinion, the bad outweighs the good.
The school is overall great. Good teachers who show that they care for their students and great guidance counselor.
Start Your Review of Air Academy High School
Air Academy has some very cool programs inculding engineering (project lead the way) classes, lots of clubs from art clubs to robotics to no place for hate, and has very good cross country, basketball, soccer, track, and more sport programs
I love how while I was at air academy for two years how involved the students were in their classes and making new friends and also being kind to people even if they don't know each other. The school faculty are friendly to approach and talk to and are willing to listen and help you if you are feeling down about something. The energy and atmosphere in that school is so warm that it feels like you are at home.
Air Academy is a genuine place of learning and kindness. I’ve never once felt threatened by anything when going to school and I’ve never doubted the academic program, however I would like to see an improvement in school spirit and less divided class. I do admit I’m lacking in school spirit but I believe it starts with the student council, teachers, and administration creating that environment.
The most outstanding aspect of this high school is the teachers. Out of all the teachers, I can only name a couple who weren't the best. Air Academy cares deeply for its students and their futures. The classes match students to their abilities and create challenges.
While it is not perfect, I have loved being at this school. Most of the teachers are great if you take honors and AP classes. The band was a great experience and is the magnum opus of the school. It is a unique environment as it is stationed on the United States Air Force Academy. The people are also nice and the administration seems to care about the students. I would definitely send my kids there in the future if the school stays the same.
Ever since I was a freshman attending Air Academy, I always had an urge for school spirit, and being a Kadet let me express that like never before. Air Academy is a great school with great teachers that are constantly looking for their students to succeed. The staff members and students often have very good bonds and get along extremely well. One thing that I would like to see change about the school is the administration. A lot of clashing opinions have come out of certain administration members, going against other staff member standpoints as well as students. It was a very large problem at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year, but since then it has settled down a lot, and the school is back on track as it used to be. Overall, my experience as a an Air Academy Kadet has shaped me and prepared me for the next upcoming chapters of my life.
I moved to Air Academy High School at the beginning of my junior year. The academic challenge of changing schools was difficult but my teachers and counselors were there to support me and helped in finding the correct fit in my classes. The students are very welcoming and I do not want my senior year to end. I would recommend this school to parents and students. The only thing I could even think of changing would be the food but I am pretty picky!
The only thing that I would want to improve is the connection between the students. It feels like technology has taken away a lot of face to face contact.
AAHS has been very helpful and flexible with me when I've had difficult times. The counseling staff is amazing and there are wonderful, caring teachers willing to help.
Air Academy provided me with a well rounded experience to prepare me for my future. The school is designed to be a challenge by choice school, so, if you want to push yourself, you may go for those AP and Honors classes, but, if you want an easier time, you can go for the easier regular classes. Teachers are kind and want you to succeed, but they also have a sense of humor, so classes are still relatively engaging. One cool thing about Air Academy is the PLTW Engineering courses. They prepare you very well for engineering as they do cool projects and teach you actual engineering terminology and problem solving skills. Besides some minor drama problems that come with all high schools, Air Academy was a spectacular experience.
Air Academy is an excellent school with a wide diversity of classes. The sports program is great, and the teachers are for the most part exceptional at teaching their course.
Overall, Air Academy has been great over the years I have been here. Like every other school, there are some teachers who you disagree with, but many of them stand by their students.
What I like about Air academy high school is that they teach you that there is no limit to education. What I don't like about Air academy high school is that they don't put much effort into the food.
Air Academy is clearly one of the top academic institutions in the state with wonderful teachers, administrators, resources and parent involvement. The extra-curricular activities are well funded and utilized. There is a tendency, as with most schools, to over emphasize sports over other activities; despite the relatively mediocre performance of most teams compared to their district counterparts.
Start Your Review of Air Academy High School
Air Academy is filled with challenging Academics and teachers. You continue to learn how to build a community and set your self up for a successful future. As a school we have great spirit. We attend almost every sports game. We have gone through challenges; through the loss of people but our community was strong and has become a family.
Air Academy strives to ensure that all student are college-ready and can learn in an environment conducive to learning. Most of the teachers and faculty are caring and helpful, and Air Academy strives to provide all possible opportunities to their students.
Air Academy High School has very strong academic opportunities, sports programs, band, and good teachers. They recently opened a Kadet Koffee bar run by the business students, which is a fun way for students to get coffee and other drinks in the morning while serving as a service opportunity and business experience.