AHST High School Reviews

My high school experience at AHST High School was spectacular. The teachers were overall great, but there were a few who could brush up on teaching styles. It always felt like they were there to actually help, though, which I loved. Beyond academics, students had a number of options to get involved. I took full advantage and became active in a variety of activities from sports to student government to speech. The people and the school itself made for an amazing high school experience for me.
I like going to the school because the teachers were very nice and what needs to change is the food. I really did not like the food that's there besides the pizza.
I loved the small classes and the teachers were excellent at their jobs! Each of them were so nice and cared about getting everyone to understand the course! The other faculty were amazing as well and the principle is outstandingly amazing at her job. AHSTW is where it's at!
Start Your Review of AHST High School
AHSTW High School is a tight knit community that has been through a lot together. The teachers care about the students and their education.
Athletics get more money than the arts. Not fair.
I've made great connections and experiences.
Every teacher here at school knows their material.
I love high school here. I have made great friends and had tons of positive experiences. While attending high school, I've been given the opportunity to go above and beyond, not only in the classroom, but also in extracurricular activities. Teachers and coaches give positive encouragement each day, and I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such a caring community.
Some teacher let things happen in the class that shouldn't happen and it is very hard to learn in an environment like that.
As for the nurse, she's one of the nicest faculty members I know. Seriously.
The food is alright but it could be so much better.
I think that when a student messes up or does something they shouldn't have, they need to be taught. In my opinion our school does a dandy job of it.
Our school has a very good athletic program for being as small as we are. I wish that sports, such as tennis, were available, but being that I live in small town Iowa, we don't have a tennis team.
To be honest, there is only one teacher who I DESPISE, and that is only because she tried to invest herself in my personal life. In my opinion it was HIGHLY unprofessional and I haven't taken a single one of her classes since that situation. It's not like I wouldn't enjoy the classes she teaches, I just wouldn't enjoy her. Honestly I feel a little deprived of that learning experience because of her.
I really love going to school, believe me I do, but it seems to me that our administration doesn't get involved enough in students lives. I'm saying to go ahead and demand what their home life is like just because they have one bad grade. I'm just saying that if a child is struggling in school and they need help, it should be in the teacher's job description to help said child.
There are good resources to the students that choose to utilize them.
There is a lot of overlapping between social groups in the school, but there are still some cases of kids that get left out.
Start Your Review of AHST High School
we are very supportive of sports teams at our school and raise money to fix up the facilities that are not currently up to par. The football field, track, softball, and baseball field are new and are in great conditions. They were a hige project that out community is very proud of and utilizes greatly.
Most of the teachers are very caring and passionate about their career.
Many of the core subjects have great teachers that prepare students well for college.