AHST High School is an above average, public school located in Avoca, IA. It has 315 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
AHST High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A25 Students
- A19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
- B6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like AHST High School
- B+Elk Horn-Kimballton High School
- Elk Horn-Kimballton Community School District, IA
- 25 reviews
- B-Riverside Community High School
- Riverside Community School District, IA
- 17 reviews
- B-Tri-Center High School
- Tri-Center Community School District, IA
- 28 reviews
- B+Harlan High School
- Harlan Community School District, IA
- 99 reviews
AHST High School Reviews
Had fun, learned lots, and enjoyed it. Great facilitates and community support, solid academics, sports, and club to get involved in. Most teachers genuinely care
My high school experience at AHST High School was spectacular. The teachers were overall great, but there were a few who could brush up on teaching styles. It always felt like they were there to actually help, though, which I loved. Beyond academics, students had a number of options to get involved. I took full advantage and became active in a variety of activities from sports to student government to speech. The people and the school itself made for an amazing high school experience for me.
I like the small community and how we all come together and know one another. Everybody is friends with each other and no one is ever left out. We are close with all of our teachers and they are always helpful. I would always recommend AHSTW. There is no where else I would rather go. I always feel safe and they make sure we are with all of their new safety equipment and safety procedures.