AGWSR High School
- ACKLEY, IA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
AGWSR High School is an above average, public school located in ACKLEY, IA. It has 165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
AGWSR High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+29 Students
- grade A27 Students
- grade A26 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade B11 Students
- grade B minus10 Students
- grade B minus7 Students
- grade unavailable6 Students
- grade B minus3 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near AGWSR High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,956 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like AGWSR High School
- grade C+South Hardin High School
- Eldora-New Providence Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 23 reviews
- grade BAplington Parkersburg High School
- Aplington-Parkersburg Community School District, IA
- Rating 4.15 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade B minusIowa Falls-Alden High School
- Iowa Falls Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade B minusHampton-Dumont High School
- Hampton-Dumont Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 74 reviews
AGWSR High School Reviews
Rating 3.95 out of 5 22 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved how close-knit everyone was. All the teachers are always there to help whenever you need it, even if it's a matter in your personal life. They set you up for success in college. They prepare you well, and they also know how to have fun (such as sports). Teachers were also involved in the extra-curricular activities which made it even more fun!
I have attended the AGWSR School District since I was in preschool. I have greatly enjoyed attending, as I really enjoy the small school atmosphere. I like knowing all of my classmates, as well as my teachers, on more than an academic level. I have participated in quite a bit of activities throughout my high school career, such as: Basketball, Golf, Speech, FFA, FCCLA, Academic Decathlon, Plays/Musicals, and Student Council. I think that if I went to a larger school, I wouldn't have the opportunities to participate in all of these activities. I also feel like AGWSR has prepared me for college, as I have had the opportunity to take numerous college classes. AGWSR has had a great impact on me, and I will miss this small, safe, fun, school district.
At my old school, by 5th grade I hated my life. I believed the bullying that they had tormented me with for years. When I moved to AGWSR, I expected the same thing, however, I received a very different greeting. People here are nice, even though other schools think we aren't. They just don't get that we are like brothers and sisters here. Most everyone knows each other and their entire immediate family, we know birthdays, who they are dating, and we care about these things, too. Of course, we get into some arguments with each other, especially my friends and I being as hot-headed as we are, but overall, the school gets along well with each other.