Agua Fria High School Reviews

In my 4 years at Agua Fria High School, I fully believe that this school is excellent. As a band member, student body member, and student athlete, I have been able to see the continued growth of student life. The school focuses on preparing its students to be college and career ready. The majority of teachers are passionate about their subject or making a change in their student's lives and leave a positive effect on the student body. I can honestly say that Agua Fria High School is trying to provide the highest quality of education and resources possible despite its lack of resource. I would like to see the resources of the school such as paper to never have to be a problem for its teachers and students. I want the school to be able to fund its clubs and sports in order to push them to the highest level of excellence. By doing this, I believe the school can produce the best quality student that will one day change society.
Agua fría high school is a great school for academics, sports, and clubs. On the other hand, there is almost no school spirit especially since the new principal lowered the limit of spirit weeks and pep assemblies to 2 a year. Also, girls are over-sexualised as there are new dress codes where male teachers would call out girls who aren’t dressed “properly”, making them uncomfortable.
My experience at Agua Fria has been great, everyone is always doing something and are involved. But overall their characters are the best with positive attitudes and very into any holiday.
Start Your Review of Agua Fria High School
I have been at Agua Fria all four years. The academics are great and challenging. The counselors are amazing in making sure that students are prepared for college, as they pay for all juniors to take the ACT and/or SAT tests in the spring. Our school culture is strong and revolves around all levels of sports. Administration is the only aspect that needs improving, as they are too strict and make things less enjoyable.
What I love about my school is the devoted staff and teachers I have been fortunate enough to have been educated under. My counselors have provided my class all of the tools and support we need to be successful through thongs such as text reminders, emails, newsletters, field trips, etc. All of my teachers are incredibly kind and ecstatic about the work they get to do. Very happy I go there!
Here at Agua Fria High School, teachers strive to see their students achieve excellence. They're always willing to stay after class, or school, to tutor and answer questions us students may have. The teachers and staff here tend to be very friendly, and very active in their students' education.
Agua Fria High School is a great place for academics. The teachers there are amazing and they can become great allies to students. The community in Agua Fria is like no other, friendships can be found in every corner. I guarantee anyone can find a group of friends at Agua Fria in a week, if they truly try.
My experience as Agua Fria has been excellent. i transferred from California and started my sophomore year of high school at Agua Fria and i absolutely loved it, it is such a good school and i definitely learned a lot about high school and college. Agua Fria is preparing me very well for college.
Agua Fria has a beautiful campus for being in a desert and some amazing teachers. Most, if not all, of my problems with the school stem from the athletic director's assistant (I think) and students.
My experience at Agua Fria has been one that has really helped me grow as a person. The teachers I was so lucky to have been placed with, especially the AP and Honors Teachers, are ones that really do care about their students and want them all to succeed. Agua Fria occasionally has colleges over to talk to students about attending their college and we also have a career center that offers help to students who are applying for college, FAFSA and scholarships. This is very helpful, to me at least. I always wanted to attend college and I did not know how, but this school makes it so every student has a resource for help and guidance.
Agua Fria High School is an excellent school. From the clubs to sports to the classroom it is one of the most diverse, compassionate schools out there. It is also rated A+. The teachers, administration and counselors all care about the success and college readiness of their students. As a senior at Agua Fria, I believe no other school could have prepared me well enough for college and my future. Teachers go out of their way to stay after school as late at their student need to ensure they fully understand everything. More and more students are signing up for Advance Placement classes every year as well. Everything aspect of Agua Fria High School is exceptional.
My experience at Agua Fria High School has been good for the last 2 years I've been here. I love that the teachers are so involved in helping the students and making them better educated and that the counselors want to help us better or future and ourselves. Something I would like to change at Agua Fria is nothing I like the school just the way it is and there is nothing I would change.
This school is great; it has amazing teachers,students and staff. I never had a problem with this school, it does a great job on academics and that honestly all you need. Once a school has great academics you would want to go because you want to be college and career ready
Some teachers are great but some teachers aren't. They have great resources for college if you are motivated enough to use them. I'm the Graduating class of 2018 and currently, none of our sports programs have won state in the past decade. Academically they don't have IB programs but still manages through with a plenty of options for AP classes.
Its a really good school! The teachers are amazing, the counselors are out of this world and the school really tries to push for college readiness! However, the school is over 60 years old and it kind of is frustrating when you don't have very good infrastructure.
I think Agua Fria is an amazing school that allows students to express themselves in a safe environment. The teachers are extremely supportive of the students, and they help them in any way that they can.
My current experience at AFHS is amazing because it has a very diverse campus, not only in the student body but also in the opportunities offered to the students.
Start Your Review of Agua Fria High School
What I love about Agua Fria is that the teachers/ facility make it where you feel very college ready and for anything else your education has to offer in the future
Agua Fria is a loud crazy high school. You do get teachers who are absolutely amazing, who try to help you as much as they can as long as you meet them half way. But it is a revolving door of those teachers, Agua Fria does not have stable or enough long term teachers and that is one thing I want to see change.
Agua Fria High School has one of the most diverse student body I have seen in comparison to the other schools in the AFUHSD. In addition, the staff is extremly kind and helpful. They are always ready to help students in whatever their needs are. I can only speak for myself but, my experience here has been great so far and has given me a lot of wonderful memories throughout.