Agoura High School Reviews

Agoura was just an overall enjoyable environment. I learned so many great things form my peers and teachers. They all prepared me extremely well for my future!!!
When I attended this high school there were not any programs offered preparing students for their future in college. There should be a mandatory college advisory class for students from junior year through senior year. Preparing them for resumes, cover letters, outside programs & opportunities, college tours, scholarship programs, as well as involving parents throughout the process.
The science department is really good is you do the honors classes. The English program, language program, and math program are very average. The high level history classes are excellent. The IB program is also pretty good.
Review Agoura High School
Lots of ways to customize your education (electives and extracurriculars) and prepare for college. Still, inferior athletic and AP/ IP program to surrounding public schools. Far more helpful for students on the Honors track, than not.
Fine experience. Many student were rude privileged kids who only cared about what plans they had for the weekend but others were very involved in the community and the school.
Being a student at Agoura High School has been an unreal experience. So far, these past four years have been the best of my life. I love how passionate and understanding the teachers are to students and the unity of the school. Staff members and students are always trying to get every student involved in school related activities and events. Sporting events have always been my favorite, as well as pep rallies. After attending Agoura High School I feel like I am prepared to start my journey into college and I am confident that I will be academically successful.
Solid academics, most teachers care about students and do their job well. However some classes could be better related to real world.
Agoura High School is a very good school with caring and excellent teachers. The atmosphere at Agoura is very relaxed and that work is just expected to be done. I would go back another 4 years all over again. I am going to the University of Hawaii and wouldn't have gotten there without the help of my teachers and counselors.
Agoura was a school that taught me a lot about myself and life. It was a place where I was able to expand my knowledge and grow, with the assistance of those who supported me, such as teachers and my family. No where nor no body is perfect, but it was the imperfection that helped me find the beauty in what it means to be me.
I personally had a great experience at AHS. I loved all my teachers and had no issues with the school while attending. As a student, I felt heard, respected, understood, and most importantly safe. The extracurricular are inviting and the events that are held are fun. My sophomore year I participated in Agoura's annual lip-sync competition with a group of friends and ended up winning 3rd place. That is still one of the highlights of my experience there. The courses are interesting, yet rigorous enough where I feel completely prepared for college. I was a part of the Girls Soccer program all four years and can say first hand how well the athletics are. Overall, I wouldn't have wanted to attend any other high school.
Though it consists of subpar teachers who don't seem particularly enthusiastic to be at their jobs, agoura high is in a pretty safe location and some of the sports teams are pretty good.
I loved my experience at Agoura High! The teachers were always so supportive of my academics and athletics. I made friends there that I am sure will last a lifetime. Of course, college put some distance in our friendships but we always make the time to continue our unique bond.
Agoura High school was amazing, definitely the best 4 years of my life (before college.) Staff is great and definitely cares about the well-being of their students. Great campus and location.
The academics are outstanding, and most of the teachers are effective and fun to learn from. The AP program is rigorous and ameliorating; a few faults, but otherwise a great school.
Really great school with wonderful academics, and sports programs. Support is offered in the mornings if you have any questions or need help in your classes. Offers many AP, IB, and honors classes. Many electives like Comic Drawing, Ceramics, Fashion Design, Cooking, Business, Programming. Languages offered: Spanish, French and Chinese. Sports are really good at Agoura- Basketball, Volleyball, Golf. Best team is the Water Polo Teams for boys and girls.
Was a part of the IB program at Agoura. Very nice faculty and close community. it has a pretty open student body that does its best to make sure everyone is involved.
Overall, my school is very good at providing the necessary means to prepare myself for college. In addition to that, the atmosphere is very welcoming and does not feel institutional or impersonal. Staff wants to see the students succeed, and do what they love at the same time. Support like that in a high school is what makes secondary education a good experience, if a little demanding at times.
Review Agoura High School
Agoura High School has great programs, the teachers are not the best but there are a few decent ones. Agoura High lacks diversity, and does not have a great dance program. Although, if you are interested in sports it is the perfect place for that.
Agoura High School is a well-rounded high school full of opportunity for young adults. There is a wide offering of AP courses that prepare students properly for a rigorous college environment.
I loved attending Agoura High School, but I am also glad that I graduated. High school was a safe place for me, but also a bit demoralizing. There were situations regarding inappropriate behavior with administration, students, and faculty, but overall, it is a very nice high school.