Agoura High School Reviews

I liked how everyone can make their own clubs; even freshmen can make clubs. I also liked the different activities for every grade and together as a school rather than just cliques.
it’s cliqué but that’s high school for ya and most of the people are nice and welcome you with open arms
I'm very, very glad that I went to Agoura High School. Because of the people I met (the students as well as some of the best teachers and mentors in the world), I am proud to be practically a functioning adult. I participated in activities on campus, as well as in the arts program, took AP classes, volunteering, went on a trip to Europe... I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I just wish more students would open their minds to possibilities instead of opening their eyes to textbooks. Opportunities are available however one chooses to "learn", but it is much more worthwhile to take the former route.
Start Your Review of Agoura High School
The teachers and admin work hard to prepare us for college and the outside world. The parents are very involved as well and interact well with the teachers and the administration. The key is that all the students are there for a common goal to do well in school and move on to a good university. The subjects offered are geared for gaining a strong GPA (AP classes and the like) and there are many clubs to help you gain a great idea of activities to be involved with which helps on your resume.
The past four years at Agoura High School were hectic but extremely fulfilling and unique. Overall my academic success came from the motivation a majority of my teachers gave me throughout the years as well as dedication on my part to want to succeed in life. Without the pressures of my peers and teachers I do not believe I would be the same today, but the diverse campus can hinder a few people. Some of the teachers and administrators truly do not care whether or not their students succeed in turn pushing students away from success that they might have wanted to achieve. Although I was lucky enough to find that success academically and through their fantastic music programs, many of my peers could not. The atmosphere of the school is viewed and perceived as wonderful and one of a kind, but just like other great high schools Agoura does has its flaws.
it's a mostly white, upper class school but i was accepted even though I'm mixed race. the kids are pretty progressive and accepting of others. i was interested in the arts and was part of the theater program, which was excellent. there is good student and parent involvement and the campus is very safe. the counselors helped me get through some personal problems and motivated me to apply for college even though i'm not the best academically. I visited some junior colleges and the Agoura High counselors helped me fill out the paperwork for admission as well as apply for federal grants.
I love Agoura High, I have found great friends, everyone is very welcoming, and it is a good district.
Friendly and helpful teachers who are always available to help their students. Also, there is a wide variety of clubs and activities on campus. The students put in a lot of effort to organize events on campus in order to help the students feel involved. Overall a very safe and enriching school to attend.
Agoura is a great environment to be in, and people are more than welcoming. The teachers and staff assist in any way they can, and are generally nice. Although some methods of teaching may not be best fitted from one student to the next. Be very careful with the teachers you are selected for, and make sure you can handle their course load. Some teachers like to make student superstars in the classes they teach, whether it be World History, English, Science, or Math, or any other class. On a different subject, the staff in the attendance office are incredibly rude. Tread with caution.
The PAEC is my favorite part of the entire school, I would live there if I could. They really need to bring back MyStory, I think it’s pretty messed up that it’s banned.
It's a great school. The teacher are awesome, especially the Chinese teachers so I recommend taking Chinese! Also they have great AP classes and they just brought in a new class called Forensics!
I love Agoura High School. It is a unique and active high school with events constantly happening. When I was there, it was easy for me to find people that were warm and welcoming. Also, there’s always so much school pride and student involvement.
Very good atmosphere. Student body is welcoming and friendly. We have many successful student-led events. We have been described as "laid back" which is true in some respects. It's true that we do not have a culture of "strongly encouraging" students to take honor, AP, or other higher level classes. However, that is not to say that academics are a weak point. The vast majority of teachers care about their subjects and care about trying to teach effectively and understandably.
My experience at Agoura High School was amazing. From doing dance, to water polo, to starting my own two clubs. When events are set up, it's usually run by the students, so it gives us the skills of event planning, as well as being able to communicate with others. Everyone, also, supports each other 100%. Another thing that was an amazing experience was the diversity it holds. The school held the first annual "Culture Fair." It was interesting to eat all the different foods, taste the different spices, and learn about the different cultures. And one of my favorite thing that was recently put up was the "Kindness Wall." Students are able to write what makes them happy or simply give another person a compliment. Ever since Freshman year, Agoura High has really stepped up their game in making everyone feel welcomed, and they will continue to do so. I wouldn't change anything that AHS has done.
I liked that it had many opportunities for students to become involved in clubs and activities. It gave a variety of different students different options as to what school activities one would want to get into. I would love to see more of this from Agoura High School. During the time I was there I saw many opportunities made for the education of the student body and I would like to see more of it in the future.
Agoura High School is a great school that prepares you for your future adventures. Although there's some things that aren't the greatest, overall I'm very lucky to go to a safe school.
Agoura High is a very loving and accepting school filled with charitable and kind people. There are many activities for all students to participate in, therefore making everyone feel included. The staff are some of the nicest I have met, and they truly care about the students that attend AHS. Although there is a lot of hard work, it all pays off when needing to be prepared for college. It is honestly an overall amazing school.
Start Your Review of Agoura High School
Agoura High School was a safe, beautiful, and expressive place to be educated in. The instructors care about your education, and are willing to work through issues to improve your grade. I mostly went for their theater program and found it was accepting as well as perfect for preparing for college. The campus itself is very open and clean. Overall, I would highly recommend this school to anyone.
Agoura high school truly helped me become a great working individual and helped me learn in the best ways possible. They also push their students to become invoked in school activities and events as well. I really enjoyed my experience with this high school and I would recommend all kids go to this school.
Academically, it was great. However I had a really hard time socially. People have not been very welcoming or inclusive.