Agawam High School Reviews

Agawam High School provides a generally well rounded educational experience to its students and offers an abundance of student-centered clubs and extra curriculars. This school also provides its attendees with multiple opportunities for leadership and student-to-student cooperation through organizations such as Peer Tutoring, the Gender Sexuality Alliance, and Student Government. While facilities and materials provided by the school may be outdated, Agawam High allows students numerous outlets to experience major modern cities and higher status exhibitions.
Agawam High was small enough that you were given adequate attention from the teachers but big enough that there were groups to fit all personalities. There were plenty of activities, groups, clubs and sports to accommodate all interests.
Teachers are very demanding and many are rude. The school runs on athletics and pushes arts and technology "to the back burner", yet studies show arts and technology are better for us then sports. The roof leaks in multiple classrooms and the cafeteria. The air system blows hot air in the summer and cold air in the winter. The clubs are good and there are a lot too. Overall its a interesting and not very diverses school.
Review Agawam High School
I love the joyous and ever loyal school of Agawam High. It's located in a small town, where everyone pretty much knows everyone, and if your parents grew up here too, you're well known. We're huge on our sports, and the team pride is insane. The teachers are all really trustworthy, and there is always somebody to talk too. Academically, I say our school is pretty smart. AP and honor classes are encouraged, and once they're taken, someone is always there to help when you get stuck. The amount of diverse clubs we offer is wonderful, and it makes the school welcome for everyone. AHS isn't my high school, it's my second home.
The only problem I've had is the bathrooms. Love the teachers, sports, clubs, and administration. The environment is overall welcoming and accepting and you can always find people who go along with what you're interested in.
It was a very good school, the teachers are great. If I had to pick a negative I'd say it'd have to be the school lunches.
Overall, I felt that the Agawam High School was a very safe and comfortable environment with supportive and caring teachers. The teachers were incredibly patient, considering the students clear stress and rude character which they express due to their pressure.
The majority of teachers are great and will become great friends to you. Administration is not very good and tends to target certain people.
I enjoyed my experience at Agawam High School. They offer tons of clubs and sports that you think you fit into. I personally took a lot from the internship program offered in the career center. One of the teachers there organized in school and out of school based internships. I interned for a radio station outside of school for around twelve hours a week, and I learned so much from it. Agawam High School provided outside sources so I could learn more outside of school. I met a lot of teachers that taught me academics and life skills that I'll keep with me forever.
Agawam High School had many intelligent teachers who were always willing to spend their time helping students.
scheduling process is fairly easy. most classes you want are what you get. Some classes you have a lot more work then others. popular classes include environmental science, career exploration, leadership, and sociology
School is filled with different cliques. A lot of kids have a hard time being accepted for who they are. peer pressure at this school is strong when it comes to sex, alcohol, and drugs especially.
sports teams are very good. many clubs to choose from. administration is fair.
The teachers at this school are great if you plan to do nothing in most classes. Most teachers at Agawam High don't give much work and some don't give any at all. You do the bare minimum in classes and you'll walk away with a decent grade. Biggest concern I had was teaching styles. Most teachers will not adjust teaching styles if information being provided is not understood by some students. Communication is weak between teachers and students. Guidance counselor's are very unhelpful which caused a lot of stress at the beginning of my senior year while trying to figure out college and what not. At Agawam High, teachers and students have a communication device we use to keep updated on most assignments, grades, and upcoming events. Most teachers are pretty good with the system, but some get lazy with updating grades.
The safety and health are good at my school but not perfect.
The clubs and extracurricular actvites have a wide variety of options to chose from for different types of interests.
This school is a good learning environment where i can always feel comfortable and safe.
Review Agawam High School
Most teachers are engaging and willing to help students, while some are difficult to seek help from and unnaproachable.
There are a bunch of clubs for different careers and types of people. There are art clubs, medical career clubs, student government, writing clubs, LGBT clubs, etc. Student Government is very popular
Our school has a lot of school spirit. Everyone is typically friendly. Our pep rally and sports games are popular, and the school does a good job of making drama plays and student's artwork appreciated and well known.