Agawam High School is a public school located in Agawam, MA. It has 1,249 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A134 Students
- B-91 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+48 Students
- B45 Students
- B-40 Students
- B38 Students
- A+38 Students
- C+37 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Agawam High School
- B-Granby Junior/Senior High School
- Granby Public Schools, MA
- 35 reviews
- BEllington High School
- Ellington Public Schools, CT
- 100 reviews
- B+East Granby High School
- East Granby School District, CT
- 91 reviews
- BSomers High School
- Somers School District, CT
- 87 reviews
Agawam High School Reviews
Agawam High school holds a great sense of pride and school spirit especially when it comes to the day of Pep Rally. The union of everyone together and the spirit and passion that pours out when we chant the school song altogether, and even competitively by grade, is a truly wonderful experience. Overall, I believe that the facilities are decent but not the greatest and the school lunch is pretty rough, although the salad lines are good!
Agawam High School is a slightly above average school, consisting of well-thought professors teaching in...not the best environments. They are by far very knowledgeable about their criteria and most of them do tend to reach out to their students in order to make them understand the content. Although the school climate itself among the students is average at best, seemingly very "clique-y" to say, as well as sort of high tensions. Excellent funding towards the departments, especially with the new field for the sports department, although leaves it sort of unbalanced for the performing and visual arts department. A very "white" school with little diversity.
Agawam High School is a school of spirit. Everyday you see kids repping the school sweatshirts and hoodies and people are proud to wear their uniforms. Overall the kids are kind and accepting and the teachers make it their goal to make students feel included and safe everyday. Although sometimes resources are limited and there are issues with facilities and building maintenance, Agawam High is a school where students can expand their knowledge and prepare for the future.