Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A101 Students
- B-76 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+42 Students
- B37 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+30 Students
- B28 Students
- B28 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Agawam High School
- B-Granby Junior/Senior High School
- Granby Public Schools, MA
- 33 reviews
- BEllington High School
- Ellington School District, CT
- 92 reviews
- B+East Granby High School
- East Granby School District, CT
- 87 reviews
- BSomers High School
- Somers School District, CT
- 83 reviews
Agawam High School Reviews
Review Agawam High School
Agawam High School provides a generally well rounded educational experience to its students and offers an abundance of student-centered clubs and extra curriculars. This school also provides its attendees with multiple opportunities for leadership and student-to-student cooperation through organizations such as Peer Tutoring, the Gender Sexuality Alliance, and Student Government. While facilities and materials provided by the school may be outdated, Agawam High allows students numerous outlets to experience major modern cities and higher status exhibitions.
I love the joyous and ever loyal school of Agawam High. It's located in a small town, where everyone pretty much knows everyone, and if your parents grew up here too, you're well known. We're huge on our sports, and the team pride is insane. The teachers are all really trustworthy, and there is always somebody to talk too. Academically, I say our school is pretty smart. AP and honor classes are encouraged, and once they're taken, someone is always there to help when you get stuck. The amount of diverse clubs we offer is wonderful, and it makes the school welcome for everyone. AHS isn't my high school, it's my second home.
The teachers at this school are great if you plan to do nothing in most classes. Most teachers at Agawam High don't give much work and some don't give any at all. You do the bare minimum in classes and you'll walk away with a decent grade. Biggest concern I had was teaching styles. Most teachers will not adjust teaching styles if information being provided is not understood by some students. Communication is weak between teachers and students. Guidance counselor's are very unhelpful which caused a lot of stress at the beginning of my senior year while trying to figure out college and what not. At Agawam High, teachers and students have a communication device we use to keep updated on most assignments, grades, and upcoming events. Most teachers are pretty good with the system, but some get lazy with updating grades.