A.G. West Black Hills High School is an above average, public school located in Tumwater, WA. It has 873 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
A.G. West Black Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+115 Students
- B+102 Students
- A89 Students
- B-60 Students
- B-59 Students
- B-44 Students
- A-44 Students
- B+38 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
A.G. West Black Hills High School Reviews
Black Hills High School has spectacular staff and faculty. The teachers are very welcoming, and adjust to the needs of every student. When problems arise, Black Hills staff address these problems with individual students, or as a whole school to insure the safety and comfort of all students. Black Hills equally supports and encourages all sports, clubs, cultures, and arts. In addition, Black Hills is very motivated academically. Black Hills strives to unite all of its students, and I am lucky to be a part of the BHHS Wolfpack.
Black hills highschool is an amazing community of well behaved students and staff. It is a place you can feel safe, and are encouraged to step out of your comfort zones everyday. You are helped from admistration and your teachers. The classes and sports offered are very diverse and give students the ability to expand in different things that they want to try. The students are very nice and are very respectful to staff and student body. The overall environment here is wonderful.
Black Hills was is an inclusive school that brings everyone together. Everyones positive attitudes towards each other makes the school feel like home. And can’t forget about the teachers that love their job and only want the best for you and do everythkng in their power to help you succeed. There’s is no better school than Black Hills High School!