Affton High School Reviews

What I liked about this school is the clubs: HOSA, student council. You can be very involved in national clubs. Another thing is the free Chromebooks that every student is provided that we get to take home and bring to school for the whole school year. This expands our way of learning and what we learn. What this school lacks in is diversity.
I like the fun activities they have such as sports night. The competition between the classes is a great way to have fun and bond with others in your grade. There are many fantastic teachers at Affton who are truly dedicated to their students. The fundraisers they have put together to raise money for a teacher who's son has cancer is really amazing and it brings the community closer in the process. One thing I wish was different is the amount of spirit the school has as a whole. Every sports team should be appreciated and recognized more than they are.
I had good teachers for my core curriculum classes. The drama department is great. But the administration did very little to curb the bullying that went on.
Review Affton High School
Affton High School is in a good district with very involved staff and students. The staff look for their students to succeed and give many different opportunities for success inside the classroom. Administration could be more involved with students and have better communication with parents, students, and staff.
Wonderful atmosphere and hard working faculty and staff. Many available classes to take and feel secure in receiving a good education.
There are tons of clubs and sports for everyone at the school to enjoy. All the clubs are excepting of anyone who wants to join, most of them are free but sometimes require money to buy shirts or other items.
overall Affton has very good academics for a public school and has great principles and teachers. Most students are hard workers and attend school daily, but about 30-40% of the student body has very poor attendance and the school is pretty good about getting that rate lower. There is a lot of clubs and sports to join as well.
Most teachers are ingaged and willing to help student both in and outside the classroom. A few teachers don't put much effort into their teaching skills and make learning more difficult than it should be.
I love and respect my Affton High School Teachers! All of them are rich with knowledge and always try to give this to their students. They not only help and educate their students in class, but also outside of class, like before or after school. They are always available through email, and whenever we need help or have questions we know that we will get response if we just email them, even if it's during the weekends or breaks. I love how our teachers talk and bring in lessons about their life and little everyday "soap-boxes" to make sure we are not only educated, but also have knowledge that will help us to find our place in life. I am so grateful to have my teachers and to be part of Affton High School.
there is a club for everything
teachers seem to get to know all the kids,it's a close knit feeling
We have a unique amount and type of academic classes that most schools don't offer.
We have a diverse amount of clubs such as varsity sports, key club, fca, etc. There is definitely a club for everyone in our school.
I love how committed the staff is. I definitely want my future children to go to this school because I love it so much.
The teaches try their best to try and engage the student in a variety of school activities and student activities. I feel safe when I'm around them because I know they put me before themselves.
They choose amazing teachers, coaches, and even rehabilitation coaches. I messed over my hips and the coaches understood, helped come up with a rehab plan and we worked together. Many times we were ranked high in our sports since we had such amazing coaches. Now if you didn't do sports there really wasn't any extra activities after school that were funded, encouraged, or even supported.
The parents at this school worked very hard to make it a great atmosphere but were shot down by the principle. I believe the love of the parents, the unique traditions, and the strong bond of the classmates from k-12th were outstanding. But i also believe the principle would work her hardest to hang things in her favor, get rid of tradition. This woman also would pick favorites and never truly allow anyone to shine. She even fired many positive and helpful workers from the school to bring in her favorite little buddies she used to work with from other schools with her. Without this principle i would definitely come to this school all over again.
Review Affton High School
The teachers at this high school were ok. The reason I give this rating is because the principle would not allow them to work to there full potential. She made the environment toxic and intolerable for many teachers there. If she would't have been around I believe the teacher rating would be the best, since they would've been surprised no longer.
I is a good school they have a very good staff and they are willing to help all students they are main about their attendance it is a big thing and they strive to have good attendance and encourage students to come
I really enjoy attending Affton High School. I went to a larger school up until 8th grade and I would never go back. I wouldn't change a thing about the school and when I decide to have kids they will go here also.