Aerospace/Hydrospace Engineering & Physical Sciences at the Fairchild Wheeler Campus is a public, magnet school located in Bridgeport, CT. It has 356 students in grades 9-11 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 24.5% of students are at least proficient in math and 34.5% in reading.
Aerospace/Hydrospace Engineering & Physical Sciences at the Fairchild Wheeler Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-52 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+19 Students
- B19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Aerospace/Hydrospace Engineering & Physical Sciences at the Fairchild Wheeler Campus
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Aerospace/Hydrospace Engineering & Physical Sciences at the Fairchild Wheeler Campus
- C-Quinnipiac Real World Magnet Math STEM School
- New Haven School District, CT
- C-West Rock Author's Academy
- New Haven School District, CT
- PK, K-4
- C+Jefferson Magnet School
- Norwalk School District, CT
- B-Stratford Academy - Johnson House
- Stratford School District, CT
- PK, 3-6
- 2 reviews
Aerospace/Hydrospace Engineering & Physical Sciences at the Fairchild Wheeler Campus Reviews
At Fairchild Wheeler I was given the opportunity to not only grow as a student but a person, the school itself is extremely clean and the teachers are reasonable with due dates and understanding of students struggles as well as they strive to build deeper relationships with students it truly makes for a great learning atmosphere. While the school is very good there and I have no major complaints after going there for a few years the few things that can be fixed are the long lines and the lack of opportunity for physical exercise, there are no sports teams and physical education is only offered in Junior year. Overall I would rate Fairchild Wheeler a very good experience.
At this school I loved my experience for the change from freshman year to sophomore year it was amazing everything that I expected from freshman year still continued on to sophomore year. The education here is amazing and the teachers love teaching unlike some schools I’ve heard from. The students here are respectful and are well under control. Every student here are pushed to there limits and beyond. This school expects students to think of innovated ideas and projects so they can test how brilliant/artistic they are. But overall this school brought me in and made me part of a new family without this school I won’t be the same. You would love this school and I would recommend apply to this exceptional high school.
My school is so unique in so many ways like the fact that it is a bran new school that opened when I entered the 9th grade, but the one thing that stands out the most is probably the technology we are using. Students in all grade levels can use equipment such as 3D printers, air tunnels, electron microscopes, 3D holographic technology, green screens, and even robots. Also, the fact that the school has early college experience provides students with classes that are offered normally at universities like the University of Connecticut, Sacred Heart University, Universitiy of Bridgeport, and much more. These classes allow students to get college credit before they even go to a college. With that said my school is just about education in fact my favorite moment at school was when we have sport tournament when students get to mop the floor with the teachers. With that all said I wouldn't want to choose any other school besides this one even if I had a chance to do it all over again.