Advanced Math & Science Academy Charter School Reviews

A really great opportunity for students looking for an environment that's easy to learn in. Students can expect to find classes where they are pushed to succeed, with teachers that are passionate about their subjects.
Excellent education that provides classes of many different levels going into college level for students to choose from. While the classes may seem challenging, I can guarantee that they prepare the individual very well for college, especially in the math, science, and writing departments. The student body is extremely diverse and come from different towns. Many teachers are very intelligent and helpful and the school graduates many accomplished students both in and out of the classroom.

The administration had been rocky in my time as a student but since hearing from other students and staff and visiting the school again, it is in perfect care under Dr. Lewis. Things will only go up from now
AMSA is very driven in their math and science programs, but also very good in their humanities programs as well. AMSA's high school program is rated second in the state.
Review Advanced Math & Science Academy Charter School
it gud. very gud. i like. gud learn. gud teach. gud math. gud science. gud ela. need better comp sci.
AMSA was a wonderful school with many hardworking, diligent and passionate teachers who really pushed their students to improve and grow academically. When I went to college, I didn't feel overwhelmed or unprepared at all
The Advanced Math and Science Academy provides a great education. Unfortunately, with flaws and an ever-changing administration, AMSA lacks in guidance for their students.
It has many issues within the admin and teachers that needs to be fixed. Admin is constantly changing. The uniform policy has never been the same each year, and it is hard to keep up with it. Some teachers enforce the uniform while others don't care. There is also many teachers here that are not qualified for the class they are teaching.
Despite being one of the top schools in Massachusetts Constantly changing administrations and teachers. This effected the students and their school work negatively.
AMSA charter is one of the top schools in the country but has many flaws to its name. Administration lacks respect and is very unqualified for their positions
Overall it used to be very good. Academics were the focus and teachers were always more devoted to the growth of their students rather than their paycheck or time off. Recently the administration has changed many times though, and with that many teachers have been cycled through. The school now lacks the excellent teaching staff it once have but still carries on its legacy through the highly motivated students.
As a student who has attended the Advanced Math and Science Academy Charter School since the 6th grade, I was able to watch myself grow as a person here. Although class sizes and the campus are smaller than those of a typical high school, my experience at AMSA made me feel at home. Although I only lived in Massachusetts for a month after moving from California, I was able to quickly connect to my school's welcoming environment.
The education at AMSA is top notch. The teachers really get the opportunity to connect with all of their students. It is a great place to learn. However, the administration at AMSA has been sub par over the last few years, simply because the majority of it keeps changing yearly, therefore being very hard for them to communicate with the student body.
I have been at the school since 6th grade and I have had a range of experiences at the school. The past year and a half the administration has been oppressive to the student body prioritizing image over the student body and their needs. The school has since gotten a new ED who is making a conscious effort to right some wrongs.
AMSA is primarily a STEM school and as a result the curriculum is designed specifically for students who are interested in such fields. This is not the school for sports and the school has issues with teacher retention.
Overall My school has been a good experience. What really makes this school different from others is the teachers here. The teachers is what make amsa a good school. The teachers like to have fun and joke around but you learn everything you need to know. They all enjoy there jobs and have a great passion for it. Our administration has had a rough time in the past, but now one of the school best teachers has just been appointed the position of Executive Director. I only see the school going up from here when this man is in charge.
As students, we have things that we hate about the school but also things that we truly enjoy. We agree that the organization can sometimes be unbearable, but we believe that it has strongly improved this year than it has been in past years. The sense of community is unmatched by other schools, because of the caring teachers and staff who make the school the great place that it truly is. I believe that I have a net that I can fall back on if I am ever feeling swamped with work, or even life. While there have been multiple issues regarding things such as amounts of homework and communication, we feel as though AMSA is stronger than ever, and will remain to be our home away from home for many years to come. Thank you AMSA for the past seven years, and we hope that it will remain strong as long as it can.
AMSA provides the opportunity for students to challenge themselves and learn as much as possible, which is extremely valuable, however problems with the administration and teachers constantly leaving make the school a little unstable
Review Advanced Math & Science Academy Charter School
The overall experience was a good one. Its course work was intense and invigorating but in the end it will help the most.
AMSA is a great school which is regularly brought down by its administration. Admin prioritizes conformity with the uniform over academics (four uniform infractions means a suspension), and the teacher turnover rate is incredibly high (usually around 20% each year), which means there are very few veteran teachers left. However, the vast majority of the teachers that stay are fantastic, and the class time itself is top-notch.
The school was excellent in providing me a level of education that far surpasses that of my local public school. There are certainly some difficulties, as there is a lot of teach turnover at times and changing administrations, however the school was great overall.