Adrian Wilcox High School Reviews

As a student, Wilcox High continues to have high school spirit levels and is a great school for diversity. Teachers are really caring and supportive. Only wish is for the cafeteria to have better food and to organize the lines to get lunch.
What I like about Adrian Wilcox High School is that it is very academic oriented. There is an entire plethora of challenging courses that any student can take if they have the motivation to learn--Computer Science, Culinary, Jazz Band--and it's all there for the students. The teachers there are excellent and do a good job of teaching and motivating the kids to work harder. However, I would like to see a few more security guards, even though the current ones are doing a good job of keeping the campus safe from any external or internal threats. The student life, from clubs, sports, extracurriculars, and hobbies, are great because again, they are all at the student's disposal to pick and choose their favorites. These various methods are a great way for students to meet new people that will help to broaden the overall perspective of each and every student. Honestly, Adrian Wilcox High School is a good school that really focuses on nurturing the students' in every aspect possible.
I love the amount of school spirit that Wilcox students have. It is especially prominent during spirit weeks or dress up days, but on a day to day basis, it is obvious to see the pride that Chargers have in being Wilcox High students. Student Council and ASB are always trying new and fun ideas for assemblies and Homecoming in order to give students a better experience during their high school years.

Although there are things to be fixed, such as administration preparing for back-to-school schedule lineup changes, overall the staff and admin are very helpful to students, plus the large amount of resources given to students that wish to work during their school years, or simply need to talk to someone and recharge. I think that Wilcox admin are well rounded individuals that in general are always willing to stay a bit after class and make sure that their students are both working and as well as healthy and happy.
Start Your Review of Adrian Wilcox High School
The students and staff are very friendly and you will always find someone to help you. Wilcox also offers many opportunities whether it be sports, clubs, or fieldtrips.
Going to Wilcox has been by far my favorite experience. With the ups and the downs, the school helped me grow as a student and person. The teachers, especially, were so caring and helpful. Some would take time out of their free time to teach me on subjects I did not understand and their feedback was helpful as well. It was such a fun experience going to this high school because the workload taught me a lot as well. Wilcox is such a diverse school because there were clubs and school events that illustrated everyone of different cultures. Not only that, Wilcox had one of the best school spirits!
Two aspects that I truly appreciate about Wilcox High School were the teachers and the showcase for diversity. The teachers at Wilcox High School truly care about your education and about you as a person. For example, there were many times in my Physics class where my physics teacher would stay after school till 7:00 pm to tutor other students that needed help in Physics. And towards the aspect of diversity in Wilcox High School, I felt like the school did a good job at allowing other students to embrace, share, and showcase other peoples' cultures in events such as the yearly Multi-Cultural event.
Wilcox is a relatively average school. Teachers can be hit or miss, with few that can leave a lasting impact and most that are wholly unforgettable. Regarding AP classes, preparation for the test in May usually isn't the best and students might find themselves self-studying a lot. Clubs at school are plentiful but are usually only active at the club fair. Food is decent, but can be inconsistent.
has some good offerings but it really depends if your lucky enough to end up with those teachers, they do not really answer to your specific needs. especially if you are not a heavily involved ASB kid. it also depends on the teacher you get of course because some teachers were very helpful and willing to help but others are very self consumed and do not care as much as others
I like nothing about this school. Some teachers don't care about your education, so their education system is horrible.
Adrian Wilcox High School is a dynamic, ever changing environment. It's filled to the brim with a positively radiant array of students. I am confident when I say that any student could find a place here at Adrian Wilcox High School. The academics here at Wilcox, similarly with any other school, come first. Wilcox offers over twenty Advanced Placement courses, which allow the student to experience a rigorous college environment with the possibility of college credit to be earned. Each teacher, regardless of the difficulty of their course, is willing to make time for each student to help them understand and analyze the material. Some of the faculty, however, will refer you to other sources outside of school instead of answering your questions. Regarding clubs and school activities, there are over forty clubs and innumerable activities in and out of school that students can sign up for, such as Fantastics, a school wide spirit week.
The campus is beautiful, the student organizations are fun, and the school spirit is pretty big. Most of the teachers I had really supported me and cared about my school work. There were a few teachers who I didn’t feel support from, but I pushed through and did my best in class.
Wilcox is a home, its a community of people that respect on another. I have absolutely loved my 4 years at Wilcox. My favorite thing about the school is the diversity. Students of all races and genders are accepted. The teachers are very enthusiastic and seem to love working with a student. Although not all teachers are kind, so yell when a question is asked or some seem dead. It would be great to see the certain teachers respect that not every student is a genius. Another great thing about Wilcox is that the school is very clean.
Wilcox High has a wonderful community. If you're looking for a Fun, Exciting, Diverse, and Challenging environment, this is the place. I'm very proud to be a charger as this is an EXTREMELY diverse school that holds many school wide programs that are very unique to this school, such as the Fantastics and Multi-Cultural weeks. Not only if is full of charger spirit but it is also encourages higher academic achievement. There are many opportunities for student involvement in the many clubs at the school.
This school is very diverse. The staff and faculty are welcoming, and do their best to help the students out at all times.
I like how everyone is nice to each other regardless of skin color, religion, or beliefs. The school's community is very accepting and the administration does it's best to accommodate for everyone's needs.
Overall, Wilcox is a great school to attend where the culture is diverse. The teachers prepare the students very well and are great with spending extra time with students having trouble in different subjects. There are several clubs and sports that students can participate. One thing that should change is the student-faculty ratio which is a little overwhelming.
I like the community at Wilcox, as everyone greets each other with respect and courtesy. The campus continues to develop and evolve for students such as the new parking lot. There’s all kinds of school events that help encourage students to bond and be involved such Multicultural rally and Fantastics. There’s also informational meetings available for students and parents about college or preparing for the year.
Start Your Review of Adrian Wilcox High School
I like how close the campus is to my house and I like the view of the sunrise in the morning. I also like how diverse the school and I loved the culinary classes. I like most of my teachers but not all of them because I feel that they don't really teach, they kind if just read put off the textbooks and that's it.
The one thing that I love about Wilcox is its diversity. Wilcox is an extremely diverse environment, in terms of race to religion to opinions. This is what I have truly loved about the school. I have not encountered any form of bullying or "the negative high school experience" personally nor have I seen it happen. The teachers are caring and want to see you succeed. The food in the cafeteria is not all that great, but that's not a problem for me. There is a wide selection of classes that are available, both regular and Honors/AP.
my experience at Wilcox was an amazing experience! I met various individuals from diverse cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and areas of origin. This school allowed me to build a comprehensive understanding of how diversity does not mean difference. Even though many of my friends came from different places of the world, we had a majority of similarities besides that of food preference and first language. I loved every part of wilcox, the teachers gave me everything I needed to advance my experience in college classrooms.