Adrian High School Reviews

My experience at Adrian High School is great. I am involved in the Key Club, SADD Club, Equations Team, Basketball, Bowling, Track, and Cross Country. The teachers here are nice and willing to help you when needed.
Good school. Great education, but some policies concerning bullying could improve. Good activities and opporunities. Lots of clubs.
Adrian High School is a great school. It taught me a lot of things, not just school about life itself. Adrian is where I met all my friends, teammates, and some cool teachers.
Start Your Review of Adrian High School
Adrian High School isbthe best high school in lenawee county, in my opinion. During my years at AHS, I have been a part of some of the most amazing clubs and organizations including student leadership and Project Unify. I am definately glad to be a part of such a great school
At AHS, there are many different experiences that one can have. Joining sports teams and extracurricular activities can make things a lot easer. There a student organizations and clubs to suit every person, and help students find friends with similar interests. The teachers within the school vary, some are very helpful and concerned while others are there to teach the material.
AHS offers a wide range of classes, students have the ability to force themselves to succeed and to also just glide through. If a student was interested in taking advanced classes such as AP, IB or honors they are offered. Some are more challenging then others. Some teachers offer more help in the advance classes compared to the basic gen. ed classes they teach because they believe this student will be worth the effort and will actually succeed. This scares some students from taking these courses because they fill as if they will be judged if they do poorly in the course even if they are interested in taking the more advanced class. Often you find students just taking all the core classes to pass and have the opportunity to say they have graduated because they may be the first of their family and thats all that matters to them not the difficulty of their class load.
When I was a student we never had issues brought to attend of racial/ethnic diversity or sexual orientation. It was usually based on how you made it know to others. If you were one to bring up such issues for attention people would react poorly but in other situation most were very welcoming. Peer pressure was not as big of an issue because everyone was always doing the same thing due to the fact that we lived in such a small town and there wasn't much else for us to do. These days all has changed! Some are more accepting of things my peers were not and less accepting of the things we were accepting of. Peer pressure is much more of an issue because everyone wants to fit in and be "cool" by doing what their friends are no matter if it be for the good or bad.
All extracurricular opportunities are based on who is in charge of the club student and staff wise. Some are much better then others. Those with administration support usually succeed more then those who are un supported. I'm not very sure that it is easy to start your own club if there isn't something you are interested in already formed. Commitment level again depends on what your club is and who is invested in your beliefs, actions, etc.
After attending college I've heard so many stories of great schools through out Michigan. I realized where I came from was not the worst but it was far from the best experience I could have had. My teachers were not all the best nor did they all push us students to be the best. The events our school hosted were mainly because us students made them happen without backing from faculty and staff. Some events were singly hosted by parents because they wanted their students to experiences things they never got the opportunity to from APS. There are so many things I wish I had not had to experience in my years at AHS and so many more I wish I had experienced. I felt like I was not truly prepared for life at a higher-ed school. I was thrown in with no knowledge of what advanced classes would be like or any true advice from teacher who were supposed to be preparing us for life in college.
The teacher staff ranges from a huge variety. The school recently lost a huge number of teachers and are constantly bringing in new and younger staff. The new teachers try very hard to get students engaged and to learn their specific subject. Not all go above and beyond like others but those that do rarely succeed with the whole class. The students don't always feel completely motivated to work to their full potential because students often feel talked down to by teachers, ignored and sometimes even made fun of. Adrian Public School district tries their hardest to train and prepare their teachers with great teaching styles, knowledge in the students they will be dealing with and technology to reach all students. Some teacher take these opportunities into consideration but others stick with the things they were taught in college, many of which are outdated and no longer reach the students. Fair and consistent grading varies depending on the teacher. Some teachers decide to play favorites because the district doesn't notice, they just brush it off the be students failing because they don't put in the effort which is often the complete opposite.
Adrian High has a lot to offer. They are the only school in our county (Lenawee) to have the IB program available to students.This is a huge plus in my opinion.
Extracurricular opportunities are abundant at AHS. Clubs fill the halls after school during the week with different ideas and goals, all any student has to do is join in. Every club at the school has a adviser who is most likely a teacher and welcomes all different types of students to join!
Over all, Adrian High School has been the place in which I came to for four years due to several reasons, including: sports, performances, grading panels, tests, and out-of-school clubs.This building has so many unique characteristics that make high school interesting and fun for it's students, including the after school events such as football games and dances. Adrian gives it's students the opportunities to thrive with in their four years, it is up to them what exactly they choose to take part in. I would never choose to change anything about my high school experience because it's not only the good memories, but it is the embarrassing moments that made high school so memorable.
Over all, the teaching staff at AHS is well rounded being that it is filled with different minded teachers which allows the students a AHS to become more flexible as they are given a variety of approaches to learning.
There is no real protection against students and minor illegal actions. The security guards ironically become friends with the bad kids and let them on a swing to class
There are many extracurricular stop choose from but most are unheard of or are never announced. The clubs are usually small and don't have many resources
The teachers are helpful in explaining certain topics. They try to help students understand better and give them s chance to make up work that's missing
Start Your Review of Adrian High School
Overall the teachers and school is not bad as it seems, most teachers care and try to help students in order for them to graduate. Most classes are very helpful and interactive with the teacher. Our IB classes are good examples to, where most teachers know what they are teaching students, and preparing for the IB exams.
The sports are pretty good, but there are clubs that need some work. I have been in a few, but I ended up leaving them because of the feeling that they didn't want me around and they didn't appreciate what I was doing to help with the club.
There are certain classes that I could barely get through, but this school is alright. There are many different things you can be involved in like clubs and sports. The teachers do their best to help students and overall, it is a good school to go to.