Adrian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-59 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+41 Students
- B+41 Students
- C-40 Students
- B-38 Students
- B-36 Students
- B+28 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Adrian High School
- B-Sand Creek High School
- Sand Creek Community Schools, MI
- 43 reviews
- BMorenci High School
- Morenci Area Schools, MI
- 29 reviews
- C+Addison Junior/Senior High School
- Addison Community Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- B-Tecumseh High School
- Tecumseh Public Schools, MI
- 133 reviews
Adrian High School Reviews
The teacher staff ranges from a huge variety. The school recently lost a huge number of teachers and are constantly bringing in new and younger staff. The new teachers try very hard to get students engaged and to learn their specific subject. Not all go above and beyond like others but those that do rarely succeed with the whole class. The students don't always feel completely motivated to work to their full potential because students often feel talked down to by teachers, ignored and sometimes even made fun of. Adrian Public School district tries their hardest to train and prepare their teachers with great teaching styles, knowledge in the students they will be dealing with and technology to reach all students. Some teacher take these opportunities into consideration but others stick with the things they were taught in college, many of which are outdated and no longer reach the students. Fair and consistent grading varies depending on the teacher. Some teachers decide to play favorites because the district doesn't notice, they just brush it off the be students failing because they don't put in the effort which is often the complete opposite.
When I was a student we never had issues brought to attend of racial/ethnic diversity or sexual orientation. It was usually based on how you made it know to others. If you were one to bring up such issues for attention people would react poorly but in other situation most were very welcoming. Peer pressure was not as big of an issue because everyone was always doing the same thing due to the fact that we lived in such a small town and there wasn't much else for us to do. These days all has changed! Some are more accepting of things my peers were not and less accepting of the things we were accepting of. Peer pressure is much more of an issue because everyone wants to fit in and be "cool" by doing what their friends are no matter if it be for the good or bad.
Extracurricular opportunities are abundant at AHS. Clubs fill the halls after school during the week with different ideas and goals, all any student has to do is join in. Every club at the school has a adviser who is most likely a teacher and welcomes all different types of students to join!