Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Adrian High School is a public school located in Adrian, MI. It has 798 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Adrian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-86 Students
- A83 Students
- A+83 Students
- B+69 Students
- C+56 Students
- B-55 Students
- C-53 Students
- B48 Students
- B+46 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Adrian High School
- C+Sand Creek High School
- Sand Creek Community Schools, MI
- 53 reviews
- B-Morenci High School
- Morenci Area Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- C+Addison Junior/Senior High School
- Addison Community Schools, MI
- 43 reviews
- B+Tecumseh High School
- Tecumseh Public Schools, MI
- 140 reviews
Adrian High School Reviews
My experience at adrian as a student has been okay. The only complaint I have is for funding, sports get the most money in this school and Many of the teachers have just lost interest in teaching. Everything that is taught just seems to be how to get through highschool the easiest way possible so you can leave and that's it. Its unfortunate I feel some teachers just need motivation or atleast need to be teaching a subject they are interested in because teachers are just thrown around to any subject and it makes in not enjoyable for the student and teacher resulting in poor performance.
I like the diversity. The sports are very competetive. Most teachers are excellent. It is a very big school for our community and the surrounding schools are a fraction of the size with smaller cohorts. If this size is troublesome we have school of choice in the county. Most sports and acedemic recruiters focus on this school because of the size and diversity. The cons of this school are the size. You can get lost in a crowd, meaning if your grades slip it is hard to keep track of. Cuts in sports are a reality. If your not excellent you will warm the bench from middle school on up.
It's honestly not as bad as people make it seem. The drama's been low for a couple years and everyone seems to mind their own business about things. There's a big divide about certain things like teachers and college readiness but overall everything seems consistent in being above average but not super.