Adm. Arthur W. Radford High School Reviews

Radford High School has provided me with several opportunities to learn. These lessons came in a multitude of paths. One of which would be my extracurriculars, in which I’d devoted a vast majority of my time over these past two years. I’d learned that sometimes, it’s important that you say no to an obligation. My first year of high school I found myself pouring all of my energy into a sport, a play, a club, or some other school activity instead of my family or myself. Secondly, I learned to push myself academically. To compete I’d need to take advanced courses and do well in them. The teachers I had been fortunate enough to have over these two years; namely Mrs. Pattison, CPO Belk (USN ret.), Mr. Armstrong, and Mr. Baba, all made a significant influence over my development as a student. I appreciate these men and women who dedicate their lives to help the growth of the future and are forced to deal with little to no financial reward for there efforts.
Listen I'm going to be real honest with you guys. Radford High School has made my high school experience not so fun. I'm a military dependent like you would've guessed as the student body is majority military dependent. I came into the school my sophomore year. I did take AP classes as I wanted to earn a few college credits and the program is okay. It could definitely use some improvement as well as the teachers such as more training so that they understand the material they're teaching better. But anyways before I make this super long like an essay I've been to 10 schools throughout my educational career and I would rate Radford a 4.5/10. If you happen to go to this school in feature remember its ONLY four year and you WILL make it through
My experience was memorable. I had something to remember every year and was able to keep up with previous teachers I had when I moved up to the next grade. There is always something going on at the school. I appreciated the environment I came into freshmen year, it helped for the rest of my high school journey.
Start Your Review of Adm. Arthur W. Radford High School
What I liked about this school was some of the students. They were really nice and easy to get a long with even though their are cliques. The problem with this school I would say would be there is not much to do. If they were to have more events where we can all connect as a school that would be great. If the teachers tried to have a really good connection with the students that would be great too. I would like for the administrators to be more considering and really try to listen to the child as well. I feel as if sometimes they need to really try to understand from the child's point of view as well.
My experience at Admiral Arthur W. Radford High School was great. I have a lot of found memories of my time there and I do not regret any part of the time I spent there.
My family moved to Hawaii my junior year and when we enrolled in school we were shocked. I have never been to a school that has so many fees for things you don't even use i.e. the Springboard textbook. On top of the lack of supplies to provide the students the teaching staff isn't that well. Instead of actually instructing the class they assign busy work and give tests on subjects never taught in class. The sports program at Radford also is terrible. The coaches don't seem to be qualified and don't focus on everyone. You also have to pay a $100 athletic fee that practically covers nothing because you still end up paying for uniforms and other gear. despite paying the fee you still have to fundraise.
I have attended Radford High School for 3 years, and the 3 years that I've attended this school have been great. I've made friends since my first day here. I continue to meet new people to this day. The school also has a great testing system, and payed for my first time taking the ACT. This helped me get into the college of my dreams and I know that it will help me get even further beyond that. With the help of Radford administrators, I know that I'm as prepared for college as I possibly can be. The teachers interact great with the students, and help whenever they can. I am proud to say that I will be graduating from Radford this year.
To be honest, my school could use a lot of work with pretty much everything. I would like to see improvement in teachers showing the willingness to prepare their students for the adult life as well as the fair treatment amongst students.
good school with caring teachers. not as hard as a DOD school. facilties are not great. no AC. very diverse and you will make alot of friends.
The environment at the school was always friendly and everyone carries the Aloha Spirit. I completed my entire freshman year here and I was able to meet many great people and obtain a quality education. School activities such as clubs and after school sports were a must if you want to obtain the full experience. This was an exceptional school and I gain lots of knowledge and a quality education.
I love being able to walk down the halls in between classes and see the diversity within the school's population.
I liked the diversity within the school. I learned a lot from all of my past teachers. There is a lot of school involvement with clubs, activities and college readiness. AVID should be a requirement for seniors in the future.
Radford High School is very diverse. There are a lot of military families that go there, so students come and go. Most of the teachers were nice & always willing to help. I would send my children there.
I love that Radford High School has so much diversity. There are so many different races, beliefs, opinions, and personalities. This is what makes this school special because we all come together despite our contrasting beliefs.
I enjoyed my time at Radford High school. It is a very diverse school, but mostly occupied by Asian students. I have never experienced mental, cyber or physical bullying. Although that may be the result of the school being in Hawaii, where everything and everyone is calm and nice.
The staff at the school have high morale and care very much about the students and their future. If a student is not looking into a post secondary education the teachers and staff are still there to guide them in the right way.
Radford is a school.......................................................................................................................................................
Start Your Review of Adm. Arthur W. Radford High School
Adm. Arthur W. Radford High School is the best high school I have ever attened. I am a senior in high school and as a military kid ,I am always moving schools. I have attened a total of four high schools and Radford has the most diverse cultures, and many actitivites to partipate in. There I joined JROTC which I am currently still apart of, INSPIRE youth club to motivate young christian believers to have faith in our Lord , Rotary Youth Club that helped out in the community,Leadership for sophmore and junior year then I created a Make a Wish Hawaii Fundraiser that raised over $300 for local children with life threatening illnesses. All in all ,Radford High School is the beat high school I have ever attened.
This high school's diversity can rival most college campuses. As with anything, you get what you put into the school. I had a wonderful 3 years and I'm starting my 4th..... Can't wait
I attended Radford High School for 2 years, it was my third High School. Compared to my other two, it was better than one but not as good as another. The school is diverse due to military family's all around the area, friendly environment, good teaching staff for the most part. Biggest thing, the school could use some cosmetic updates.