Adlai Stevenson High School Reviews

I like how the teachers can be real with you and not just play the teacher role. What I believe needs to be improved is the resources that are provided in school. Simple things like just having paper to write on.
I like the school and the environment, but I would like to see better parking arrangements. Often the parking lot is difficult to navigate and causes many students problems in the morning and afternoon. I also wish there was more help when applying to college from all faculty.
While it may be for all schools I feel that standardized testing prevents students from excelling. If you get a low score on a test you don’t have the anility to take the test home to correct and really review what you missed. Not being able to learn from your mistakes prevents a full understanding and may be a big obstacle for being able to move forward. Math is a great example because if you don’t understand the start, how do you build on that.
Start Your Review of Adlai Stevenson High School
I enjoyed my time at Adlai Stevenson High School. I only attended for senior year but during my year I felt very welcomed. The counselor would often meet with me discussing my adjustment to the new school and my plans for after. She really helped me get into college and keep things under control. However, I would like to see more security I remember several instances of stealing and people doing bad things in bathrooms.
Attending Adlai Stevenson High School in Sterling Heights, Michigan was a great experience. I made lots of friends with whom I am moving forward in the next stage of our lives; College.
Good teachers, athletics, overall community. It is your typical high school experience. I graduated in 2016 and am happy I took some of their AP courses as I feel like they did a good job of preparing me for the college curriculum.
The teachers need to be more involved with the students. Old building so many things don't work. No cell service inside.
There are good teachers there to help you and prepare you for college. The AP teachers are willing to help you do your best on the exams.
The school overall provides a great place to learn in a safe environment. there are many electives to chose from. usually every teacher is very friendly and makes the students feel safe but all of them have their favorites. the school provided me with some amazing memories and i will be forever grateful for that.
Stevenson was a great place to learn! The staff and administration there are amazing, the learning environment is positive, and there are a variety of classes.
Stevenson is what you make of it. A lot of class choices so you can decide if you want a tough or lenient schedule. Most teachers are very willing to help and have good relationships with their students. The school is very diverse and you will find a group no matter who you are. Biggest complaint is that the library is not accessible outside of school hours.
The quality of education is pretty high for most classes. Majority of the teachers truly care and are wonderful at their jobs. There’s a few teachers that shouldn’t be teaching, but it’s like that at every school. The rules are generally fair and student life is relatively active.
All staff are very helpful. May different clubs and sports to join, something for everyone. Also so many different after school tutoring and help opportunities to help student succeed.
I joined Stevenson in 10th grade as a transfer student. I was immediately welcomed into the Stevenson community by both students and faculty. I love the student-athlete community at Stevenson and love playing sports for my school. Stevenson has made my high school years so far very enjoyable, which would not have been the case if I would have stayed at my old high school. I highly recommend Stevenson to anyone looking for a great school community.
Stevenson High School is a great place to receive a Diploma from. The teaching staff are great with the students and they put in 120% of effort to teach their students.
The school is under funded and very over crowded. Most of the teachers are so underpaid that they don’t care about their students enough to remember their names. There are a few teachers that genuinely care about their students and their educations, but they’re extremely overworked by the overcrowded classrooms. Students’ safety is threatened by other students and the administration does nothing. The academic “councilors” decide who to help based on personal preference and then academics. If a student is struggling and seeks help, the “councilors” have an attitude that because they are struggling currently that they won’t be able to succeed in the future.
Amazing school! Most of the students who attended lived in the Vineyards, Pond View and Forest View Subdivisions, the students were all very good, everyone made sure to pass all their classes and look good everyday! Majority of the students are Chaldean teens who were born here and/or their parents were born here too and are more established in terms of wealth compared to other minorities, the Chaldeans at this school were very kind and amazing and most live in the Vineyards/Pond view home subdivision area, great diversity, love this school!
Start Your Review of Adlai Stevenson High School
Adlai Stevenson High School has great teachers that are more than willing to assist you in your journey to become the best that you can be and they offer excellent resources that will aid you in getting there. The school is diverse and the administration is very helpful. There are plenty of sports and a rich school culture that is readily available to every and all students if they wish to partake in it.
I really appreciated the diversity within the school and how you did not feel like at any point you were being discriminated against. I would like to see the school itself change by equality within the departments. Like any major school the athletic department is treated better than the arts and I do not feel the is fair to the students.
Attending Stevenson High school over the past 4 years of my life has been a amazing opportunity. I have made countless memories, friends, and learned valuable life lessons. Something I am fond of about my school is the unity of the students and teachers. Sense freshmen year my peers and I have formed a strong bond within in each other. The relationships I find that students share with the staff members goes deeper than a simple "hello" or "how was your day?", they are more personal and genuine. This makes our learning and growing experience way less stressful and more effective because the environment is enjoyable and loving. One thing that I wish could improve although is the use of clubs and activities. With a wide variety of students I feel as if there should be more involvement of all the different voices and what they have to say. This is important because it allows the students to engage themselves into other things than just reading a book or solving a math problem.