Adlai Stevenson High School Reviews

It’s an overall well school, lots of teachers who care about your future success. Overall, I wish there were more ways they would provide college information about scholarships.
I like all the different extracurricular activities and clubs that are offered at Stevenson, but I would like to see more art related classes offered.
I really enjoy how my school gives me a lot of opportunities to become a better me for the future. Stevenson High School really does care for every student and their needs they want each and everyone to graduate and go to a college or university.
Start Your Review of Adlai Stevenson High School
I love the teachers ! The students are great people as well! The academics are a priority at this school which I really enjoy! Our sports teams are amazing too ! I love the different options we can participate in when it comes to extra curricular activities . If I may change something about this school it would be about class sizes . The class sizes are really large and the hallways get really crowded during the change of the bell. Other than this problem, it's a great school to attend too!
I like how the teachers can be real with you and not just play the teacher role. What I believe needs to be improved is the resources that are provided in school. Simple things like just having paper to write on.
I like the school and the environment, but I would like to see better parking arrangements. Often the parking lot is difficult to navigate and causes many students problems in the morning and afternoon. I also wish there was more help when applying to college from all faculty.
While it may be for all schools I feel that standardized testing prevents students from excelling. If you get a low score on a test you don’t have the anility to take the test home to correct and really review what you missed. Not being able to learn from your mistakes prevents a full understanding and may be a big obstacle for being able to move forward. Math is a great example because if you don’t understand the start, how do you build on that.
I enjoyed my time at Adlai Stevenson High School. I only attended for senior year but during my year I felt very welcomed. The counselor would often meet with me discussing my adjustment to the new school and my plans for after. She really helped me get into college and keep things under control. However, I would like to see more security I remember several instances of stealing and people doing bad things in bathrooms.
Attending Adlai Stevenson High School in Sterling Heights, Michigan was a great experience. I made lots of friends with whom I am moving forward in the next stage of our lives; College.
Good teachers, athletics, overall community. It is your typical high school experience. I graduated in 2016 and am happy I took some of their AP courses as I feel like they did a good job of preparing me for the college curriculum.
The teachers need to be more involved with the students. Old building so many things don't work. No cell service inside.
There are good teachers there to help you and prepare you for college. The AP teachers are willing to help you do your best on the exams.
The school overall provides a great place to learn in a safe environment. there are many electives to chose from. usually every teacher is very friendly and makes the students feel safe but all of them have their favorites. the school provided me with some amazing memories and i will be forever grateful for that.
Stevenson was a great place to learn! The staff and administration there are amazing, the learning environment is positive, and there are a variety of classes.
Stevenson is what you make of it. A lot of class choices so you can decide if you want a tough or lenient schedule. Most teachers are very willing to help and have good relationships with their students. The school is very diverse and you will find a group no matter who you are. Biggest complaint is that the library is not accessible outside of school hours.
The quality of education is pretty high for most classes. Majority of the teachers truly care and are wonderful at their jobs. There’s a few teachers that shouldn’t be teaching, but it’s like that at every school. The rules are generally fair and student life is relatively active.
All staff are very helpful. May different clubs and sports to join, something for everyone. Also so many different after school tutoring and help opportunities to help student succeed.
Start Your Review of Adlai Stevenson High School
I joined Stevenson in 10th grade as a transfer student. I was immediately welcomed into the Stevenson community by both students and faculty. I love the student-athlete community at Stevenson and love playing sports for my school. Stevenson has made my high school years so far very enjoyable, which would not have been the case if I would have stayed at my old high school. I highly recommend Stevenson to anyone looking for a great school community.
Stevenson High School is a great place to receive a Diploma from. The teaching staff are great with the students and they put in 120% of effort to teach their students.
The school is under funded and very over crowded. Most of the teachers are so underpaid that they don’t care about their students enough to remember their names. There are a few teachers that genuinely care about their students and their educations, but they’re extremely overworked by the overcrowded classrooms. Students’ safety is threatened by other students and the administration does nothing. The academic “councilors” decide who to help based on personal preference and then academics. If a student is struggling and seeks help, the “councilors” have an attitude that because they are struggling currently that they won’t be able to succeed in the future.