Adlai Stevenson High School Reviews

I like the school because I get to see my friends and learn new things everyday. The classes are awesome because you get to meet new people and see how they like the school. My favorite thing to learn in school is math because it is very important in the future and even though the school is very crowded in the halls you can always meet new people.
Stevenson High School is an enjoyable school. There are many factors that made it as such. The staff at Stevenson High School are overall rather good. There are some teachers, however, that are amazing. These teachers really make the experience, they create a bond with the students. They really care. The environment of the school is very peaceful for the most part. In comparison to other schools in the area, the students get along well. It is quiet, in terms of fighting and trouble, there are rarely any fights. My personal experience with the administration and counseling of Stevenson High School has been exceptional. Anytime I needed an opinion or someone to talk to during school when things were rough I could count on my counselor. On top of that, she was very good at getting the things I needed done very quickly. Overall, my experience with Stevenson High School has been a 'Very Good' one.
My High School is a welcoming community of hands-on students. Our teachers do their best to keep the learning environment fun and fresh. I hope to see this continue in the future, and see the teachers making a stronger effort to connect with the students to help them become the best they can be.
Start Your Review of Adlai Stevenson High School
I really enjoyed learning and opening up to new studies. The teacher were mostly always helpful when it came to success. I love to learn, but in all honestly people are brutal in High School. Hormones are changing and people are beginning to grow up, students either go down the right track or the wrong track.
The teachers I've seen at Stevenson have been the greatest. I was scared for high school once I was getting out of Junior High but it ended up being really okay! There were maps around the school to help you find yourself and most people are okay with helping point you in the right direction. The only thing I've had a problem with at the school are students themselves. The hallways get really cluttered and hard to get through and people are often loud. My friends were always involved in activities like band, but the most afterschool-activity I did was enjoy a calm art club every Tuesday. I would say I've enjoyed being at Stevenson for my high school.
The teachers have good intentions of trying to help children succeed, but they don't do a very good job at it. The students are very nonchalant about their grades and life, for that matter. But the academics, when executed correctly can help further prepare the students for college
Stevenson has some pretty good teachers that teach there, but there are quite a few teachers that can't teach and won't teach. There are some teachers that aren't willing to work with the students on due dates and extensions, and there are also some teachers that are really poor teachers.
While attending this school, I was able to make a few life long friends. In addition, the curriculum is very adamant about preparing their students for college, which I am grateful for because it has helped me in my current college courses. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience from graduating from this school.
Stevenson High School is a great place to learn and grow as a student and as a person. It has some of the greatest teachers in the world and has first class facilities and students.
My experience at Adlai Stevenson high school was challenging. It was my 9th grade so I was entering high school and the change was different and that's always a challenge but it was good. My teachers helped me get used to the school and how it functioned but overall I did love my school. If I had to change one thing about my high school it would be the interactions with other schools. It was a problem with students when I was there, and it made me feel like something was always going to happen in every courner of the school. Schools had problems with other schools.
The school was extremely diverse in subjects, people, and teachers. It was pretty cliquey but sometimes it was very included of the entire student body. I had some great teachers from that school, my favorite would definitely be Mr. Frazier. The two principals were really great too.
At Stevenson high school, I felt like we were all a family. No one was left behind and all of our students were very active in everything. The teachers were amazing in making sure we understood material and were also there to lend a hand when needed.
They didn't prepare me for college academically, but indirectly taught me how to manage my time better
Stevenson is a good school for you if you respond well to conventional teaching. Someone such as myself does not, and so I had to wait until senior year to finally take classes that will benefit me in my field.
Stevenson is quick to help out students pursuing science. For example, if you cannot fit a gym class into your schedule, you can; (as they say it,) "take a class you will find useful for your desired job field." What they don't tell you is that your job field has to be in science. If you end up being as fortunate as I was to find one teacher that you can respond well to and connect with, they may be able to help you.
What i like about Adlai Stevenson is how diverse the classes are. I attended Stevenson at the beginning of my sophomore year and I found it refreshing in a way that i could take more classes that weren't the standard math, English or history classes. i had more options such as psychology, sociology, marketing, small business, fiance and working in the school store, the titan shop.
If i could change anything about the school it would have to be how divided everyone is. For example if your a minority or any race besides Caucasian times can be uncomfortable at Stevenson. Another change would be more freedom for the students for exapmle students cant leave for lunch let alone leave the lunch room or go to the bathroom without a pass. And i wouldn't say its hard to get a pass but often times the teachers/ faculty wouldn't even consider writing a pass for the stud. ent
Stevenson is very strong in their academics and sports. They are always open to change. I would like to see more hands on learning and projects with the occasional lectures.
This was a great school. The teachers are passionate about the students' success and it is a very diverse and welcoming environment. There are many extracurriculars available for students to become involved with including dozens of clubs. I was on Student Council during my time at Stevenson and it made the experience unique and meaningful.
Start Your Review of Adlai Stevenson High School
Overall my life at Stevenson has been really good! Many of my teacher have been very personal and helpful while the cirriculum is challenging but they are great at teaching it. Not only are the teachers great but the tutors in the informational learning center are extremely helpful. Also the school has a great way introduce high school to the incoming freshmen, called Fmp. Overall I am very happy with my experience and Stevenson.
Almost everyone says that they school every once in a while; even I have. Once it is gone, though, regret will be the only thing going through one's mind. Adlai E. Stevenson High School really helped me grow out of my comfort zone because of all the opportunities I had open to do whatever. The teachers that I have worked with really showed me how to prosper and be successful in whatever I am doing. For that, I am so thankful for being apart of the Stevenson community. I have met amazing people during my years there and I hope to extend our relationships even after graduation. I always say to myself, "Why did I not meet these people sooner?" They make my time at Stevenson worth loving because it is just so intriguing to be involved with activities that are appealing to me. All in all, my time at Adlai E. Stevenson High School will forever be memorable and something I will always enjoy talking about.
I've had such an amazing experience at Stevenson! I was on the volleyball team all four years of my high school career. I made so many amazing life long friends and so many outstanding teachers. When the time comes, I feel like everyone at Stevenson meshes as a family and always has each others back. I will miss Stevenson dearly once I graduate because I will definitely miss all the amazing times and memories I've had at school.