Adlai E. Stevenson High School Reviews

1,014 reviews
Adlai E Stevenson is not only one of the best public schools in the country, it holds a special place in my heart. Despite differences that divide us, this school has really motivated the students and staff to come together and be a part of something great regardless of gender identity, race, ethnicity, etc. For example, my sociology class dives deep into struggles that students have phased due to their outward appearance or aspects about themselves, and overall the school has made many people feel accepted. The school's amenities are thought out to the tee and I don't doubt that I am ready to take on my years in college. Along with these positive aspects come struggles as well. An extremely competitive atmosphere is present and there are those who sometimes crack under the pressure. With that being said, the ultimate pressure allows for a hardworking and focused environment, and teaches mental toughness in the workplace and for whatever life throws.
Stevenson High School is an amazing school with loads of resources and opportunities. There is something for everyone there. A majority of the teachers are amazing and passionate about what they teach. They connect with their students and help them prosper in the future.
Stevenson has always supported me in my educational persuits. Over my high school career I have had innumerable opportunities to further my passions, both in and out of the classroom. Whether it is through dance, art, or volunteering clubs, Stevenson can be an encouraging space for anyone.
Start Your Review of Adlai E. Stevenson High School
I am now an alum of Stevenson, and I could say I could've had a better experience here. Stevenson is overrated for everything and should not be as highly rated as it is. The teachers pick favorites, and even if you think you're doing well in the class, you are not. Stevenson has the money to get an Elvis impersonator, but doesn't have the money to fix leaky ceilings. We may have won a few state titles here and there, but when you have 4000+ kids in a school, there has to be good athletes in there somewhere.
To tell you the truth this public high school does one of the best jobs preparing you for college. The teachers and the students are both exceptional and take the time out of their days to help you. With that being said the atmosphere is highly competitive similar to the work world and it takes grit to get through the 4 years. Abundant in resources, this school becomes what you make of it and its size gives a great opportunity to connect with all sorts of people from all different backgrounds. If you can survive and thrive at this school you will be great any direction you take in life.
Highly competitive high school. Extremely resourceful and many opportunities to expand your experience.
The atmosphere of the school is great. There is always something to do or get involved in. The learning centers across the school are super helpful. The best part is going to football or basketball games. I think that changing the schools logo was a bad idea and would want it switched back
They offer a variety of resources to ensure that everyone succeeds at their school. There is a very competitive atmosphere which is why the school is one of the best in the nation. The reason that the school gets only four stars is because of the impact different ethnicities have on the school and how the school does not do enough to crack down on in-school vaping.
I was involved in a lot at school and loved every minute of it. I think Stevenson is a great school for hard working students.
The support given by the teachers and students is one of the best I've seen. If it is clear you really care about your studies, there will always be someone available to support you in your goals. There are also hundreds of clubs available for students to join so every student is able to find something of interest to them. And if not, they can easily make their own.
I believe my school has the most to offer whether it be in school or out of school activities. Many Students such as myself have moved to Stevenson in order to gain a better education which has shown through the constant rigor of our courses.
I would really like to see a change in the way that students who are not the smartest of the bunch be treated the same way as higher intelligent students. I would also like to see the hiring of younger, more understanding teachers who are excited to teach high school students.
Adlai E. Stevenson is a fantastic school that offers many resources for students and helps them learn in a myriad amount of ways. Secondly, there is a multitude amount of clubs one can take as well as sports. The only thing that I would change is the stressed environment, but other than that factor, the school is doing a great job running a high school of over 4,000 students.
Sometimes the administration can be a bit of a hassle towards students, and is very strict. I remember in the learning center there is a rule where you cannot sit more than 4 to a table--not even someone talking nearby-- and for some reason there are 4 whole rows of seats on the stairs that are always reserved for no particular reason.
I’ve had a great experience at Stevenson. The teachers are really nice and good at what they do. There are plenty of opportunities to get help on things that you struggle with. Including tutors working from 7am-430 pm. I played hockey all four years I spent here and it was an extremely rewarding experience as we made it the the state championship at the united center and made history. Couldn’t have had a better experience.
Stevenson had me extremely well prepared to excel in my first year of college. The teachers are amazing and very knowledgeable about the courses they teach. Although students last were pushed to do their best, it was sometimes taken a little too far. The competition and tension that existed between students were toxic and resulted in high levels of anxiety.
I like how nice the school is and how safe it makes everyone feel. Also how nice the food and sports and clubs are made and how they care about us
Start Your Review of Adlai E. Stevenson High School
Administration very rude, especially those involved with students with disabilities. They are very ableist.
I am grateful for all of the resources that were made available to me at Stevenson, from computers to tutors. I would like to see improvements in the grading system.
Good school primarily focused on highly successful students or those with special needs. Good sports teams