Adlai E. Stevenson High School Reviews

Very good four-year high school with a safe area and amazingly good connections with furthering education
If you like being surrounded by a lot of diversity and different cultures, SHS is the place for you. There is always somewhere for you to fit in and find your niche at SHS. Although it may seem overwhelming, SHS does a great job of making you feel secure and helping you to adjust to the new environment, especially as a freshman with FMP’s (Freshman Mentor Peers) that help freshmen to transition smoothly and get involved in the school while they’re young. With hundreds of different sports, clubs and activities and service opportunities, there is at least one way to get involved in the school community. However, a flaw that exists in SHS is students’ confidence. Even though many students at SHS are extremely successful, many feel inadequate due to idolization of select students. While this is a flaw within the school community, every school has its flaws and as the world continues to innovate & get smarter, student confidence is becoming a problem worldwide, not just in our school.
Stevenson had so many opportunities which was nice so everyone could find their place in the school.
Start Your Review of Adlai E. Stevenson High School
I transferred to Stevenson in my Sophomore year. At first this school looked very intimidating, and academically challenging. Over the period of time I found helpful teachers, and friendly environment that enabled me to achieve some of my challenges. Overall this is a great school to explore your self.
Throughout my four years at Stevenson I did feel like I was provided with an excellent experience. Most of the teachers care about their students, and are skilled at teaching material and content to their students in meaningful ways. There is an abundance of opportunities for students to be active participants whether it be through the 100+ clubs, top ranked sport teams, etc. But SHS is also a pressure cooker for stress, agreeable amongst most students, as the academic rigor is high and the environment can be burdensome. Overall, SHS is an amazing high school to attend with something for everyone.
Stevenson is such an amazing school. It's helped me develop into the person that I am. I love how the school is so big. I meet new people every day and it's something that most students don't experience until that get to college. Also, the I've always had a positive academic experience due to the facilities and teachers being great.
Adlai E. Stevenson High School is a melting pot of diversity, supportive communities, and outstanding peers, allowing it’s students to grow immensely all four years. However, the reason Stevenson doesn’t deserve a full five stars is in a way also due to it’s diversity. This probably occurs in many other schools as well, but grades in same subjeft classes (eg: Sophomore English - many dif teachers) hinges heavily on what teacher you get, which creates unequal standards for students in varying classes. But this hurdle is definitely overcomeable, therefore Stevenson earns four stars overall.
I love the support and teachers at this school, however there needs to be more intolerance for students' bad behavior.
I like Stevenson high school because it has a variety of opportunities and activities to do there. I recommend all students who are interested in attending this school to do so. This school provides good education, lots of clubs and activities. A great quality school to go to.
Studying at Stevenson is really fun. A very diverse culture experience. You will find it amazing place if your son like to stay and study in groups. The teachers and administration is really helpful for any sort of questions you have. The councelers are very good and help you with all sorts of information they have.
Teachers were very good and it was really easy to fit in as an international transfer student. I highly recommend this high school!
Overall, Stevenson High School was a very rigorous school with many resources. However, the school did not do a good job of being inclusive and ensuring diversity. It was very easy to feel alone in this High School.
I feel very fortunate to be going to this school. It has given me so many opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise, and has a lot of resources. Although it sometimes feels frivolous to go there (like when they built a second coffee shop), and despite the constant pressure to succeed, I do believe going there has made me a better, well rounded person by allowing me to explore my interests and challenge myself in a safe environment
hey
dkxjbc skbcc kmxvbj kvmdjbf vkxmbj vkmjcbv xkjcbxkl fs;kdjjgksc jdbdz cjbjbd at .ie e leov mohhc ggjh igihb hbgh hbj hb uih ihbh bhnb hbhb c hm uj gujg g ckmjv ccccl ug h b gh u, u g m ugh klkg hj cjhjkl asdfghjkl zxcvbnm, wertyuiop
Stevenson High School has prepared me for College and helped me become a mature responsible young adult. I have learned time management, care for others, and have pride in myself and the Stevenson.
I have enjoyed playing Ice hockey for the school and made some strong friendships
Overall I have had a positive High School Experience
Overall a well rounded high school! The faculty is a big part of why this school is so great. They're incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about what they're teaching and it really shines through. The student population is very engaged and it is the norm for students to partake in multiple extracurricular activities alongside their studies. The school has so many option when it comes to getting involved whether it be through clubs, socities, or sports. There really is a niche for everyone.
Although I'm new to this school, I would still tell that this is the best school I've been to. As I entered the back entrance the back entrance of the school and walked through the Glass Commons I was amazed by the olympic size swimming pool, I kept walking and passed the link labs and was able to see the football stadium, all this while I was being greeted by people, they were all so kind. On the academic field, the school is very competitive but competitive in a way that every student is motivated to shine and thrive. The school is so diverse, its very hard for you to not have friends from the same race or religion. Me coming from India truly love this school, It's like a university than a school.
Start Your Review of Adlai E. Stevenson High School
I absolutely love everything about the school. Having the opportunity to go to such a high ranking facility has opened many doors for me, and theres nothing that I would change about my experience.
I really liked how every teacher cares about you. They want to see you achieve in their classroom and other activities. When the school felt lunch needed to be changed, they went above and beyond. All staff members are friendly to the students and are there to help you. There are many activities and classes to explore, so take advantage.
The Stevenson experience was full of ups and downs, but ultimately, I was fortunate to attend such as excellent school. The school excels in every aspect whether it be academics, sports, or school events. The majority of the teachers are hard working professionals with credibility in their respective areas, although there are some teachers clearly better than others. Who you receive as a teacher does depend on the luck of the draw. Because of the giant class, there is always a community to join. Most of the students are active members of multiple communities. The culture of Stevenson is very work hard, play hard, but there isn't always a great balance. A culture of academic excellence is so prevalent that the students sometimes struggle with getting enough sleep or managing stress levels. Stevenson focuses heavily on preparing students for college and has so many resources and opportunities available. The food at Stevenson is great and the building has been remodeled gorgeously.