Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School is an above average, public school located in Adel, IA. It has 479 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
801 Nile Kinnick Dr S
Adel, IA 50003
Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A55 Students
- A44 Students
- B+33 Students
- B-20 Students
- A15 Students
- C+12 Students
- B11 Students
- B11 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 81 reviews
- B+Urbandale High School
- Urbandale Community School District, IA
- 163 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 350 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 285 reviews
Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School Reviews
Throughout my last four years of High School, all of the staff has been working towards improvement of their teaching practices to better the learning for students. This improvement has shown dramatically! One of the greatest improvements is that the teachers offer special programs before and after school for many classes, as well as going the pace of the students who need extra assistance. Combined, the teachers make students feel appreciated, and it makes for a great learning environment. ADM High School has above and beyond the best staff in central Iowa.
ADM High School is known for its academics and extracurriculars. While sports are sometimes the most popular activities in High School in Iowa, Clubs, Fine Arts, and Academics are also a large part of our High School experience. As a student, you are no way limited to one activity; students are actually encouraged to do more than one extracurricular while still being academically successful. The support from the teachers and coaches is amazing, and has a lot to do with the success of all activities. ADM wide variety of clubs and sports makes it easy for "everyone" to be a part of "something"!
I changed schools before I began High School, and it was one of the best decisions my family had ever made. The curriculum that was given to me was harder than I was used to, but the teachers made learning at a higher standard very possible. In High School, I was involved in both sports and fine arts while working at a hometown bank, and my academics were very important to me. It was very easy to balance my busy schedule because of the amazing support of the activity leaders. Everything that I have learned and done in High School has prepared me for College, Graduate School, and the rest of my life. I would choose to go back to High School if I could because the experiences and memories were so great, I could do it all again!