Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School is an above average, public school located in Adel, IA. It has 505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A86 Students
- A73 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-33 Students
- A29 Students
- B26 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-17 Students
- B12 Students
- A-9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Football Games16%
- Graduation Festivities11%
- Fine Arts5%
- Golf Meets5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 100 reviews
- B+Urbandale High School
- Urbandale Community School District, IA
- 190 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 422 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 323 reviews
Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School Reviews
Honestly, it's not a bad school. There are a lot of good teachers. Some things are executed poorly. The school has a great chemistry department and when it comes to english teachers they are amazing. The band room could be better but it is an amazing environment to be involved in.
It was a good experience but the people there seem to think otherwise. The fine arts programs there are amazing and I had an amazing time working with the teacher and people in it. I enjoy most of the teachers while some can be dry or not the most informative when teaching they still get the point across and I’ve never had a problem with their classes that I’ve taken. The sports programs are good as well even though a lot of times we don’t have the most success we have a lot of fun while playing those sports.
It's OK. Nothing special but not terrible. Couple teachers are bad, couple are really good. Not much bullying, and its usually in mutual fun. Normal teen stuff. You can tell most people who review are either overprotective parents or the students that make noone like them, so take most reviews with a grain of salt.