Addison Middle/High School Reviews

The doors are always locked and if you sign out with your senior pass, you must sign back in at the main office through the camera.
There are many AIS groups that stay after and help students when they need it.
Honestly, this school is great. I love some of the teachers and the environment around the school. Our student section at soccer and basketball games is incredible, we even got shirts made and come to almost all games.
Review Addison Middle/High School
Some teachers are rude and simply do not care about the students. Our guidance counselor is never in his office so it is very hard to decide our future and get things done when he is not there.
Everyone knows everyone so that is nice.
The school nurse isn't always in her office when you need her. I don't ever feel in danger while at school, it is very safe. A cop is always there.
There is always food options, salad and pizza is available every day. They don't always cook enough of the food that everyone likes such as chicken wing pizza. The tables are always clean and the floors always spotless.
The guidance counselors are in a lot of meetings, and are not available much of the time. This just started happening this year. The dress code is not as strictly enforced as it has been in the past. The shorts rule really needs to be reevaluated.
The school is under construction right now. There is no track and no baseball or softball fields for Varsity. The new tennis courts are very nice. The locker rooms could use an update. Only certain groups of kids attend sporting events. Lots of people want football at our school, but we do not have enough kids to have a football and soccer team, it would have to be one or the other.
The Math teachers all seem to teach very fast and it is hard to understand the material. Most all of the teachers return work quickly and grade and give back scores. One of the best things is the ability for students to go online and check their grades. That is my favorite improvement this school year.
Their are Art clubs and Architectural Awareness
We had many presentations on anti-bullying, if there was bullying is was usually just verbal.
The cafe is very nice since it was recently redone, the food is probably average for high school food.
There is a strict dress code, if it is not met the student is sent home to change or is sent to in school suspension. There is also an attendance policy where you have to attend a certain amount of days you must attend without unexcused absents.
Addison is a small school so we never had the latest and greatest. Since I graduated there have been improvements to fitness facilities, there is a second gym being built, more baseball fields, and an up-to-date track.
The teachers in Addison were fantastic; they were always willing to help when they did not have a class. Most teachers even helped with real world applications.
In high school I was in teen-tutoring, academic all-stars, cross country,and track. I was very committed with every extracurricular I participated in.
Review Addison Middle/High School
After Addison High School I went to SUNY Alfred State College for a B.S. in Forensic Science. I don't feel like high school really prepared me for college. In high school I rarely studied and was still in the top of my class; in college I noticed a big change I had to read a lot more and do more homework.
The teachers try their best with what they have.
They are way to strict sometimes.