Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Addison Middle/High School is a public school located in Addison, NY. It has 563 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Addison Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+38 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade C+16 Students
- grade A minus12 Students
- grade A11 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade A+9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,348 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Addison Middle/High School
- grade CCampbell-Savona Junior/Senior High School
- Campbell-Savona Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade CWilliamson Senior High School
- Northern Tioga School District, PA
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 79 reviews
- grade BHaverling Senior High School
- Bath Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade C+Jasper-Troupsburg Junior/Senior High School
- Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.33 out of 5 3 reviews
Addison Middle/High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 38 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I personally like it here, I never experienced bullying here, others may have. The teachers here are very nice and none want to see you fail so they try to become as open as they can to help you. Our sports teams have a lot of spirit, our cross country team is probably the best around in the area, our soccer teams are also great full of spirit, all of our teams are. It’s rare to see people fail, I personally think it’s harder to fail than it is to pass.
The school puts too much money into funding athletics and completely overlooks the fact that most of their math teachers don't bother to teach. I would rather go to a school that actually helps to educate you, but unfortunately I live here.
Overall, Addison is a good school with my experience going here iv'e had few to no issues. This school has taught me so much, i am only a sophomore but i am taking a college course and after this i am gonna feel more than ready for college i am so happy to see what new experiences and challenges are gonna come my way.