Adams High School Reviews

I enjoyed my experience at Adams High School. In my city, this school had to be the most diverse and that allowed me the ability to learn about different people and cultures. The teachers cared about our education and tried their best to prepare us for the college level. There were various amounts of opportunities to get involved with sports, clubs and the community. When compared with other schools, we were always ranked at the top of the list. If I could go back to high school, I would choose Adams High School all over again. The experience was definitely unbeatable.
Adams High School provides a lot of resources for students, and all of the teachers are very supportive and will provide help if need be. It is also structured very well in association with the IB program. However, it would be nice to have students that have completed their first year of the IB program to be able to mentor underclassmen and help educate them about the program from a student's view. It would also help to have the standard sophomore schedule changed-- instead of taking AP United States History in one's junior year, I would suggest pushing sophomores to take it so they can complete their US History requirement. Additionally, sophomore year at Adams is a lot easier compared to junior year, so it would add more a challenge to the sophomore's curriculum. It would also allow incoming juniors starting the IB program to be able to choose another elective in order to lighten the work load.
Overall the school was good for high school. Most teachers taught well and classes were very challenging for me. The IB program could've been a little more organized during my years, but I think they're working on it. But from what I've seen, there have been many improvements to the school's culture.
Start Your Review of Adams High School
What I liked most about Adams is how readily available the teachers and administration are to help you even with 2,000 students. The always get back to everyone in a timely manner and go above and beyond to try and help each and every student.
Adams High School has the IB program, unique to other schools in the area. The school has a positive atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. The faculty cares about the students' safety and success for the future. One thing to improve is the food.
I would like there to be more events that you could attend. Better lunch. The lunch isn’t so good. More interesting clubs. Better math teachers especially for algebra 2.
Loved the diversity, academic integrity, school spirit, great teachers, and lively sports atmosphere.
I Like that Adams had the IB program because it challenged me on an everyday basis. I don’t know what i would change but if I had to choose it would be... to have a longer break lunch.
I had a great experience at John Adams. The International Bacchelourate program is a great addition to the high schoool. I was a part of this, and many students were successful in the program and are now attending great schools.
Going from a Catholic grade school to a public high school was a major transition. However, it benefited me in many ways and I had an amazing experience at Adams High School. The diversity at this school is one of the factors that I think I benefited from as well.
It was nice, though I wish there were more events to participate in, the food could be better like actually checking on people with allergies and helping them with it.
I love the diversity and the mix of cultures! The ib program is great but i wish there was better prep for the underclassmen pursuing a full ib diploma
I have enjoyed attending Adams High School. I highly recommend the IB Program. I wish their would be more diversity in the IB program. There is a variety of classes offered for any interest.
I have a freshman and a senior at Adam's. The school environment is safe. The teachers are easy to communicate with and the principal is always readily available.
What I liked about Adams high school, was the fact teachers will help students to apply and help through the progress of college. I will like to see more effort on the seniors to step up their game and more attitude toward them.
John Adams High School has been a great learning experience for me! The teachers are amazing and calm with each individual and good at interacting with the students. Most teachers are happy to help students who need extra help and volunteer to stay after school. The school is a pretty clean environment. Something I would change about the school would probably be the school lunches or the school running out of food during C lunch. Also, I think our school is good about spreading news on bully prevention, but I think we should do more things to let students know its okay to talk to an adult or upperclassmen about their situation.
Adams High School is a highly eduacated school where it is a great place to learn. The teachers there are so helpful and understanding. The principals there are great leaders to the kids. The counselors direct us to succeed and never gives up hope on the children there.
Start Your Review of Adams High School
There is great diversity at Adams High School. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and learn about new cultures. Adams does offer the globally recognized IB program however the classes are ill prepared and often do not have the necessary materials required to teach the course.
Everybody is friendly and the staff is wonderful. No problems when i went there. The sports are good. Wish the lunch period did not start so early.
Since my experience at Adams was centered around the IB Program, a rigorous program which effectively preps one for college, I can readily express my likes and subsequent dislikes. Through this program, I was able to challenge myself academically, while getting close to individuals. For example, I was able to connect with the librarian, Mrs. Brady, a truly helpful friend now. On the academic side, through IB, one could have the potential of getting college credit depending on your IB test scores and what your college will give you. As for me, I got 15 credit hours transferred to my college. That means money saved. Thus, I would say Adams' IB Program is the way to go.
As for change in the IB Program, it boils down to effectively communicating the requirements and rules in order to avoid misunderstandings. However, if you are willing to put up with it, are ambitious, and want to challenge yourself, go to Adams.