Adams City High School Reviews

What I like about it was that they would make you start to plan your ideas after highschool. They will give your recommendations on schools. They will also get you on track to graduate. But one thing I would want to change is the amount of resources they give us for scholarships and resources for a better career finding. Over all I think that it’s a pretty good school.
Adams City high school is a good school when you're involved and help out the community. I would change the involvement from community members and other students. I would also change the culture and how others view the school.
The student are very determined and all share a sense of community. The diversity of the school provides a number of perspectives, and community involvement is made a priority in many of the clubs. The administration and student could although have better communication.
Start Your Review of Adams City High School
I like how the school tries to keep students involved. I would like to see the students efforts change.
The only thing I really enjoyed about my time at Adams City High School were the teachers who helped us believe that we didn't have to be defined by the reputation of the school we went to. It was rare to find them, but those that fit into that category were amazing educators and mentors who had the bad luck of working for an administration that did not value that. Most students already had the mentality that they were at a bad school, and so effort was rare. For those of us who were able to resist that culture, it became exponentially more important to get into college, and away from Adams City. It is not a school that I personally would put my children in, but I am proud of the adversity that I overcame, and graduating from ACHS made me a stronger, more determined person.
I attended Adams City High School for 4 years, the lack of consistency and the poor administration is the biggest problem at ACHS. As I came into school for my senior year, on the first day, schedules were not ready for any of the students, classes were overfilled, and students did not have a set schedule up until the end of the semester. At the end of my senior, more than 20 teachers were fired, and our counselor was escorted out of the school by police because she refused to give up all the work she had done before getting fired. When students were infuriated by the administrations actions and decided to protest, the school forced all seniors to sign contracts stating that we would not engage in protests or else we would not be allowed to walk at graduation. In the four years that I went to ACHS I was just a number not a person, I hope that this will change in the future.
The school for years has had many problems with the administration. Before there is any change in the school, the administration has to be changed and offer students many more resources for college. Colorado GEARUP and Inspire were the only ones who really were involved to help students in the process for college.
I like that Adams City High School is a school that is full of diversity. That discrimination is not a problem, and you can walk its hallways safely. There is rigor in the way our education is managed, although it lacks a good, and supportive administration. Administration should collaborate as a collective with parents and teachers not as an individual branch. Adams City is supportive to defy all odds that have been put in our culture by uneducated people that believe that because we are found in the midst to the "ghetto" community success is unachievable.
I have been a student at Adams City High School for four years. I have enjoyed the excitement that the students bring, everyone is so involved. The students are the glue that hold the school together. The administration needs some work with the way they are running the school. They can improve by getting to know the students. My classmates have made up for what the administration lacks, we have helped each other make it through the past years.
I really enjoyed the different ways teachers taught and how the staff would build a bond with students providing a comfortable environment to be in.
I like the dedication of some staff. I would like to see more stability in the staff, though, since most students are familiar with saying goodbye to teachers after very short time.
Adams City is like a family. Adams City has been like a second home to me. All me and my teachers have amazing relationships and I couldn't imagine leaving this school. I'm going to miss it when I graduate.
Adams City High is a school where students feel safe and comfortable to come everyday and participate. The teachers are really helpful and care for their students. Not only do they teach with excitement but try to understand the students needs and provide advice. But most students lack the motivation of coming to school and trying to get good grades. The school provides with great courses for students but they don't show or provide the effort needed to pass the class. Students think it is cool to ditch and not go to class which results of bad attendance and poor grades. The district lacks on understanding the students ideas and don't provide the resources needed. The school should come up with better ideas that will attract kids to stay in school and keep them in track so they can pass all their classes. Every school can improve on many things but Adams city needs to improve on attendance and recruiting their students to do better.
I had a great time as a student and always strived towards excellence. The resources are there, the students just need the ambition to use them.
Throughout my High school I have taken interesting and challenging classes that I have liked. I have been involved and it’s a safe school. I would like to see changes when it comes to teachers, some teachers don’t know how to manage learning skills for every student to understand. I would also like to change the style administration is handling college readiness and the diversity itself has a bad reflection upon my school
I really like the diversity of the school's population, and the culture. I, however, would like to see the administration change and be consistent because is my four years here, I have had a different principal and instead of focusing on how to turn the school around, they focus on the dress policies.
I liked the school spirit we brought and that we had room for improvement so we showed everyone’s pur fullest potential.
Start Your Review of Adams City High School
It is a good school. I like the people here. The staff is pretty great. People think it's a bad school but it really isn't. We know just as much as other schools. Those who say were bad have never stepped foot inside our school. They just assume but we have some of the smartest and best kids aroumd.
Adams City High School (ACHS) has had its hard moments, but all four years i have went to this school it has been nothing but a home for me. We are family, even if there is fighting and intensity, every eagle is proud to be one. In ACHS pride is our biggest thing. All of Colorado either does not know out school, or we are seen as a terrible school. But one, we will be known, and two we are the best yet to come. The worst part of the school is the administration.We have never had a consistent admin to run the school. Every principal has quit or gotten a high position. however this will not stop anything. It is "all day at the A" ( head football coach's qoute) and together eagles will soar!
The school lacks a lot of discipline and a lot of kids get away with doing what they want which interrupts classes at times. The teachers don't really care what one does.