Adams City High School Reviews

Adams City High School (ACHS) has had its hard moments, but all four years i have went to this school it has been nothing but a home for me. We are family, even if there is fighting and intensity, every eagle is proud to be one. In ACHS pride is our biggest thing. All of Colorado either does not know out school, or we are seen as a terrible school. But one, we will be known, and two we are the best yet to come. The worst part of the school is the administration.We have never had a consistent admin to run the school. Every principal has quit or gotten a high position. however this will not stop anything. It is "all day at the A" ( head football coach's qoute) and together eagles will soar!
The school lacks a lot of discipline and a lot of kids get away with doing what they want which interrupts classes at times. The teachers don't really care what one does.
I graduated from Adams city high school this May 20, 2017. I know that it is a school in a turn around but it has many things to offer. Students make out of it what they want, I saw many students that didn't care about school, but I also saw many others that's where involved and had excellent grades. Five of my graduating class members received the Daniells scholarship, but there where also many other scholarships.
As years go by there are More students attending college, the only thing Adams City would need to better is parent involvement. Informing the parents so they can help their students graduate not only high school, but college as well.
Review Adams City High School
I graduate from adams city high school in may of 2017. The building was great since its only like 6 years old . The food was not the greats. I rarely ate since I got sick a couples times that I ate from the school. the teacher are great a lot of the teacher actially like teaching there and enjoy spending time with the students.
ACHS has brilliant students. Everyone has a great potential but administration constantly puts us down. Students get blamed for our school being labeled as a "turn a round" by administration. All throughout my years here I have made amazing friends because as students we had to protect each other as well as motivate ourselves because those who were supposed to ignored us. Sure we still had some teachers who helped us, but it was mostly us as students who had to fight to get what we deserved.
Adams City is a great school! The teachers really connect well with students and go out of their way to help their students be successful and understand the subject. I think the administration needs work. They are firing and removing amazing teachers and do not have a consistent principle for the high school I've had over 5 principles in my 4 years of being there.
The teachers are mostly terrible. There's a couple good ones out there here and there, but the majority are terrible. Not terrible people, but don't know how to teach. One in specific actually lead me to drop out, if that isn't enough in the first place. #Martinez
My time here at Adams City has been a roller coaster and I really hope the culture and the ways things are done here change by the time my younger siblings or even my own children come to this school.
This is my last year and I know that I will miss this school. Although we are seen as a really bad and low school, there are a lot of students who are successful and study a lot in order to graduate and go to college. Adams City High School gave me the opportunity of taking college classes while still taking high school classes. The teachers are really nice and help you succeed. They push us to do better and I will always appreciate the help I got from those teachers. There are also a lot of clubs and sports that we can do while in high school and some help for the future.
My experience at adams city high school has been overall good. One thing I don't like is how the boy's sports get more funding than the girl's. The cafeteria sometimes runs out of milk so i have nothing to drink, not even water because they confiscated all the water. I wouldn't mind if all water fountains worked.
At Adams City High School I had the great opportunity to be part of a community that cares about their students. They teachers and facilities have helped me get ready for university by offering me their time and giving me special help because of the status I have as a DACA student. They provide me with great examples of past DACA students who have successfully attended college without paying a single penny, and see me as one who can also be successful.
The teachers provide the lesson plans but the students dont take advantage overall
we all like to joke around and have fun
teachers and students work together to make a club desired
my favorite experience at this school was my freshmen year because i met new people and great friends. I would chose this school again because i had great teachers that help me through high school.
The teachers at this try their best have the best lesson for their students every day. Also, the teachers always have time to help their students problems.
Many teachers at this school help students with what they can in order to succeed. Most of my teachers that I've had in this school have helped in many ways so that I could do my best. In particular, my pre- calc teacher last year helped me so much in a subject I though I would never understand. Teachers at my school are easy to talk to, and they'll try to help in any way possible.
Review Adams City High School
these security measures are a based on the lack of conflict and the counter measure seem to be well enough to handle any or most situations.
The Clubs operate based on the students ideas and have various options that make the club memorable.
Ok... Of course every teacher utilizes a different approach to engage students into learning the subject at hand, while attempting to help the entire class pass. Teachers at this institute adapt to the habit of the students allowing the class to become more interactive and independently productive. By independently productive, II mean that students become used to utilizing other resources rather then just relying on the instructor to comprehend a complex problem, learning what they need independently. The grading consistency is based on the teacher, but, all alterations made are informed to the students before being done and the alterations are usually made to help rather than harm students grades. The environment becomes part of the class catching students attention. Yes there are some cases where some individual lacks the interest, but even then they receive help either from the class or instructor. The quality of the teachers I have met throughout my time in this school have been of a high caliber.This school has had it's downs due to history and an already bad repution, but it's shocking how people within our community only see the true value of the school after meeting one of our various students. Adams City High School has had a motivation to improve or rise as the under dogs due to this reputation and as a result is doing so through both staff and students.