Adams Central Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hastings, NE. It has 459 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Adams Central Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A47 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+24 Students
- B22 Students
- B+19 Students
- B-13 Students
- A12 Students
- A-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Adams Central Junior/Senior High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Adams Central Junior/Senior High School
- BDoniphan-Trumbull Secondary School
- Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools, NE
- 22 reviews
- BBlue Hill High School
- Blue Hill Public Schools, NE
- 20 reviews
- BSilver Lake High School
- Silver Lake Public Schools, NE
- 12 reviews
- B-Kenesaw High School
- Kenesaw Public Schools, NE
- 1 review
Adams Central Junior/Senior High School Reviews
There were many things that I had loved about the school including the excurricular activities offered, as well as the ties within the community. Although, one thing I believe this school needs to work on is college readiness. I now attend an out-of-state university along with other classmates. There are many classes that I am now having to take because my high school did not provide them. My high school only offered four dual enrollment classes and did not allow us to travel to the community college campus to take other classes nor offered AP or IB classes. Meeting individuals that are my age and have their Associates degree made me realize how much my school did not offer in terms of college prepareness. This causes me to have to pay more for my education when they could have been provided to me at a lower cost. College debt is a major problem in America and offering more college level classes in high school could have helped many individuals.
As a senior at Adams Central I have found that it is overall a wonderful place to get an education if not for a few issues. I would honestly say that the school has a great sense of community and that the small class sizes help everybody have time to ask for help if they need it. The only mediocre aspects of the school at the lack luster food, a few questionable teachers, and occasional miscommunication between the administration and students.
Adams Central has been a fantastic school for me in the way of providing opportunities. Through FBLA, Athletics, and NHS, I have been fairly involved throughout high school, which has helped me shape where I will be going in the future. The only criticism I could give would be the strictness. They prevent every student from expressing themselves and it may subdue some of the interesting personality traits that may be beneficial to some situations.