Adair County High School is a public school located in Columbia, KY. It has 777 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Adair County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C91 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-83 Students
- C+44 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-28 Students
- C22 Students
- B+17 Students
- B+13 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Adair County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Adair County High School
Adair County High School Reviews
I guess you could say I have the average/classic experience. I've had some good and some bad, but doesn't everyone? There are teachers that are great and some not so much, I think everyone can agree on that. I had a teacher who made me feel like I belonged and supported me, yet I had another who made me feel so small, dumb and exculded which I one-hundred percent believe that ALL teachers should be like the first one. There will be classes that will be hard thats to be expected, but you should have teachers there to help you make sense of things and make you have a good high school experience. This school should work on the way teacher can make there students feel. Bullying is a issue in every school even this one, but that shouldn't be the case. Students need to be aware of the effects that bullying has on a person. All in all the school is good There is just a few things they should work on.
My experience at Adair County High School has been great, It has gave me a chance at meeting new people and all some teachers. It has also opened my eyes as to what career I would like to go into, because of their programs that they offer. There is not much of anything that I would like to see change at Adair County High School, except having better food. Over all ACHS has been great to me and opened very many doors.
Adair County High School is a great school to go to. My experience at Adair County High School has been a great experience, during my high school years, Adair High has helped me choose what i want to do when i get out of college, and also what i want to major in, in college. Adair County High School offers many things, such as clubs and organizations. They have also started offering many Vocational training classes, which i really enjoy, because if it wasnt for the vocational Training classes i probably would not know what i was going to major in, in college or what job i want to pursue in after college.