A.D. Henderson University School & FAU High School Reviews

I appreciate that FAU High School prepared the students well in studying and prioritizing our time efficiently, so that it was easier to adapt to the academic lifestyle while taking classes on the college campus. Expectations were high in academic performance that the college classes were almost a breeze to take. The school has probably changed in their infrastructure, teachers, and curriculum since the last time I've visited in 2017.
FAU High gave me so many opportunities that I will forever be grateful for. I was able to pursue the career of my dreams by the age of 15. This tight-knit community is exactly what allows students to flourish and become great professionals and more outgoing. I definitely interacted with a lot more students who shared the same educational values as I did, and I will forever be thankful for this. The only thing they lose a star on is the lack of an area where students can 'hang out,' that is exclusive to only FAU High School students, as transferring into a college campus at 15 can be a bit intimidating.
FAU High School is an amazing school because it saves everyone money and most importantly, time. Students at other high schools will be taking AP classes that they may or may not get college credit for and/or other classes as time fillers to take before they can leave high school. Here, you're taking college classes with other college students and not wasting time while everything is paid for.
Start Your Review of A.D. Henderson University School & FAU High School
The school has a great community of parents and faculty. I have felt welcomed from day one and never felt that if I had a worry or concern it would be ignored. I did not realize how advanced the students were until my child took a college placement exam while in 8th grade. Amazing how much they learn and what they learn. I do feel that some teachers do give a huge amount of work which is a tremendous strain on the student and family. The school should truly look into providing a better academic balance for the children. Other than than that I think it's wonderful and will miss them once my child graduates.
This charter school gives students an equal opportunity to apply and offers nice financial aid services. It is centered around academics and pushes the students very hard. The school pays for the students to take a full load of college courses from 10-12 grade. If you're determined to get ahead in your career and academics, this school is perfect for you and will save you a lot of money during the process! They provide great opportunities in research and other criteria. The only downside is the limited sport options and an untraditional high school experience, including a small prom, winter formal, etc.
I liked the independence that the school granted the students in their ability to choose classes. I would like to see more complete student involvement in extracurricular activities.
At A.D Henderson FAU High School I was given the great opportunity of being able to begin college early and get a good start on my future, which is something that I will always appreciate.
I liked the freedom that the school gave as well as the superior labs and access to college level courses. However, the 9th grade teachers could be better. Also, there could be more support as far as guidance counselors for the high school students.
The high school provides a very unique learning experience. Working at the college starting sophomore year provides a great head start to the rest of your education.
FAU high school provided an amazing opportunity to be a full-time college student, while still in high school. It allowed me to obtain my associates degree while in high school.
Overall, I love the experiences and opportunities that FAU highschool provides to the students. However, the only complaint I have is I wish the administration would take into more consideration. For example, administration made the assumption that students took 8 a.m classes because their parents worked and scheduled the start at 8 a.m. However, when a poll was taken, every student said they would be able to come later if class was later.
FAU High School is AMAZING. It allowed me to dual enroll at Florida Atlantic University. I am now 17 with 82 credits towards my degree. I will graduate with a bachelors at 19, and hopefully enter dental school at that age. I can' even believe 9t myself. The possibilities here are incomparable. Everyone here WANTS you to succeed just as much as yourself. I am constantly getting emails from my counselors, principal and old teachers about opportunities they want us to take part in. I have had the most wonderful experience I could ever ask for. I highly encourage everyone to apply.
I like the teachers. I would like to see more of an involvement in sports. I would also like to see better food offered
Absolutely beautiful campus, people, and resources! It is a home away from home I have never felt un safe or not at home during my time at FAU and the opportunities it has created for me are unexplainable!
The school's environment was very welcoming and encouraging. The teachers there are amazing and they really want the students to do their best. The material can get hard but the teaches do their best to teach it in a way that is beneficial to the students. The program FAU High School offers is phenomenal and I am very grateful that I was apart of it.
FAU High is a great school that provides unmatched opportunities. This school will prepare you for college and the dual-enrollment program allows you to graduate with many college credits. The experience is priceless and although the courses may be rigorous, it is all worth the blood, sweat, and tears.
FAU Highschool offers the best academic program available to students in Florida. By the time you graduate highschool, you could also end up receiving a bachelors degree in college. The administration is very helpful with college advice and preparation, and they are always there for students to go for advice.
Start Your Review of A.D. Henderson University School & FAU High School
I love A.D. Henderson University School. I am a high school senior, and it's so nice to be able to fully dual enroll at Florida Atlantic University. You are able to see your peers grow. I have been with some of my peers since Kindergarten. The school has a great atmosphere.
I really love FAU Highschool. It is a great opportunity to get ahead for the future and experience the college setting. I am able to get ahead and graduate highschool with many credits working towards my major. The environment on the high school and college campus is awesome. The people were very intelligent and allowed us all to compete and work our hardest to succeed in this type of school. Overall, my experience with FAU high was amazing.
I had such an amazing time in my 4 years at FAUHS. The teachers and the endless opportunities here are amazing!