Achievement First Hartford Academy is a public, charter school located in Hartford, CT. It has 954 students in grades K-11 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Achievement First Hartford Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-28 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B14 Students
- B14 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Achievement First Hartford Academy
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Achievement First Hartford Academy
- BOdyssey Community School
- Public School
- Manchester, CT
- 2 reviews
- C+Eli Terry Jr. Middle School
- Plymouth School District, CT
- 1 review
- C+Carmen Arace Intermediate School
- Bloomfield School District, CT
- C+John F. Kennedy Middle School
- Enfield School District, CT
Achievement First Hartford Academy Reviews
What I like about Achievement First Hartford Academy is that this school really pushes you to thrive better, as the classes are rigorous from day one of school, from freshman to senior, it only gets 3x harder from my opinion. And each grade, all you can do is try and compete with your last year self to try and do better. Although we're a public high school, we're one of the few in Hartford that's pre-college based and guarantee a 100% graduation rate into a at least a 2 year college. But because we're in Hartford, majority of our students identify as African-American/Black with a few Latino/Hispanic, but majority of the staff is Caucasian, so we don't really feel a connection between the students and teachers. Also, we're not that well funded so we don't have a lot of clubs/sports, only football with capital prep, volleyball, cheerleading and basketball our school offers. But overall, in my opinion, I think this school is very great because it's student run, so our ideas are heard.
Achievement First has been my home for 8 years now. The school's mission is to get as many kids as possible to get to college. I have already been accepted to a 4-year university and I haven't even finished school yet. I believe that if I went to another school in Hartford, a college wouldn't be so clearly envisioned. The school's culture is very liberal and accepting of all people. This accepting nature is shown through the diverse makeup of the staff at Achievement First. I have grown to appreciate all people because I attended Achievement First. Seeing as the school is so accepting, I would recommend Achievement First to all students who want to go to college after high school because the school will ensure that you get there.
Achievement First Hartford High is very good academically. However, even though they claim to be a college prep school, there are other schools out there that help you picture yourself as a college applicant with the rest of America, rather than just an applicant with other students at the school. Also, the merit system(detention, deductions) is useful for freshman, but after a while it seems tedious, and frustrating.