Achievement First Hartford Academy is a public, charter school located in Hartford, CT. It has 1,063 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Achievement First Hartford Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A39 Students
- B28 Students
- B-26 Students
- B24 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Achievement First Hartford Academy
- BOdyssey Community School
- Public School
- Manchester, CT
- 2 reviews
- C+Eli Terry Jr. Middle School
- Plymouth School District, CT
- 1 review
- C+Carmen Arace Intermediate School
- Bloomfield School District, CT
- C+John F. Kennedy Middle School
- Enfield School District, CT
Achievement First Hartford Academy Reviews
At Achievement First Hartford High their mission is to set students up to be successful in college. Academically, Achievement First is very strong and motivated to disprove the stereotype that the world isn't meant for African Americans. They push their students to do their best so that each and every one of them can have a successful life financially and socially. Socially, Achievement First needs improvement due to teachers not being aware of what's going on in the school and the negative energy surrounding the atmosphere. The motto of Achievement First is, “ Education Equals Freedom” which means that in order to be free you need to be educated to go against stereotypes that cause injustice.
I have been attending Achievement First Hartford Academy since middle school. The school is very strict and it is mainly due to the teachers helping us to be college ready. The teachers do their absolute best to make us take college seriously by speaking to us about college since the 5th grade. By the time we get into high school, we are so used to touring colleges that most scholars know what college they would like to attend. Although speaking about college is a good thing, it is very repetitive and scholars get tired of hearing about it.
What I like about Achievement First Hartford Academy is that this school really pushes you to thrive better, as the classes are rigorous from day one of school, from freshman to senior, it only gets 3x harder from my opinion. And each grade, all you can do is try and compete with your last year self to try and do better. Although we're a public high school, we're one of the few in Hartford that's pre-college based and guarantee a 100% graduation rate into a at least a 2 year college. But because we're in Hartford, majority of our students identify as African-American/Black with a few Latino/Hispanic, but majority of the staff is Caucasian, so we don't really feel a connection between the students and teachers. Also, we're not that well funded so we don't have a lot of clubs/sports, only football with capital prep, volleyball, cheerleading and basketball our school offers. But overall, in my opinion, I think this school is very great because it's student run, so our ideas are heard.