Achievement First - East New York School Reviews

I think the academics at this school is really rigorous and advanced. Teachers are always nice and supportive and know their stuff. Some teachers here and there may not be as educated as others, but overall they were pretty great. However, the school lacks extracurriculars or sports, so I never got to explore things while there. There’s only 2 clubs and 3 sports team. The school hours is way too long and the school year starts way too early. I also really hated how small the school was. There’s not that much of a population here, however the building was still way too small, I felt trapped. The worst thing about this school is it’s culture and the students there. They’re so unsupportive and rude individuals, who made my middle school experience so bad. I’ve never met such mean and terrible people. Anytime I pass by the school I get anxiety. Thank god I’m gone and I’m in a better community where I feel accepted.
This school really prepares students for high school and beyond with college always being the goal. There could be more clubs and sports and also better funding.
I was student there for about 2 years. Everyone was nice and respectful. AFENYMS is a very good, safe place to transfer into.
Start Your Review of Achievement First - East New York School
While academics was the main goal, they also allowed us to have so much fun! From Frosty fridays, to summer block parties, It was always a great time.
Overall Achievement First East New York was a great School, I mean the most of the few resources started out with. Educating all students unbiasedly allowing us to form our own opinions about the world. The academics of the school or extremely strong. The only thing I would like to change is the food provided at the school. The options were healthy and nutritionally sound, however, they were unfortunately not filling sometimes.
It was a school that was strict but it was for our benefit. We got disciplined to prepare us for the future which was great,
The teachers in this school expect the best from us and there for give us fair lengthy challengung homework, each ;abeled with a CFS, ot Criteria For success, that must be followed. The teacher allows us to resubmit if not but for a lower grade.