Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Acceleration Day & Evening Academy is a public, charter school located in Mobile, AL. It has 300 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 30 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Acceleration Day & Evening Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-9 Students
- B7 Students
- A5 Students
- B5 Students
- C4 Students
- C-4 Students
- C-4 Students
- A-4 Students
- B4 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Acceleration Day & Evening Academy Reviews
At ACCEL, I love that I am welcomed into a small family oriented environment that encourages me to accomplish, care( for myself and others), collaborate (with my fellow scholars), empower( myself and those around me) and spend my lifetime learning. ACCEL is a place that has nurtured me and allowed me to flourish. Not only have I been blessed with teachers who cater to the individual need of students but I have been given the opportunity to partake in many outstanding opportunities on regional and national levels outside the area of traditional academics, that have largely contributed to my overall learning development. Due to the school only being three years young, it does not yet offer things like sports which is one of the biggest cons that I hear from my fellow scholars, as well as the small space of the facility that we are currently in. Despite these downfalls, one thing remains true; ACCEL is truly one of a kind.
So from my experience I had my mind set on a different high school which was Baker high.All my friends were at this school or going to this school and it just seemed so fun to be with friends.But I was sent to Accel and I was very scared because I hate being around a bunch of new people and it was a new school so I didn't know how it would be.Turns out I got there my first year and we were like a big family we all made mistakes together and learned from these mistakes together.This school brought me out of my shell tremendously and has given my incredible opportunities I wouldn't have at any other school.I feel as if all the teachers are my family and whenever something is bothering me they know without me even telling them and they always help me.This school has had a very positive impact on my mental health as well as my grades. Accel I have to say is the best high school I could have ever asked to go to.