Academy Park High School Reviews

Teachers are okay, somewhat stern. There is some diversity among the school.The students are okay, but most are ghetto and disrespectful. Most of the students are African American, but there is some diversity to it. I just don't like the fact that some students have gym as a first period. Your'e barely awake, it just doesn't make sense. The teachers motivate you to complete your classwork.
My experience at Academt Park has been alright so far. Nothing too crazy going on. Some of the teachers are pretty cool and understanding, activities are fun for the most part when they come up. The academics aren't easy but not too difficult; really helps you develop a strong and optimistic mindset for the future.
AP really prepares you for the world and the staff are willing to help or give advice based on personal experience to make sure you reach your goal.
I enjoyed the introduction of many clubs through the later years of my high school experience. The teachers working at this high school really care about their students and want to see them succeed.
Start Your Review of Academy Park High School
I graduated from the school it’s had it’s ups and downs not all of the teachers are the best some just sit around. But they were improving when I was leaving. The students are not the best as majority but has long as effort was put into the work it was good.
My experience at Academy Park was fairly okay. But the school doesn’t really help us with the college process.
Academy Park is really fun when it comes to sports and activities. The food isn't that bad, and the academic aspect is excellent. Most of the people that go to the school are friendly; although not everyone is. The principal is really good at his job, and tends to make sure that the school is a very safe place for us to be in. The school has been really bad for decades, but it is now improving a lot. The safety in the school is really good; there are security guards, cops, and all the students are required to wear an ID at all times.
What I liked about Academy Park High School was that it wasn't too big. Our school was one. We all knew each other and were close and we never really had dull moments. All the kids basically grew up with each other so their was always memorable times whether we were outside of the classroom or inside learning and helping one another out.
I enjoyed my time here. Over the years it has gotten stricter at this school though. I understand that it was all for the students' safety but it made the school feel like a prison. Teachers and students had great relationships. Teachers were approachable and it was obvious they did care about their students, as long as the students were respectful. In regards to academics, I yearned for more of a challenge at times.
What I like about Academy Park High School is that they have good sports to play and to be involved in. What I would like to see change is the fights they have there and the food there could be better as well.
Academy Park forms young studetns into leaders, with the help of teachers who points out your right and wrongs, different clubs or activities to join, lost of school spirit, and plenty of diversity! With the help of their best club, Rising Scholars, this school is shaping students for college.
Good public high school, many people look down upon it but it's a really good school, good teachers and students. Great place to be
Academy Park High School is a wonderful school and I’m glad to be a part of the 2017 graduating class. The staff has been kind, helpful, and understanding throughout my four years attending. Academy Park High School offers a few programs for students that may need a more flexible learning path such as the Cyber Program, which I’m apart of. Being a part of Academy Park’s Cyber Program has allowed me to work when I can without worrying about being late for school which I had an issue with freshman year. The Cyber Program has also allowed me to bring my GPA up which I’m grateful for.
attending academy park is overall life experience, like everything in this world it has its flaws and it also has it's fine points.
Academic Park is not the best of schools in PA but it's definitely not the worst . They have great sports team but their academic level is 75%. The student are "okay". On a rate of 100% I'll say they're 60% good .
We have a really good football team. We don't wear uniforms which is good i guess. We have decent fundraisers and we get to raise money for good causes. In the rising scholars programs, you get to go on cancer walks with this program. We have a nice staff.
Academy Park is excellent high school that cares for the staff and students. They have many courses such as psychology, Biochemistry, and introduction into law. My experience at Academy park has showed me respect, honor, and to push myself further to accomplish my long term goals.
Teachers in this school tend to give students the amount of work they thinkn colleges give to their students. I say this because they want to prepare their students for college so college won't suprise them.
Start Your Review of Academy Park High School
students are very involved when it comes to school, because we have so many diverse students and religious belief we have so many different clubs that students can join. For me I didn't join any clubs because I had a job that starte right after school.
i gave extracurricular a five star because it is the best thing that happened to this school. First I say this because students are committed to what they do, and by that it's keeping a lot of kids off the streets and keeping them busy! My favorite activity was cheerleading, I love to cheerlead even though cheerleaders don't get the respect they should for the the most school spirit, committing their time and energy into learning exotic stunts to get the crowd rallied up. Most important cheering the football team on when they have the biggest crowd and even when they don't have a crowd at all. We cheer and practice rain, snow, and on the hottest days. I believe extracurriculars is a big deal in Academy Park High School.
I wouldn't want to change school because i grew so close to Academy Park High School that it's like my second home. I would not dare to change my high school because the teachers are determind that their students learn and be kids of the future, so can be legendary and make a difference.