Academy of Tucson High School Reviews

The good thing about this school is that the teachers care to see you grow as a student and a person. The school is rather small and lacking in certain student activities, but the small environment provides a good education.
Academy of Tucson allows students to get a great education. Classes are small and teachers can show students the time they need. Advanced classes are also offered.
This is an absolutely great school. I am prepared for college and have a scholarship because I went to this school. Thanks AOT!!
Start Your Review of Academy of Tucson High School
The teachers are really nice. All the teachers are more then willing to spend the time to help you one on one. The students all get along, there is a enforced no bullying tolerance. For the most part all the students get along.
I have enjoyed attending the Academy of Tucson for my high school career. The small campus and class sizes makes for a personal learning experience.
There are different clubs that anyone can be a part of. They all have teachers that help run them but it is mostly up to the students what they want to do. Because of this, they are not always the best organized.
The only thing that I did not like about this school is how small it is. I would have liked a larger school more because there are more opportunities for harder classes. I do like the fact that this school is very close, similar to a family.
All of the teachers care about the students. The teachers do their best to make sure that the students are passing the classes and understanding the materials. Most classes are lecture based but they stay very interesting. It is easy to contact a teacher when help is needed and they respond within a day usually.
The students at the school are about average, you have your average people and you have the wannabes as well
We do not have a technical nurse at school. We have never had a lock down drill since I have been here, and only a few fire drills every year.
It was okay for the most part. There were times were I planned on transferring out but I just did not do it
There is no cafeteria we sit outside, not sure how the food is because I pack a lunch
The administration is average, there are a few that are fair and a few that some people have had issues with
There are only a few sport teams. I was disappointed that there was no baseball because that is what I play and there is not many other teams as well.
Most of the teachers you are able to tell that they care or that they are willing to help the students. A few of the teachers some do not find very helpful or who they appear to be towards people.
There are a few opportunities and clubs that students can become involved in, but there are not a lot of sports which I find disappointing.
Being a vegetarian myself, I suppose I am somewhat of a picky eater. That being said, I can usually eat school lunches twice a week, but the vegan options are virtually nonexistent.
Start Your Review of Academy of Tucson High School
The only reason I give this category a poor review is due to our lack of a gymnasium. Since we do not have a gym or field of any sort, we have to have our "home games", 50 minutes away from our school, halfway across town. This becomes highly inconvenient.
Personally, joining the volleyball team my freshman year and sticking to it until my last year as a high school student, it has helped me create so many great friendships that I would not have made otherwise. The coaches in all sports are so much fun and helpful while still remaining completely professional-it is an amazing environment to be around. There are not so many after-school activities, but we have a lot of diverse activities during lunch such as The Free Thinker's Club and the Fellowship of Christian Students, just to name a couple.
The guidance counselor is relatively new and young, but still extremely willing to help any student fill out scholarship forms, review college essays, talk about bullying, etc..The dress code is pretty strict with only allowing us to wear non-denim pants and polo's, but after awhile, it makes getting ready in the morning quite a bit easier! Bullying is not very prevalent, but I also think that is due to the fact that my school tends to eliminate all roots of these problems in a timely manner.