Academy of Tucson High School Reviews

My favorite part about being a student here was the excellent academic programs which I felt help prepare me for going to college. One thing that I would have liked to have seen is more focus on Sports achievement.
All the teachers were there to help you learn and grow. If you ever needed extra help or just someone to talk to the campus had plenty of great teachers willing to do so. I would love to see the campus grow so that we had more space to sit at lunch or a gym for a P.E program.
The good thing about this school is that the teachers care to see you grow as a student and a person. The school is rather small and lacking in certain student activities, but the small environment provides a good education.
Start Your Review of Academy of Tucson High School
Academy of Tucson allows students to get a great education. Classes are small and teachers can show students the time they need. Advanced classes are also offered.
This is an absolutely great school. I am prepared for college and have a scholarship because I went to this school. Thanks AOT!!
The teachers are really nice. All the teachers are more then willing to spend the time to help you one on one. The students all get along, there is a enforced no bullying tolerance. For the most part all the students get along.
I have enjoyed attending the Academy of Tucson for my high school career. The small campus and class sizes makes for a personal learning experience.
There are different clubs that anyone can be a part of. They all have teachers that help run them but it is mostly up to the students what they want to do. Because of this, they are not always the best organized.
The only thing that I did not like about this school is how small it is. I would have liked a larger school more because there are more opportunities for harder classes. I do like the fact that this school is very close, similar to a family.
All of the teachers care about the students. The teachers do their best to make sure that the students are passing the classes and understanding the materials. Most classes are lecture based but they stay very interesting. It is easy to contact a teacher when help is needed and they respond within a day usually.
The students at the school are about average, you have your average people and you have the wannabes as well
We do not have a technical nurse at school. We have never had a lock down drill since I have been here, and only a few fire drills every year.
It was okay for the most part. There were times were I planned on transferring out but I just did not do it
There is no cafeteria we sit outside, not sure how the food is because I pack a lunch
The administration is average, there are a few that are fair and a few that some people have had issues with
There are only a few sport teams. I was disappointed that there was no baseball because that is what I play and there is not many other teams as well.
Most of the teachers you are able to tell that they care or that they are willing to help the students. A few of the teachers some do not find very helpful or who they appear to be towards people.
Start Your Review of Academy of Tucson High School
There are a few opportunities and clubs that students can become involved in, but there are not a lot of sports which I find disappointing.
Being a vegetarian myself, I suppose I am somewhat of a picky eater. That being said, I can usually eat school lunches twice a week, but the vegan options are virtually nonexistent.
The only reason I give this category a poor review is due to our lack of a gymnasium. Since we do not have a gym or field of any sort, we have to have our "home games", 50 minutes away from our school, halfway across town. This becomes highly inconvenient.