Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Academy of the Redwoods, Early College High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Eureka, CA. It has 190 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 32 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Academy of the Redwoods, Early College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A45 Students
- B-41 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+29 Students
- C28 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+22 Students
- A19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- Changing seats at the end of the year40%
- Challenge day!!!27%
- Winter Formal27%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Academy of the Redwoods, Early College High School
- B-Fortuna Union High School
- Fortuna Union High School District, CA
- 116 reviews
- A-Arcata High School
- Northern Humboldt Union High School District, CA
- 152 reviews
- NGGlen Paul
- Public School
- Eureka, CA
- BFerndale High School
- Ferndale Unified School District, CA
- 17 reviews
Academy of the Redwoods, Early College High School Reviews
I love my high school. Originally I wanted to go to AR because of the fact that I could take college classes, and I really wanted to get ahead, and sure enough I did. I have been able to take as many as 65 college units and will now will be graduating high school with an AA degree! I was able to grow more than just in academics. I've always been painfully shy and have had to struggle with depression and anxiety. Luckily, the community is so close that I really felt safe and began to come out of my shell. I started reaching out of my comfort zone little by little, and now I'm getting ready to put on a lip sync as part of my senior project! The one issue is sports. We only have basketball, and I know that for some people sports are a huge determinant. Even if that's the case, I still highly recommend Academy of the Redwoods. Not only for academics, but for the amount of personal growth you'll do along the way.
It's a great school that is academically driven but does not have many sports or other activities. They offer many resources, including the most prominent one, to take college classes as a highschooler. The classes are small, which allows students to create a relationship with the staff. The staff is amazing and very supportive. There are great diversity and resources. The school is very safe and offers a variety of food due to being on a college campus. There is a police academy and real officers on campus. The community is very supportive and open to anyone, no matter their ethnic background, gender, etc. This school is more focused on Science and Math, but not focused on art or sports. You can find a variety of clubs and create your own clubs. The academy of the Redwoods encourages student independence and student advocacy. Parent involvement is not very prominent but is still present.
Literally every flaw in this school is due to the district it's a part of. But every year, the school grows more independent, more able to provide for the student as the administrative body sees fit. The teachers allow independence that allows students room to make mistakes and grow and really learn. The AR classes are great and fine but truly the reason this school stands out is because of the opportunity to take courses from the community college. The AR teachers prepare you well for the coming independence of college courses and I can never be thankful enough to them.