- Private, Boarding, Other, All-Girls
- BRYN ATHYN, PA
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
The Academy of the New Church Girls School is a private, day and boarding, college preparatory school for grades 9-12, situated on a beautiful 26 acre campus 17 miles from Center City Philadelphia. In 1884, the Girls School was added to the ANC Boys School to form the ANC Secondary Schools. Today the Girls School continues to provide a structured and caring environment that strives to enhance the civil, moral and spiritual lives of our students.
ANC Girls School provides the best aspects of an all girls education—from strong female role models to academics tailored specifically for developing female minds--as well as the advantages of a co-educational school—from collaboration in the performing arts to classes with Boys School students.
With a total enrollment of about 100, our students enjoy meaningful connections with each other and individual attention from the faculty. Our goal as a faith-based institution is to help girls grow intellectually, morally and spiritually.
Academy of the New Church - Girls School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B22 Students
- grade A minus19 Students
- grade A11 Students
- grade A+8 Students
- grade B8 Students
- grade A+7 Students
- grade A minus6 Students
- grade B minus6 Students
- grade A+5 Students
- grade A minus5 Students
Prospective students and their families are invited to join us on Saturday, October 23rd for an Open House. Tour the academic buildings, experience our beautiful campus, hear from our principal, meet faculty, attend a class and learn more about our academic, athletic and arts program offerings.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
- Community Service Trip21%
- Oratoricle Event21%
- Gratitude Grams14%
- Powder Puff Football14%
- Telegrams- A Capella Preformances14%
- Sigma Activities7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 3 responses
Academy of the New Church - Girls School Reviews
However, I did push back a bit against the very strict rules regarding dress codes, PDA, speech, etc. It's a private church school which I understand, but there were times when it felt like the faculty would try to shame us into following the rules. As we marched to chapel every morning, the teachers would be there, looking us up and down to make sure our skirts were long enough and that we were wearing the correct color socks...
Overall, I enjoyed my time at ANC. I would just like there to be a bit more flexibility and support at such an important stage in life.
ANC is a private boarding school and this creates a very unique atmosphere. Approximately half the students commute and half live on campus. The commuter students are able to spend time in the dormitories or the school property any time. I would compare our school to a liberal arts college. You are getting a taste of everything: science, math, art, literature, languages etc. There are also other ways to get involved with academic or other extracurricular activities outside the classroom. We have a community service club; two fraternities and two sororities that focus on building relationships, service and are another way to spend time with your fellow students.
The arts and athletics are also a huge part of the school. I would not be surprised if everyone in the school has at least done one sport in their high school career. Our teams have won countless championships and gone to national tournaments. It is more than winning though. We all want to support each other and going to sports games are one of the most entertaining ways to do that! Another way is through the performing arts. We have a play and a musical every year. I have participated in these for most of my years at ANC and they have given me memories I will never forget.
Of course every school has its downsides. There is the occasional annoying teacher. We do have a uniform and a social dresscode we must follow when we go to any school event. These have posed some conflicts evidently. However, Each and everyday I feel welcome and at home in my school and I have made many memories that I will cherish for years to come.